Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 115. (Read 436160 times)

Activity: 592
Merit: 500
Interesting, a 5BTC order at 2352 sat.

Not long left for cheap coins, only a week left to accumulate.

Wow some one really wants to get in cheap. Maybe he is counting on the btc bull run for someone to dump.

Lol 5 BTC. That's half the cost of used cadillac brougham in mint condition. Flock to it guys. This is a signal that things are getting traction.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10

Wow some one really wants to get in cheap. Maybe he is counting on the btc bull run for someone to dump.

30 Dec 16, 03:40

It's getting a little tricky to pin point the exact time, but Thursday, Friday or Sat next week.

If we are still keeping to block 1,200,000 devs need to be releasing something mid next week and getting exchanges to update.

Not many people talking about testing of the new client  Huh

That's either a bad thing, because testing on forks is always recommended

or, it's a good thing, because the devs don't want anyone to see what's being revealed.

Either way, remember folks, new client releases often come with one or two bugs. So back-up now and if shit happens, that's ok, it happens.

How sure is planned fork at 1200000 block?
Devs give no confirm. We are close but no
assurance yet it will occur. Delay would make
many holder dump...
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Nodes That Serve
Interesting post on the vtorrent Riot channel about the company that can track almost all torrent users through the IP addresses they harvested from Bittorrent use.

https://torrentfreak.com/i-know-what-you-downloaded-on-bittorrent-161223/

People should switch to vTorrent as soon as it is available.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

30 Dec 16, 03:40

It's getting a little tricky to pin point the exact time, but Thursday, Friday or Sat next week.

If we are still keeping to block 1,200,000 devs need to be releasing something mid next week and getting exchanges to update.

Not many people talking about testing of the new client  Huh

That's either a bad thing, because testing on forks is always recommended

or, it's a good thing, because the devs don't want anyone to see what's being revealed.

Either way, remember folks, new client releases often come with one or two bugs. So back-up now and if shit happens, that's ok, it happens.
Activity: 474
Merit: 261
GBM

Activity: 474
Merit: 261
GBM
when is the next release? really excited to see what is coming, I hope an announcement is also made for the next release in february.
legendary
Activity: 1064
nohard feelings guys. have a happy holidays and a prospers new year.
legendary
Activity: 1288

legendary
I've been running a survey on guessing how many Bitcoin users there are.

Looks like the wisdom of the crowd wins again:

https://twitter.com/nikzh/status/811900999019401217

I voted for 5m-15m and so did quite a lot of people  Wink

To put this into context.

The above chart is the total Bitcoin users, using a reasonably good measure, IMO.

There are currently 30m active daily users of BitTorrent. The pool of users ranges from 200m to 500m.

BitTorrent use does in one day, what Bitcoin has been doing for 9 years.

What I think is interesting is the number of people that use YouTube. Billions.

What will be interesting is if the devs can figure out a way to integrate vTorrent with an app that can be used on TV's to stream content into living rooms, bedrooms and kitchens all over the world.

vTorrent should focus heavily on paid for content, Hollywood content distributed by locals for their neighbors and sharing in the profits.

vTorrent, MU2 and JoyStream will take Bitcoin mainstream.
Activity: 125
Merit: 10
Lol, what the hell.

We're at block 1187584. Major new features at 1200000 and people are selling!? LOL

-Pickle

Second wallet on trex got no balls.

The market will move up pretty quick in a week, just watch BTC moon, then it will be VTR's turn.

We see.... we see, that this coin has held price nicely against bit... Hard to catch dips.

If useful features come out with the fork it will do as you say we think.  Wink

~ The Hive ~
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Nodes That Serve
Hard fork, 12/30/16 1:48 AM

That's weird. Chain was speeding up, now slowing down.

Back on track, 12/29/16 11:29 PM

Hard fork guess, 12/29/16 9:50 PM

Hard fork guess, 12/29/16 10:28 PM

Window is narrowing.
Activity: 784
Merit: 272
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
Lol, what the hell.

We're at block 1187584. Major new features at 1200000 and people are selling!? LOL

-Pickle

The market will move up pretty quick in a week, just watch BTC moon, then it will be VTR's turn.

Its pretty normal for altcoin prices to slip when Bitcoin peaks--right now the entire market cap of Bitcoin is the highest its ever been (including peak Mt Gox).
legendary
Lol, what the hell.

-Pickle

Activity: 242
Merit: 250
Lol, what the hell.

-Pickle
legendary
There is a new chatroom for vtorrent on Riot

https://riot.im/app/#/directory

#vtorrent:matrix.org

avoid using chrome

bump

it's good to see we are ahead of Zcash on using Riot for general chat and some basic noob tech support  Grin

https://twitter.com/zooko/status/811676880374026240

Scan through the discussion to see a list of private chat clients out there and Riot seems to do pretty well.

@devs secure group chat within vTorrent is looking more and more essential. Looking forward to seeing it within one of the next releases.
legendary
The volume problem.

There many people circling vTorrent at the moment, so I'm being told.

There are some whales that are standing back waiting for the volume to go way up, so they can trade decent amounts.
Spending 1 btc on a bunch of coins and pushing up the price is not their idea of trading.  Spending 30-50 btc in a fast moving, high volume market is more like what they want to see and the levels they want to spend.

To get the volume going, vTorrent needs BitTorrent working or a sneak peak video of the BitTorrent features, IMO.

We are curious, where did you get this information?

We also thank you for the fork dates.

~ The Hive ~

You'll just have to take it on trust that this is true.

If you know anything about traders and whales, you'll know they like volume and liquid markets.

There is money waiting to see what the devs have to offer in terms of BitTorrent integration. There is no expectation that it will be perfect on day one.
legendary
Okay, I understand that it is PoS but it is listed as hybrid PoW/PoS. Also, it seems there were working scrypt mining pools at one point as I read back in time in this thread. What am I missing?

There were several weeks of mining back at launch, then it switched to PoS.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Okay, I understand that it is PoS but it is listed as hybrid PoW/PoS. Also, it seems there were working scrypt mining pools at one point as I read back in time in this thread. What am I missing?

My understanding is that it started as PoW but later went to PoS. one of the old timers can chime in I've only learned of the project relatively recently.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Jump to: