Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 78. (Read 436160 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Can we make it to $1m over the weekend?

The sell wall is looking thin upto 10K.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Can we make it to $1m over the weekend?

legendary
How can you know that there is going to be a hard fork. Is there an official announcement or sth?

Hard fork details are here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16470566

..Lol 10k vtr is like $500

Are we negotiating?

I'm taking all the risk, you'll be sitting on your sofa feeling fat and happy that those VTR's you bought for $5 just earned you a crate of beer and two extra large fully loaded pizzas  Wink
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
It just got more sad over here really. So are you trying to pump it based on the idea that "we will clone Joystream"

So we've had people complaining about waiting for over 2 years to see something tangible and now we have others complaining about an insurance policy for those that are concerned and those holding back until they see something before investing in this project. IMO I like the idea of having a plan B.

Price probably went up because of some people sitting around waiting to see something before buying a few vtr likely just saw the risks go down.

Let's just get this out of the way: Joystream, if it works at all and is open-sourced, is based on bitcoin micropayments. This will not fly under current circumstances. Unless the bitcoin block size is increased or side channels implemented, it will take too long and be far too expensive to transact. And I don't see bitcoin protocol changing anytime soon. It's far too valuable in its current iteration. It would be more promising if Joystream was an Ethereum Dapp with compatible token. This technology is ambitious and actually evolving.

Obviously, merging torrent functionality with crypto is proving difficult. I think we all need to be more patient and realistic about progress and expectations.
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
the risk is still very high here

The risk with every project is huge in this space; this has been discussed several times previously.

A good example is MU2 / Kimdotcom which I also invested in--now it's very unclear whether my holdings are worthless or not. I literally have a piece of paper in my printer showing my holdings in that project that may be worth money, and may not be.

If you don't want to play with risk then invest in normal stocks like Apple, Microsoft and Alphabet.

Better yet don't invest at all.
Better to not get your feet wet.
Better to not be the first person to walk through the door that doesn't exist yet.
Better to not be that guy 7 years ago who bought 2 pizzas for 10,000 BTC.

Wish I'd sold a pizza 7 years ago for $12,000,000

I can send you over a couple of pizza's, a crate of beer and a fudge cake if you want to send over 10k vtr. Deal?

Lol 10k vtr is like $500
Activity: 613
Merit: 501
How can you know that there is going to be a hard fork. Is there an official announcement or sth?
legendary
legendary

The risk with every project is huge in this space; this has been discussed several times previously.

A good example is MU2 / Kimdotcom which I also invested in--now it's very unclear whether my holdings are worthless or not. I literally have a piece of paper in my printer showing my holdings in that project that may be worth money, and may not be.

If you don't want to play with risk then invest in normal stocks like Apple, Microsoft and Alphabet.

Better to not be the first person to walk through the door that doesn't exist yet.

I can send you over a couple of pizza's, a crate of beer and a fudge cake if you want to send over 10k vtr. Deal?

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

Activity: 784
Merit: 272
Activity: 159
Merit: 10
Activity: 784
Merit: 272
It just got more sad over here really. So are you trying to pump it based on the idea that "we will clone Joystream"
How would you be different from 10 other devs who will do the same? Sounds like the future is bleak asf. Still hodling plenty tho.
I'll probably wait until the upcoming hard fork and then up to a week more for a meaningful statement from the dev. Will be out if not satisfied

It's not pumping anything. It sounds like an insurance policy to me.

So we've had people complaining about waiting for over 2 years to see something tangible and now we have others complaining about an insurance policy for those that are concerned and those holding back until they see something before investing in this project. IMO I like the idea of having a plan B.

Price probably went up because of some people sitting around waiting to see something before buying a few vtr likely just saw the risks go down.
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
How would you be different from 10 other devs who will do the same? Sounds like the future is bleak asf. Still hodling plenty tho.
I'll probably wait until the upcoming hard fork and then up to a week more for a meaningful statement from the dev. Will be out if not satisfied

It's only a suggestion from one of the community and there is no official post regarding it at all. The reason for the pump is likely because the dev has been online a lot this week as well because the idea behind VTR or JoyStream or MU2 still hasn't been solved.

Adding to the complexity is Kimdotcom's current legal status; he may end up being extradited to the US (this has become an issue in the past 48 hours)

Adding to the complexity is that PureVidz developers had an argument and the price went from 2000 satoshis down to 200; it also doesn't solve the same issue that VTR does and is really just a video streaming site.

As well there was a positive article about VTR in the press.
legendary
Activity: 1030
Looks like hard fork could be 17 March, 6am
17 March at 1201am
legendary
Looks like hard fork could be 17 March, 6am
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
Guest appearance from Dev - PAAAAAAAAAAAMP
Activity: 329
Yo dev, does this effect VTR:

(CRITICAL) Incorrect derivation for certain BIP39 keys

https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39/issues/58#issuecomment-281883489

I know you posted this just to get dev to respond lol.

Touché!

-pickle

Yeah!
Dev is always here if you need help with your wallet!
Be careful if your Dev are most worried about price/image than about technology...that means than your dev I more worried about price than the future development.
Yo dev, does this effect VTR:

(CRITICAL) Incorrect derivation for certain BIP39 keys

https://github.com/iancoleman/bip39/issues/58#issuecomment-281883489

I know you posted this just to get dev to respond lol.

Touché!

-pickle
Pages:
Jump to: