Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VOT]: VoteCoin - a new era of anonymous crypto democracy - page 38. (Read 78590 times)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10
I forgot to add, that with VoteCoin, we're also considering ways how to enable "equal voice" votes, which would include a possibility for government to distribute only certain VOT coins to the citizens of given country, and let the citizens vote in some political elections using those "special" VOT coins only, so the elections couldn't be influenced by "big fishes" or even by people from different states. This is work in progress currently.

-Tom

Great idea - I wonder where that came from Wink
Activity: 51
Merit: 6
It is good to discuss and analyze the theoretical use of this system in country elections, as a concept, because it allows us to learn from past mistakes and improve existing situations, but please keep in mind that this is designed for practical use, such as community (of all kinds) elections, polls and crowdfunding.

The new wallet release will contain features discussed here and we are genuinely considering all your opinions and concerns about VoteCoin functionality.

Also please remember this is an ongoing project, with many features that are not yet announced because we find better ways to do them as the project evolves, and we do not want to "promise" features that won't become true.

Expect significant updates in a couple of days Cheesy
Activity: 265
Merit: 105
What will happens with Votes after the elections? Vote will be accumulated in 1 place, the place holder will decide what to do wth Votes or they will be burned after elections?
It depends on the organizer what to do with it. The organizer is the only one who will have access to the private keys for all addresses (each vote option has distinct address).
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
What will happens with Votes after the elections? Vote will be accumulated in 1 place, the place holder will decide what to do wth Votes or they will be burned after elections?
So interesting concept - I have been considering a form of vote coin for sometime. However, the big issue I see with this votecoin is the concept is whoever owns the coin gets more votes. In short, golden rule = the one with the gold makes the rules. This isn't a true democratic coin. In order to be democratic everyone needs to have an equal/fair voice. If not, some big fish can come in and buy the votes.
If you are a big fish, lets say you buy votes and influence voting. Well, then the votes you bought are TRANSFERRED by the action of voting to the organizer of the poll/election/crowdfund. Please describe what you consider wrong in this example. People with money will influence the results while PAYING their money for their opinion. They will end up losing money. This seems fair to me.

Democracy does not mean "equal voice". Democracy means "rule of the people". People decide. But the concept of fair votes in recent democratic elections is rather new, unusual, and imho dangerous. Not long ago, half of the population couldn't vote at all (women). And not even longer ago, lots of other people couldn't vote as well (slaves) and nobody had any problem with Democracy at that time. I'm not saying that women shouldn't have voting right, I'm not even propagating slavery, I am just saying that the whole concept of democracy is different than you assume and it changes during time.

-Tom

I forgot to add, that with VoteCoin, we're also considering ways how to enable "equal voice" votes, which would include a possibility for government to distribute only certain VOT coins to the citizens of given country, and let the citizens vote in some political elections using those "special" VOT coins only, so the elections couldn't be influenced by "big fishes" or even by people from different states. This is work in progress currently.

-Tom
Get listed in https://coinscontrol.com exchange and trading platform for just 0.10 BTC and reach global crypto traders
This exchange has no volume traded, makes no sense to pay listing on it, I am afraid.

-Tom
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
Get listed in https://coinscontrol.com exchange and trading platform for just 0.10 BTC and reach global crypto traders
So interesting concept - I have been considering a form of vote coin for sometime. However, the big issue I see with this votecoin is the concept is whoever owns the coin gets more votes. In short, golden rule = the one with the gold makes the rules. This isn't a true democratic coin. In order to be democratic everyone needs to have an equal/fair voice. If not, some big fish can come in and buy the votes.
If you are a big fish, lets say you buy votes and influence voting. Well, then the votes you bought are TRANSFERRED by the action of voting to the organizer of the poll/election/crowdfund. Please describe what you consider wrong in this example. People with money will influence the results while PAYING their money for their opinion. They will end up losing money. This seems fair to me.

Democracy does not mean "equal voice". Democracy means "rule of the people". People decide. But the concept of fair votes in recent democratic elections is rather new, unusual, and imho dangerous. Not long ago, half of the population couldn't vote at all (women). And not even longer ago, lots of other people couldn't vote as well (slaves) and nobody had any problem with Democracy at that time. I'm not saying that women shouldn't have voting right, I'm not even propagating slavery, I am just saying that the whole concept of democracy is different than you assume and it changes during time.

-Tom
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
Ctd
Activity: 71
Merit: 0

Telegram bot for monitoring (free).
Stable blocks.
Stable payouts.
Easy config builder on website.

votecoin.catspool.org - VoteCoin Pool

0.2% fee

Regions
EU: votecoin.catspool.org
US: votecoin-us.catspool.org

Ports:
Vardiff port 3132
Vardiff secure port 3133 (lower Claymore's fee)

User: [Your Wallet].[Worker Name]
Password: x

Tested with miners: Bminer, Claymore, dstm, ewbf, nicehash cpu

http://votecoin.catspool.org
That number on coinmarketcap is not correct. We've already contacted their support to fix it.

Currently there are 22600250 VOT in circulation.

Hi Votecoin team, I have two questions:
1.How many Vot coins are currently in circulation?

Hi,
You can check currently in circulation numbers there: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/votecoin/
Activity: 18

Hi,
You can check currently in circulation numbers there: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/votecoin/
Activity: 1

2.Are there any plans of releasing Android Wallet?

Thanks

Activity: 462
Merit: 252
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
Interesting project, I am trying to get some coins but it's hard on tradesatoshi Sad Would be nice to see VOT on other exchanges.

Hello! Why it's hard? Also you can try BarterDex.
It is hard because there are no volume and liqudity. Even with 1btc market price can up two or more times...
Activity: 94
Hey everybody!

Come join our small VoteCoin Pool @

https://snowgem.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/blockmaster-300x300.png

VoteCoin.BlockSmasher.org

server: mining.blocksmasher.org
user: your_VoteCoin_wallet.rig
pass: x
port: 3052 (CPU),  3053 (Small/Mid size GPU rigs),  3058 (Nicehash, big farms)

Our mining server has been optimized for efficiency and stability, Come and try it out! Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 17

Votecoin mining pools http://altcoinminingpools.com/equihash/votecoin with online stats and chart.

the Pearpool project
Activity: 51
Merit: 6
In a funny way, if VOT would ever be "used" for russian elections , it will be renamed to Putin coin and all developers will vanish in mysterious ways Smiley)

I think there are much much better use for such a system totally unrelated to politics. Don't confuse voting with politics. As i already said, the word "elections" will be renamed to make things more clear Smiley
Activity: 143
Merit: 8
https://nibirupool.com
I don't want to attract votecoin to the election of the President of Russia, I just proposed to release some positive news about development Votecoin and dedicate it to this date:)
Thus, further warm up the interest of the community to the coin. Kiss

Make sense Smiley
Activity: 21
I don't want to attract votecoin to the election of the President of Russia, I just proposed to release some positive news about development Votecoin and dedicate it to this date:)
Thus, further warm up the interest of the community to the coin. Kiss
Activity: 143
Merit: 8
https://nibirupool.com
March 18, 2018 in Russia will hold presidential elections Smiley
Of course we will not be able to influence their vote on the outcome, but it would be good by this time to include a vote on the VOT Coin:)
This could give a very good jerk for the coin

Election in Russia it is nothing but fiction.
And how exactly you wanna involve VOT to political election?

I think that's impossible Sad
Pages:
Jump to: