Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 75. (Read 436160 times)

Activity: 242
Merit: 250
Dear all,

We have been monitoring the network and working with Bittrex to make sure there will be no issues and no coins will be lost during the hardfork.

I am pleased to inform you all that everything went smoothly and we have successfully switched the vTorrent network from Protocol v1 (80014 in 0.7.x) to v2 (80016 in 0.8.x) that took place on block 1,200,000.

As promised, new client with major upgrades is coming soon, it is still being worked on since there are some thread-related bugs causing the client to crash on certain conditions.

Regards,
vTorrent

I guess we'll just have to go off of this and trust that it's getting close.

-pickle
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Anyone taking bets on whether the dev will produce the goods with the next release? Could hedge in case of bitter disappointment after all this time.

I'm up for a bet if you are?

What's your terms?

Has dev ever said what will be released before the actual release?

No, He has mentioned things he's working on, he's always secretive as to the exact details of any release.

Anyone taking bets on whether the dev will produce the goods with the next release? Could hedge in case of bitter disappointment after all this time.

What's your terms?

Has dev ever said what will be released before the actual release?
legendary

What's your terms?
legendary

now that is quite some rabbit hole you sent me down there!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

because there is not only this one (Visio), but also that one: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-novusphereio-atmos-atms-censorship-resistant-media-sharing-1781895

seriously? the guy calls himself 'Asphyxia' ?!?! How creepy is that? And these monkeys take that guy for real?  

Nice quote from him:
thelg
whats the use for putting a cap?
(cut off)

asphyxia
I'm going to be as honest with you as I can
this project ....

S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S--- goes the Snake  Cheesy - typical psycho speak!

But it seems they were less than thorough in covering their tracks:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18032433

I bet people will still invest in that ICO.
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

now that is quite some rabbit hole you sent me down there!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

because there is not only this one (Visio), but also that one: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-novusphereio-atmos-atms-censorship-resistant-media-sharing-1781895

seriously? the guy calls himself 'Asphyxia' ?!?! How creepy is that? And these monkeys take that guy for real?  

Nice quote from him:
thelg
whats the use for putting a cap?
(cut off)

asphyxia
I'm going to be as honest with you as I can
this project ....

S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S--- goes the Snake  Cheesy - typical psycho speak!

But it seems they were less than thorough in covering their tracks:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.18032433
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
Kim Dot Kom buying VTR to fund legal costs
Activity: 690
Merit: 505
Cryptorials.io
If torrent functionality drops in march this coin is going to be worth at least 100x more. It's worth a gamble.

No doubt. I bet we even see a rise running up to the next fork off the possibility of it dropping.

-pickle

With all the features already implemented in the last fork, I have no idea why this project is not trading at $10m.

Perhaps there really should be a formal process to raise funds from the 5% interest to do lots of outreach and PR.

How many people have popped into this thread and said - 'wow, I didn't know about this project.' ?

It's the devs fault, he didn't even bother to say what was implemented during the last fork, you sifted through the code.

This is why the price is really, really cheap.

I think dev hates BCT.

What was implemented in the last fork anyway? I kind of stopped following straight afterwards.
legendary
March 1st today, so roughly two weeks till D-day.

We'll either take Omaha beach with little resistance or the Germans will cast us back into the sea.  Grin

Either way, not long to find out.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Hey, Kim.com

Thanks for following vTorrent  Grin

Maybe he's got some buy orders in.

Looks like he just started following, too.
legendary
Hey, Kim.com

Thanks for following vTorrent  Grin

Maybe he's got some buy orders in.
legendary
legendary
If torrent functionality drops in march this coin is going to be worth at least 100x more. It's worth a gamble.

No doubt. I bet we even see a rise running up to the next fork off the possibility of it dropping.

-pickle

With all the features already implemented in the last fork, I have no idea why this project is not trading at $10m.

Perhaps there really should be a formal process to raise funds from the 5% interest to do lots of outreach and PR.

How many people have popped into this thread and said - 'wow, I didn't know about this project.' ?

It's the devs fault, he didn't even bother to say what was implemented during the last fork, you sifted through the code.

This is why the price is really, really cheap.

I think dev hates BCT.
legendary

-pickle

-pickle
Activity: 613
Merit: 501
legendary
Hey guys, long time follower first time BTCtalk user  Grin

Wondering if one of you can reply with some useful stickies for newer folks here?

I'll contribute what I have, maybe you can fill in some others?

vTorrent discussion on Riot (open source Slack):
https://riot.im/app/#/room/#vtorrent:matrix.org

vTorrent Blockexplorer:

Instructions for setting up your wallet:

Videos on what this project is attempting to do, overall vision:

Also, there hasn't been talk of putting together a marketing fund for several months.  I think that would be beneficial for this project since it is suffering from lack of exposure and I'd be game to donate my staking reward to that.  Any word on a possible interview IKDO?  Huh

This thing will market itself once it's working, until then there's no point - in my opinion anyway

I agree, it will sell it's self, but until it's working there is nothing to market.

Prepare for a long bag holding guys. Next fork wont
Deliver torrents. It will take several more forks.
I honestly belive another 2 year of developments.
Ipfs will be faster in development.vtorrent will loose
Its time advantage

You should sell then, here's a project for you, visio: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annico-visiowtf-ultimate-video-streaming-sharing-platform-1802371

Waiting for microsoft to sue them over the name "visio"...

I'd swerve that one, ICO with no escrow, most likely it's the pure vidz scammers, round two. People will still buy, greed gets to them.

They are saying they will be using IPFS. If anyone is looking for a project with that tech, shift is due to implement it in about one month, they are building a decentralized internet.
legendary
If this torrent functionality drops in march I'm going to need a beer cause its been hard hodling with such little info coming from the dev. 

-pickle

Now you know how I feel. Grin

If it does drop, i'm gonna get so fucked up.
Hey guys, long time follower first time BTCtalk user  Grin

Wondering if one of you can reply with some useful stickies for newer folks here?

I'll contribute what I have, maybe you can fill in some others?

vTorrent discussion on Riot (open source Slack):

vTorrent Blockexplorer:

Instructions for setting up your wallet:

Videos on what this project is attempting to do, overall vision:

Also, there hasn't been talk of putting together a marketing fund for several months.  I think that would be beneficial for this project since it is suffering from lack of exposure and I'd be game to donate my staking reward to that.  Any word on a possible interview IKDO?  Huh

This thing will market itself once it's working, until then there's no point - in my opinion anyway

I agree, it will sell it's self, but until it's working there is nothing to market.

Prepare for a long bag holding guys. Next fork wont
Deliver torrents. It will take several more forks.
I honestly belive another 2 year of developments.
Ipfs will be faster in development.vtorrent will loose
Its time advantage

You should sell then, here's a project for you, visio: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annico-visiowtf-ultimate-video-streaming-sharing-platform-1802371

Waiting for microsoft to sue them over the name "visio"...
Pages:
Jump to: