Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 37. (Read 436148 times)

Activity: 263
Merit: 250
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
@Dev

Just so you are aware, when JoyStream goes open source, we'll be forking it and merging it with vTorrent coin holders.

There is a developer that is happy to maintain the new chain.

The new JoyStream fork will not be building new functionality. It will be a "JoyStrem Classic" which will keep up with JoyStream releases and just merge changes as and when they are open sourced.

We'll probably have the same number of coins as vTorrent. Anyone who has VTR's can claim the same number of JoyStream Classic coins.

JoyStream Classic will likely be a PoW coin, but we'll wait and see.

JoyStream themselves are focused on Bitcoin, so we are not competing with them on Bitcoin payments.

If at some point after the first 6 to 12 months, people want to actively develop the JoyStream Classic coin, we'll pick that up as a discussion point in the future.

* We are not forking vTorrent.
* We are not changing anything to do with vTorrent
* We are not competing with vTorrent
* JoyStream Classic is not going to be the final name
* As people who own vTorrent VTR coins will get to redeem the same number of JoyStream Classic coins, we are not competing with vTorrent.
* There is no ICO

JoyStream has said they are going open source, so someone will clone it, might as well be vTorrent holders.

PM if you want to coordinate anything on this idea. We'd like to discuss adding 2FA into JoyStream Classic as a separate side project. Also PM if you have any concerns and would rather we didn't do this.

If anyone else thinks its a bad idea and would rather we didn't do this, please come and have a chat in Slack, where we've been discussing it. Or you can PM me.

Just to confirm, nothing - repeat - nothing will happen to vTorrent and no-one is taking over vTorrent.

If people don't want to claim free JoyStream Classic coins, we'll give them to the JoyStream Classic maintainer and to the vTorrent devs.

So now everyone in this thread can wait for vTorrent to release torrents and JoyStream to release torrents.

I'm not doing anything beyond advising as Helium is my priority. But as it will be a simple fork, there is not much to do.

Here it is!!
Activity: 58
Didn't coins101 say he would reboot VTR distribution on a fork of another torrent project, Joystream?
Activity: 784
Merit: 272
Until after the Bitcoin forking issues are resolved, there are no other projects to go to.
Activity: 302
Merit: 100
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
Oh yes, looking quite bad here for sure. Time to go on I guess with another project.
The last time the dev was this quiet for a long time, there was a new version release

----
Thank you for your support, a wallet with new node hard-coded will be release soon.
Regards,

vTorrent

Dear all,

vTorrent-Client 0.8.1 is officially released!

End of August we'll see the updated wallet
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Sorry to tell you guys, but the dev is full of shit. Period.

Worst developer ever, you guys must know that now?
Hm, but that does not really sound overly promising -.-
He doesn't help us much, but I've never thought of him as a scammer. People do go on holiday.
So is the dev finally gone now or not?
Activity: 134
Merit: 10
Shitcoin Bliss
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
when exactly was the last post of the dev here? [should be in the devs post history, rethorical Q]

I find the assumption of being able to develop such a project w/o any community involvement at all quite preposterous
Activity: 263
Merit: 250
Activity: 213
Long accum period for the big fishes, but i agree with the previous com let dev alone, he will deliver, this is long investment coin for me.

Better yet just leave this thread and return back after a year, just maybe after that we will find something new posted by the dev.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Long accum period for the big fishes, but i agree with the previous com let dev alone, he will deliver, this is long investment coin for me.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Reverse approach ? Isn't that that we have already done ? Do you expect us to wait for a year before we get irritated  Roll Eyes

I've been irritated for more than a year already.
Activity: 52
Reverse approach ? Isn't that that we have already done ? Do you expect us to wait for a year before we get irritated  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1764
Why not just let us leave this thread for a while and let the VTR Dev make his post when he feels like it? No pressure, No stress so he can post just the way he likes it. Its kind of tiring wanting for people to invite the Dev to post something and still he doesnt, just maybe trying the reverse approach might do it. In the meantime chillax and move on to better tokens/crypto in the crypto world.
Activity: 52
Hey dev, care to post something ?
Activity: 138
Everything's a bubble, idiot
And after all this time there's still appears to be no downloads of torrents or any sort of torrent activity associated with the current release version. This is why you keep getting bad Flack in this thread and this is why people keep avoiding this. This needs to be actual linking the torrent with the coins.

DOES IT? Thanks for enlightening us with your wisdom. You'd fit right in on our slack channel: https://vtr11.herokuapp.com

Grin
Pages:
Jump to: