Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 74. (Read 436160 times)

Activity: 152
Merit: 100
For those who may have noticed I've taken out my vTorrent sig.

That's not to suggest in any way I've lost interest in vTorrent. I think this project has got the potential to be one of the best top 10 coins in crypto and the vTorrent devs are pretty epic for taking on this challenge, they are just not very communicative.

As I proposed with forking vTorrent if necessary, I'm forking another project that was not looking like it was heading in the direction I thought it should go. I'm taking stewardship of the fork and pushing it forward along with many others in the direction we think it should go.

So my offer to fork vTorrent as a plan B if it looked like the end of the world was upon us - that was not a hollow promise.

Fair enough, but still you didn't really explain why you took it off your sig - will you be putting one up for the other forked project?

**Urging shilling and shameless promotion up to hard fork date**
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
For those who may have noticed I've taken out my vTorrent sig.

That's not to suggest in any way I've lost interest in vTorrent. I think this project has got the potential to be one of the best top 10 coins in crypto and the vTorrent devs are pretty epic for taking on this challenge, they are just not very communicative.

As I proposed with forking vTorrent if necessary, I'm forking another project that was not looking like it was heading in the direction I thought it should go. I'm taking stewardship of the fork and pushing it forward along with many others in the direction we think it should go.

So my offer to fork vTorrent as a plan B if it looked like the end of the world was upon us - that was not a hollow promise.
legendary
I think the majority of the target market should be torrent based sites, crypto sites too, but after all VTR will be a torrent network.

Obviously Torrent freak would be our main target Smiley

I'm up for spit balling some ideas, anyone else have some suggestions?

Edit: i'm thinking when/if we go live, to market this.

I think the marketing awareness process should not start with typical torrent sites. Here is my view on that.

If you pay to advertise or sponsor a torrent news site of some sorts, you will get the attention of those users. Their first reaction will be, great another BitTorrent client. Then they'll try to download the client and then you've lost them. You don't usually get a second chance at making a first impression.

If you target crypto users, quite a fair number of them are BitTorrent users. They'll get it straightaway. Oh, it's not ready yet? No problem, looks like the coins are still cheap too: FOMO.

Spending the marketing money on crypto sites should mean that the number of people interested in vTorrent goes up and so will the price. You can then use the increased value of the stake rewards to build up a war chest and when the time is right, you'll have the financial ammunition to go and sponsor torrent news sites.

That's when the project starts cooking on gas. You'll find it will be much easier to convert BitTorrent users to being crypto users once they see something they are familiar with and can use to do what they already do from the minute they download the vTorrent client.

Just my view.
legendary
Activity: 1288
So the general consensus among those on this forum at least is a wait and see approach.  I get that, our Dev is pretty lackluster in the info department, but that doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing as long as there is progress being made.

I'm more than willing to just sit back and 'see what happens', but first, just a thing to consider.  Most successful projects at some point get some holders together to try and spread the word about the project, what's happening with DASH right now is the perfect case in point.  They have been hitting marketing real hard for a real long time.  So, if someone in the future wants to try and organize some kind of communal fund in VTR to fund the different things we all know this project needs, I'll be there to pitch in my staking reward at minimum to help out.

Good idea, can you imagine if we used to the staking reward to buy targeted ads on the major torrent sites. BOOM! Potentially, we could get millions checking VTR out very quickly.

I'd be willing to put forth my staking reward... though i doubt they'll amount to what others are staking.

I'll put forward mine too.

It should be done within the next 10 days in order to provide liquidity on the run up to the fork.

Suggestion - create a decent sized banner and advertise on a talk show like The Crypto Show; Mad Bitcoins; or sponsor an episode of letstalkbitcoin; or something around torrentfreak.

Interested to hear any other ideas.
I think the majority of the target market should be torrent based sites, crypto sites too, but after all VTR will be a torrent network.

Obviously Torrent freak would be our main target Smiley

I'm up for spit balling some ideas, anyone else have some suggestions?

Edit: i'm thinking when/if we go live, to market this.
legendary
So the general consensus among those on this forum at least is a wait and see approach.  I get that, our Dev is pretty lackluster in the info department, but that doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing as long as there is progress being made.

I'm more than willing to just sit back and 'see what happens', but first, just a thing to consider.  Most successful projects at some point get some holders together to try and spread the word about the project, what's happening with DASH right now is the perfect case in point.  They have been hitting marketing real hard for a real long time.  So, if someone in the future wants to try and organize some kind of communal fund in VTR to fund the different things we all know this project needs, I'll be there to pitch in my staking reward at minimum to help out.

Good idea, can you imagine if we used to the staking reward to buy targeted ads on the major torrent sites. BOOM! Potentially, we could get millions checking VTR out very quickly.

I'd be willing to put forth my staking reward... though i doubt they'll amount to what others are staking.

I'll put forward mine too.

It should be done within the next 10 days in order to provide liquidity on the run up to the fork.

Suggestion - create a decent sized banner and advertise on a talk show like The Crypto Show; Mad Bitcoins; or sponsor an episode of letstalkbitcoin; or something around torrentfreak.

Interested to hear any other ideas.
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
So the general consensus among those on this forum at least is a wait and see approach.  I get that, our Dev is pretty lackluster in the info department, but that doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing as long as there is progress being made.

I'm more than willing to just sit back and 'see what happens', but first, just a thing to consider.  Most successful projects at some point get some holders together to try and spread the word about the project, what's happening with DASH right now is the perfect case in point.  They have been hitting marketing real hard for a real long time.  So, if someone in the future wants to try and organize some kind of communal fund in VTR to fund the different things we all know this project needs, I'll be there to pitch in my staking reward at minimum to help out.

legendary
So the general consensus among those on this forum at least is a wait and see approach.  I get that, our Dev is pretty lackluster in the info department, but that doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing as long as there is progress being made.

I'm more than willing to just sit back and 'see what happens', but first, just a thing to consider.  Most successful projects at some point get some holders together to try and spread the word about the project, what's happening with DASH right now is the perfect case in point.  They have been hitting marketing real hard for a real long time.  So, if someone in the future wants to try and organize some kind of communal fund in VTR to fund the different things we all know this project needs, I'll be there to pitch in my staking reward at minimum to help out.

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

So the new attack vector against torrent sites posting illegal content is to just take away their domain names

https://torrentfreak.com/extratorrents-main-domain-name-shut-down-by-registrar-170302/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Wow. What happens when everything goes decentralized?

No censorship and Hollywood gets really butt hurt.

Decentralization is the future of torrents, the way it's going now, they will start locking you up for copyright infringement.

Which is going to be very difficult if everything is passed through a decentralized network thats encrypted from the bottom up. 

-pickle
Activity: 784
Merit: 272
So the new attack vector against torrent sites posting illegal content is to just take away their domain names

https://torrentfreak.com/extratorrents-main-domain-name-shut-down-by-registrar-170302/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Decentralization is the future of torrents, the way it's going now, they will start locking you up for copyright infringement.
When is fork due acctualy?

Around 16 or 17 March.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10

When is fork due acctualy?
legendary

Hasn't this already been happening in Germany and some other places? Or just fines maybe

I think your right, one or two Countries have locked up their citizens for copyright infringement already, if memory serves correct, I read something on torrent freak a while back, I can't be asked to go and look it up though.  Grin
legendary

If they cant beat you, they join you... Pandora, Spotify, etc would never have been allowed if CD sales remained at the level they were in the 90s. Napster changed that just like vtorrent is going to change things again.

-pickle

vTorrent the new Napster?  That depends on the dev.  Wink

If they cant beat you, they join you... Pandora, Spotify, etc would never have been allowed if CD sales remained at the level they were in the 90s. Napster changed that just like vtorrent is going to change things again.

-pickle
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Everything's a bubble, idiot

Hasn't this already been happening in Germany and some other places? Or just fines maybe
legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 272

Pages:
Jump to: