Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 138. (Read 436160 times)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Why is it necessary to use this though there is Piratesbay or utorrent?
If there is not the merit more than these, this coin is a nothingness.

I'm not sure that your aware that there seems to be a global copyright crack down on torrent sites at the moment, they are going down left, right and centre, servers being sized and owners arrested, by decentralizing the torrent links (storing them on the chain in the wallet) you are eliminating the need to visit a central site, it also makes it impossible to take down.

Here in the UK they are leading the way at getting ISP's to block torrent sites, including thePirateBay, so a decentralized system is desperately needed.

I still cant get peers active. It is quite confusing for
Non crypto person to set up all peers and nodes.
In future downloads will have to have all in one
Package like sdc or similars. People like it simple.
Unless I am mistaken, the capital T in the title of the file vTorrent.conf is the problem. Smiley

Edit:
Make it lower case, so it will be vtorrent.conf

It seems node/peers adresses not working in vtorrent conf
File. Can u make video about apple mac vtorrent conf
Set up?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014

Fancy seeing you here. Smiley

--

Oh wow, I just noticed in my tutorial I didn't save the file as vtorrent.conf, it is saved as "New Text Document.conf"
I'll just add some text to that part of the video to make it clear. :/

Youtubes censoring is super annoying, it forces itself to be "motion tracking" and randomly moves around a still video. Oh well.
Activity: 474
Merit: 261
GBM
Slowly moving up the rich list. Top 50 now  Grin

Guys its 5% POS you have to be staking.

It not only secures the network, will also increase the prices as the sell side will have less coins and POS are free coins for just keeping your wallet open.

Dev I have only 1 request please change the colour of the wallet. Its quite dull.
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
Intersting article about Kodi tvaddons stealing bandwidth from cyberlockers (places where users can go to stream pirated movie content... for as little as $5 a month)

https://torrentfreak.com/streaming-cyberlockers-hate-pirate-kodi-add-ons-161126/

If seeders were compensated using VTR's PoS, that would solve this problem.

Anyone have any thought on this?

Let them eat each other alive.

TVAddons steal content from lockers without having to worry about bandwidth costs, which lockers have to pay for.

Lockers steal content and try to make money from it. But now they are getting burned. So they complain about TVAddons stealing 'their' content?

Meanwhile users are leaking their IP addresses.

The whole online model is doomed.

Screen shots about vtorrent conf etc...

https://imgur.com/user/testudguy

Try with this list for your vTorrent.conf
http://cryptoguru.tk/NetworkInfo/index.php?Currency=VTR

I have 18 connection now
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
Please try to add nodes from the first post.

The new beta client will have all of those nodes hard coded and should requires no further action from users.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your support.

Nodes from front page (always use the front page OP):

Appearing in vtorrent.conf

addnode=31.220.49.95:32524
addnode=31.220.49.178:42524
addnode=108.61.242.254
addnode=108.35.173.204
addnode=85.24.143.44
addnode=104.236.20.112
addnode=212.204.164.23
addnode=82.130.210.236
addnode=24.37.155.182
addnode=192.99.13.67
addnode=25.169.124.62
addnode=46.165.209.144
addnode=37.187.144.36
addnode=104.236.43.108

Failed to respond to ping when tested ...

addnode=108.61.242.254
addnode=108.35.173.204
addnode=85.24.143.44
addnode=104.236.20.112
addnode=212.204.164.23
addnode=82.130.210.236
addnode=24.37.155.182
addnode=192.99.13.67
addnode=25.169.124.62
addnode=46.165.209.144
addnode=37.187.144.36
addnode=104.236.43.108

(so perhaps might be inappropriate for inclusion in a list of recommended nodes.)

... acknowledging ping requests but failing to respond to onetry when tested.

addnode=108.61.242.254
addnode=108.35.173.204
addnode=85.24.143.44
addnode=104.236.20.112
addnode=212.204.164.23
addnode=82.130.210.236
addnode=24.37.155.182
addnode=192.99.13.67
addnode=25.169.124.62
addnode=46.165.209.144
addnode=37.187.144.36
addnode=104.236.43.108

Which may be one possible explanation as to why folks are reporting back that the wallet is not finding any nodes.

Anyone care to double-check?

Cheers

Graham
legendary
Crypto since 2014

--

It would be good if there was a system where you would download 99% of the file(s) of a torrent, but then need to upload that to another user in need of the files.
Then once that is completed, you get the last 1%.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Piratesbay is a website that provides torrents links (so, it's illegal) that you can use inside uTorrent (the software is legal) to download files.

The issue for torrent clients like uTorrent is that people that make files available for others to download use their own bandwidth.

What should happen is that someone who downloads a file, should then make it available for others to download from them.

If everyone downloaded and made files available for others, uTorrent would be incredibly efficient (a swarm, using jargon).

But it's not efficient. People download, but then don't make files available.

So people stop making files available because everyone takes but doesn't give.

Instead, you have private clubs forming where people share with each other.  What.CD was an example of this.

Some private clubs charge a fee.

So you have vTorrent and JoyStream which are trying to correct this market distortion, where people take but don't give - the distortion being there are too few people prepared to just give for no return, and there are way too many takers (150m to 300m people per month)

* If you want to download from a particular person for free, no problem. As long as there are people prepared to offer files, you are good to go.

* If you want to make files available and you want to charge people, no problem. If you've just written and produced your own song, charge away, and fill your boots.

Can you see the difference? vTorrent and JoyStream are introducing a market mechanism. Payment options to give people that make files available to others (seeders) the option to charge to encourage more seeders.

People that download (leechers) can either pay to download or spend hours trying to find free content.

So the question really is why vTorrent and not JoyStream?

Well, I'm glad you asked.

* JoyStream uses Bitcoin for micro transactions. Yeah, good luck with that.

* JoyStream uses Bitcoin, which means Bitcoin transactions can be traced. Yeah, good luck with that.

* JoySream has venture capital and legally structured shareholder obligations; defacto regulated. Yeah, good luck with that.

* JoyStream doesn't have Tor or I2P, so your IP address leaks all over the place. Yeah, good luck with that.
legendary
Crypto since 2014

I'm not sure that your aware that there seems to be a global copyright crack down on torrent sites at the moment, they are going down left, right and centre, servers being sized and owners arrested, by decentralizing the torrent links (storing them on the chain in the wallet) you are eliminating the need to visit a central site, it also makes it impossible to take down.

Here in the UK they are leading the way at getting ISP's to block torrent sites, including thePirateBay, so a decentralized system is desperately needed.

Unless I am mistaken, the capital T in the title of the file vTorrent.conf is the problem. Smiley

Edit:
Make it lower case, so it will be vtorrent.conf

legendary
Activity: 1288

legendary
Crypto since 2014
Intersting article about Kodi tvaddons stealing bandwidth from cyberlockers (places where users can go to stream pirated movie content... for as little as $5 a month)

https://torrentfreak.com/streaming-cyberlockers-hate-pirate-kodi-add-ons-161126/

TVAddons steal content from lockers without having to worry about bandwidth costs, which lockers have to pay for.

Lockers steal content and try to make money from it. But now they are getting burned. So they complain about TVAddons stealing 'their' content?

And another:  https://imgur.com/user/testudguy
No offence, but judging by the fact that you just sent two of the exact same links to your profile with no pictures there, you probably did something wrong in the tutorial. Smiley

Can you send the links to he actual pictures please? Smiley

legendary

legendary

legendary
Why they don't have their own website?

Because it can be traced, due to the nature of the project, they would be putting a target on they're back.

I made all as per video and still have 0 active connections
What i am doing wrong?

what did you name your .conf file?

Yes conf file. No txt. Also i put file inside appdata roaming
Folder vtorrent-hd. I copied about 30 nodes adresses
From [Suspicious link removed]  and still no active conections.

screenshots

Because it can be traced, due to the nature of the project, they would be putting a target on they're back.

What i am doing wrong?

Yes conf file. No txt. Also i put file inside appdata roaming
Folder vtorrent-hd. I copied about 30 nodes adresses
From [Suspicious link removed]  and still no active conections.
legendary

What i am doing wrong?

legendary

What i am doing wrong?

Take a screenshot where your files are stored, upload the image to imgur.com, get a link for your image and paste back here.

Also do an image of your vTorrent.conf file, if you have one.
Activity: 474
Merit: 261
GBM
What is the certainty that the dev is going to deliver. Not trying to be a jerk but a genuine question.

Good question. Nothing wrong with asking it.

Check devs post history. They say they have built it already.

Then download the wallet. Use the 2FA. Then tell me which other wallet has 2FA built in. It gives real confidence when you come to appreciate this is the only project that's managed to do 2FA to protect your staking coins.

Thanks..Yes I am aware of the 2FA.

Brb going to stalk the dev post history.

What i am doing wrong?
Jump to: