Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 140. (Read 436160 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
The accumulation range continues.  Cool

I bet that since price has been so low for so long that people are dumping some of their wares for small time profits (trading too) and perhaps even losing sight of the BIGGER picture here.

I don't mind.

Looks like the second biggest wallet on trex(now 3rd) pussed out and dumped 93K, took some small time profits.

When the coins go into stronger hands, we go back up.
Wow showing some shake but like what youve said its just needed to get strong holders and we will be fine for sure as we still seeing progress theres no need to make panic just simply hold and wait it will bring good outcome thanks dev.

Hi guys! I have some issues with vtr wallet.
I downloaded from github and since last 12 hours
It says : wallet out of sync. In right bottom of screen
It says wallet is syncing. How long is usualy that?
It does not say how many percent is done by now.
Any suggestions?

It's a two year old chain, it can take at least two days, as long as you got peers (move your mouse over the connection bars on the bottom right to find out how many).

It say 0 connections. I guess thats peers.
I have mac so how to set up peers?
I saw video for windows it seems u have to
Writte into dat some nodes numbers.
Its quite complicated for newbees. How is
Done on mac then?

Coins101 made this post a while back, it should help:

Can anyone put a list of peers here with instructions on how to add them. still having trouble with wallet and I deleted the old folder. maybe I just need more then the 2 connections im getting

An old post, read it carefully:

Windows wallet no active connections as of 23 Dec. It worked OK since launch. Any ideas?

Please try to add nodes from the first post.

The new beta client will have all of those nodes hard coded and should requires no further action from users.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your support.
I've made a txt file and saved with nodes. Does it need a specific name and place to go as Its still not working. Thanks.

Put all the nodes in text file and save it as 'vTorrent.conf' then move/copy it according to your operating system

For Windows:

The file AppData folder is hidden by default so make sure to enable viewing hidden files.

Code:
Windows drive (C:) -> Users -> $YOURUSERNAME -> AppData -> Roaming -> vTorrent

For Mac:

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/vTorrent/

OR

Code:
/Users/$YOURUSERNAME/Library/Application Support/vTorrent/

For Linux:

Code:
~/.vTorrent/

Please let me know if you still have any problem after following this procedures,

Thank you for your support.

Nodes from front page (always use the front page OP):
Code:
addnode=31.220.49.95:32524
addnode=31.220.49.178:42524
addnode=108.61.242.254
addnode=108.35.173.204
addnode=85.24.143.44
addnode=104.236.20.112
addnode=212.204.164.23
addnode=82.130.210.236
addnode=24.37.155.182
addnode=192.99.13.67
addnode=25.169.124.62
addnode=46.165.209.144
addnode=37.187.144.36
addnode=104.236.43.108

1. Notepad
2. place these nodes in notepad
3. save the notepad file as vtorrent.conf
4. save the file in the directory where your vtorrent wallet is located (see dev instructions above)
5. careful not to save your tile as vtorrent.conf.txt (check when you are saving in notepad that you select 'All files' if you're on windows.

Actually, if more people were staking, I think the chain would be zinging along.

Instructions for mac?

Follow the video tutorial e1ghtspace made and stick the .conf file for Mac here: ~/Library/Application Support/vTorrent/

That should sort you out.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Any suggestions for a wiki or documentation location?

Any thoughts on using zeronet to do documentation?
Activity: 86
Merit: 10

I bet that since price has been so low for so long that people are dumping some of their wares for small time profits (trading too) and perhaps even losing sight of the BIGGER picture here.

I don't mind.

Looks like the second biggest wallet on trex(now 3rd) pussed out and dumped 93K, took some small time profits.

Wow showing some shake but like what youve said its just needed to get strong holders and we will be fine for sure as we still seeing progress theres no need to make panic just simply hold and wait it will bring good outcome thanks dev.

Any suggestions?

It's a two year old chain, it can take at least two days, as long as you got peers (move your mouse over the connection bars on the bottom right to find out how many).

Done on mac then?

Can anyone put a list of peers here with instructions on how to add them. still having trouble with wallet and I deleted the old folder. maybe I just need more then the 2 connections im getting

Windows wallet no active connections as of 23 Dec. It worked OK since launch. Any ideas?

The new beta client will have all of those nodes hard coded and should requires no further action from users.

I've made a txt file and saved with nodes. Does it need a specific name and place to go as Its still not working. Thanks.

Put all the nodes in text file and save it as 'vTorrent.conf' then move/copy it according to your operating system

For Windows:

The file AppData folder is hidden by default so make sure to enable viewing hidden files.

Code:

For Mac:

Code:

OR

Code:

For Linux:

Code:
~/.vTorrent/

Please let me know if you still have any problem after following this procedures,

Code:
addnode=108.61.242.254
addnode=108.35.173.204
addnode=85.24.143.44
addnode=104.236.20.112
addnode=212.204.164.23
addnode=82.130.210.236
addnode=24.37.155.182
addnode=192.99.13.67
addnode=25.169.124.62
addnode=46.165.209.144
addnode=37.187.144.36
addnode=104.236.43.108

1. Notepad
4. save the file in the directory where your vtorrent wallet is located (see dev instructions above)
5. careful not to save your tile as vtorrent.conf.txt (check when you are saving in notepad that you select 'All files' if you're on windows.

Actually, if more people were staking, I think the chain would be zinging along.

Instructions for mac?
legendary

I don't mind.

Any suggestions?

Done on mac then?

For Windows:

Code:

For Mac:

Code:

OR

Code:

For Linux:

Code:
~/.vTorrent/

Code:
addnode=108.61.242.254
addnode=108.35.173.204
addnode=85.24.143.44
addnode=104.236.20.112
addnode=212.204.164.23
addnode=82.130.210.236
addnode=24.37.155.182
addnode=192.99.13.67
addnode=25.169.124.62
addnode=46.165.209.144
addnode=37.187.144.36
addnode=104.236.43.108

1. Notepad

Activity: 522
Merit: 500
Hey Dev,
When you get a chance can you please issue an "official" bootstrap?

I don't mind to do it, but because I'm just a user people won't trust it.

Thanks.

I don't mind.

Any suggestions?

Done on mac then?
legendary

I don't mind.

Any suggestions?

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014

I don't mind.

Any suggestions?
It can take the whole day, it took quite a long time for me.

We may need a bootstrap.dat.
The accumulation range continues.  Cool

I don't mind.

Any suggestions?
Activity: 756

I don't mind.

legendary

I don't mind.

Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître

I don't mind.
legendary
~32 BTC (~$24000) volume on Bittrex within last 24 hours
~800K VTR volume

8th largest market on Bittrex

Yeah people are noticing VTR now, gonna be a very interesting few weeks leading upto the first fork.

Let's see if we can sustain some decent volume up until then.

When is first and when second fork? Any idea?

Hard fork 1 = 59,656 blocks from now

Hard fork 2 = 159,656 blocks from now

Roughly 60 sec blocks, according to the OP

Thnks. But would be easier just to mention aprox date?

Do some math, don't be lazy Smiley

It's tricky to give dates. Some blocks zip through in 60 seconds, some take longer.

If you give a date, people will put it in the diary and maybe complain at me later if its wrong.

It would give you a rough estimate, he was just being lazy.
legendary
~800K VTR volume

Yeah people are noticing VTR now, gonna be a very interesting few weeks leading upto the first fork.

It's tricky to give dates. Some blocks zip through in 60 seconds, some take longer.

If you give a date, people will put it in the diary and maybe complain at me later if its wrong.
legendary
~800K VTR volume

~800K VTR volume

legendary
~800K VTR volume

~800K VTR volume

legendary
~800K VTR volume

Activity: 522
~800K VTR volume

Jump to: