Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][WTS] Brand new line of Physical Coins! SERIES 1, SOLD OUT!!! - page 8. (Read 13650 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Got my coins yesterday, arrived pretty quick!

They're pretty neat, my (multiple) $15 well spent... Smiley

I'll PM you one suggestion.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
Accepting bitcoin and 11 other alts for payment!  More packages out for shipment.

Quick update.  All of the hyper couns are sold out.  Only 2 more DNotes for sale.  Only 6 more Coin2 for sale and 9 left of each of the others.  As far as the pacjs.  About 20 of them out the door and in the mail.

Thanks to all who have so far purchased some coins.

Wheelz1200
legendary
Quick update:

All of hte HYPER coins directly for sale are sold.  DNotes coins are down to 5 left.  And all coins serialized #16 are sold.  My packs have all of the coins with low serial numbers available as well as the only way to get Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoins.  Good luck to all and thanks for your support.

wheelz1200
legendary
Ive been getting the requests and I guess since im selling the physicals...

I am now accepting all 11 alts and bitcoin for payment for my coins.  Here are the conditions for all coins except bitcoin:

1) escrow will be unavailable (markets for alts swing too much for me not to have them in hand.  Escrow will still be available if using bitcoin for payment
2) I will use the current buy side of the market as exchange rate.
3) i can only hold my quote for one hour from my posted quote time.  This is just to eliminate people from using an old quote after the market drops for a certain currency.

So now there are many options to pay with.  Might regret this one but trying to provide a service that has been asked for.  Thanks all and good luck collecting!

Wheelz1200
legendary
First set of packages went out today.  Thanks and look forward to seeing what coins you get out of your packs.  Everyone have a good day and pm me if you are interested in buying some coins.

Wheelz1200
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
I'm off-topic here too TookDk, but I have never really had any luck searching the Blockchain for some of my coins or addresses using only the first bits. I don't think blockchain.info recognizes first bits for searches anymore and sites that claim to never work for me. Things could have changed recently though, I don't know.

I can almost guess that you are using blockchain.info
There are other good block explores, one of my favorite are: https://btc.blockr.io/

Try using blockr.io and type the first 8 digits from one your public addresses (8 digits gives a little chance of a double hit).
legendary
Trivial is not even the word.  I hand verified addresses with the engravings not once but twice.  My eyes felt like they were bleeding after that..lol I then separated all of coins into groups and only worked on one coin at a time all the way through packaging.  Once each coins address was verified I made one printout of the public and private key, matched it up to the coin with the correct engraving, cut off the public key and put the private key right in the recessed area and applied the hologram sticker.  Then it went right into a coin capsule for protection and then into the pack and sealed shut.  Did this again and again until they were all finished.  Very time and labor intensive.  I've said it before but I have a new found respect for people who make these coins.  I did it this way to ensure absolutely no errors would occur, as I've treated each coin individually and not as a bulk production.  With the price I'm asking verses all of the coin and packaging along with the hours upon hours of labor, I'm really not making a killing off of these.  Enough to get some lunch and make a new series of coins.  Its a hobby now that hopefully I can turn into a legitimate business, all the while wearing protective gloves, that made it just a little harder to work with than normal..

I like the coins with the addresses right on them as it adds a little more than just a 'token' to the piece.  Thanks for hte interest.

wheelz1200

I am satisfied with this explanation, thank you wheelz1200.
I have never created a physical coin, but I have made many sealed paper wallet, where the public key was glued on the outside, so I can definitely following you here, it is not as easy as it sounds - to keep track.

wheelz, just curious if your rl identity is known? Some other coin manufacturers have made clear their identities making the concept of preloaded keys more trustworthy (as there is someone that - at the least - can be held accountable.)

This is a good point. In any case all owners of physical cryptocoins must ask them self: do I trust the creator with my private keys? (no need to mention Coinographic...ups I did)
Nevertheless the risk is lower since the coin is empty on delivery.

Personally I would not load it, since it is not really the purpose, but you can load it if you want, and that is a nice feature.  

Yes Snarlpill will have my info once I send out his tomorrow.  Definitely have nothing to hide and I would suspect most of these will never be loaded with anything.  And if they are it will be a minute amount.  I would never advocate putting all of your eggs in one basket let alone a basket made by someone else.  Just for safety alone.  I personally have never loaded any of the coins I have, other than the preloaded cas and lealana coins I have.  I more a collector but if someone wants to use it for practical savings, then that is fine as well. 

wheelz1200
Activity: 910
Merit: 530
$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP
--snip
I do like how each coin has the full address engraved on it.
--snip

Agreed.
The full addy is needed, else would it not be possible to transfer funds to the coin.
Blockchain searches with only the first digits only work if the address has already appeared on the blockchain.

An interesting site note: Mike preloaded all his empty bearer bars with 0.001 BTC, so they public addy was searchable with only knowing the first digits.

I'm off-topic here too TookDk, but I have never really had any luck searching the Blockchain for some of my coins or addresses using only the first bits. I don't think blockchain.info recognizes first bits for searches anymore and sites that claim to never work for me. Things could have changed recently though, I don't know.
legendary
Trivial is not even the word.  I hand verified addresses with the engravings not once but twice.  My eyes felt like they were bleeding after that..lol I then separated all of coins into groups and only worked on one coin at a time all the way through packaging.  Once each coins address was verified I made one printout of the public and private key, matched it up to the coin with the correct engraving, cut off the public key and put the private key right in the recessed area and applied the hologram sticker.  Then it went right into a coin capsule for protection and then into the pack and sealed shut.  Did this again and again until they were all finished.  Very time and labor intensive.  I've said it before but I have a new found respect for people who make these coins.  I did it this way to ensure absolutely no errors would occur, as I've treated each coin individually and not as a bulk production.  With the price I'm asking verses all of the coin and packaging along with the hours upon hours of labor, I'm really not making a killing off of these.  Enough to get some lunch and make a new series of coins.  Its a hobby now that hopefully I can turn into a legitimate business, all the while wearing protective gloves, that made it just a little harder to work with than normal..

I like the coins with the addresses right on them as it adds a little more than just a 'token' to the piece.  Thanks for hte interest.

wheelz1200

I am satisfied with this explanation, thank you wheelz1200.
I have never created a physical coin, but I have made many sealed paper wallet, where the public key was glued on the outside, so I can definitely following you here, it is not as easy as it sounds - to keep track.

wheelz, just curious if your rl identity is known? Some other coin manufacturers have made clear their identities making the concept of preloaded keys more trustworthy (as there is someone that - at the least - can be held accountable.)

This is a good point. In any case all owners of physical cryptocoins must ask them self: do I trust the creator with my private keys? (no need to mention Coinographic...ups I did)
Nevertheless the risk is lower since the coin is empty on delivery.

Personally I would not load it, since it is not really the purpose, but you can load it if you want, and that is a nice feature.  

Trivial is not even the word.  I hand verified addresses with the engravings not once but twice.  My eyes felt like they were bleeding after that..lol I then separated all of coins into groups and only worked on one coin at a time all the way through packaging.  Once each coins address was verified I made one printout of the public and private key, matched it up to the coin with the correct engraving, cut off the public key and put the private key right in the recessed area and applied the hologram sticker.  Then it went right into a coin capsule for protection and then into the pack and sealed shut.  Did this again and again until they were all finished.  Very time and labor intensive.  I've said it before but I have a new found respect for people who make these coins.  I did it this way to ensure absolutely no errors would occur, as I've treated each coin individually and not as a bulk production.  With the price I'm asking verses all of the coin and packaging along with the hours upon hours of labor, I'm really not making a killing off of these.  Enough to get some lunch and make a new series of coins.  Its a hobby now that hopefully I can turn into a legitimate business, all the while wearing protective gloves, that made it just a little harder to work with than normal..

I like the coins with the addresses right on them as it adds a little more than just a 'token' to the piece.  Thanks for hte interest.

wheelz1200

I can definitely respect that, better to do things the right way and spend more time on them than have a mix-up or security breach occur.

If he sends my package from his real return address I will have his info. I would only ever give it out to someone if they had concrete evidence he mishandled or copied private keys and if he wouldn't respond to questions/complaints himself. But I honestly don't see that happening in this case.
legendary

I have done business with people on here, smoothie who might be the most reputable that have my info.  I would have no problem emailing you with that info if you would feel more comfortable, pm me your email address.  Would even give you my cell if you wanted to verify via a simple phone call as well.  I would expect you keep that info to yourself as I don't need every troll around lighting my phone up..lol

I have never had any disputes or bad words said against me here.

wheelz1200
legendary
Non Loaded, I am US based and preloading coins is not in my plans.  Since they are all the same design, there is no face value on the coin iteself, but rather a self funded coin of any denomination that you wish.  Thanks Took for looking

No problem Smiley

I understand the concept now, instead of just creating a novelty tokens, then is this coin a "functional" crypto coin.
Most of them would most likely never be funded, and that doesn't really matter, since the purpose is to collect one of each.

Does the paper slip inside have both the private key and the public key?
The reason I ask, is that I am slightly concerned about the actual assembling,  keeping track on what public key that should be engraved on which coin is not a trivial task, since there is no window in the hologram.

--snip
--snip

Agreed.
The full addy is needed, else would it not be possible to transfer funds to the coin.
Blockchain searches with only the first digits only work if the address has already appeared on the blockchain.

An interesting site note: Mike preloaded all his empty bearer bars with 0.001 BTC, so they public addy was searchable with only knowing the first digits.

Trivial is not even the word.  I hand verified addresses with the engravings not once but twice.  My eyes felt like they were bleeding after that..lol I then separated all of coins into groups and only worked on one coin at a time all the way through packaging.  Once each coins address was verified I made one printout of the public and private key, matched it up to the coin with the correct engraving, cut off the public key and put the private key right in the recessed area and applied the hologram sticker.  Then it went right into a coin capsule for protection and then into the pack and sealed shut.  Did this again and again until they were all finished.  Very time and labor intensive.  I've said it before but I have a new found respect for people who make these coins.  I did it this way to ensure absolutely no errors would occur, as I've treated each coin individually and not as a bulk production.  With the price I'm asking verses all of the coin and packaging along with the hours upon hours of labor, I'm really not making a killing off of these.  Enough to get some lunch and make a new series of coins.  Its a hobby now that hopefully I can turn into a legitimate business, all the while wearing protective gloves, that made it just a little harder to work with than normal..

I like the coins with the addresses right on them as it adds a little more than just a 'token' to the piece.  Thanks for hte interest.

wheelz1200
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

legendary
Non Loaded, I am US based and preloading coins is not in my plans.  Since they are all the same design, there is no face value on the coin iteself, but rather a self funded coin of any denomination that you wish.  Thanks Took for looking

No problem Smiley

I understand the concept now, instead of just creating a novelty tokens, then is this coin a "functional" crypto coin.
Most of them would most likely never be funded, and that doesn't really matter, since the purpose is to collect one of each.

Does the paper slip inside have both the private key and the public key?
The reason I ask, is that I am slightly concerned about the actual assembling,  keeping track on what public key that should be engraved on which coin is not a trivial task, since there is no window in the hologram.

--snip
--snip

Agreed.

legendary
I think the concept is interesting.  Only problem is that its a big gamble hoping for a bitcoin and spending $15 per pop, and having roughly a 1 in 21 chance of getting a bitcoin variety.  I for one, would prefer that some be made at auction for those wanting a specific coin.

I would hate to have to buy a bunch of packs just to get the one bitcoin I really care for.  

Maybe I'll buy a few packs and resell the other coins not needed to others?  

I second this. The design is good, so I think for $15 each, you would have had no trouble selling if they were all bitcoin and not have to gamble $300 for good odds at getting a bitcoin one. (still with no guarantee)

Your coins are 90% alts and 10% bitcoin, but your market is 90% bitcoin and 10% alts. (just a guess)

I don't recognize most of them but I stopped even caring about alts after getting burned on some.

I understand your thinking about the markt being flooded, but good designs will always have appeal if priced right.

I'll second your second.   Cheesy

While the market has many physical bitcoins, as a collector, I'll still buy whatever coins are made for it.  However I don't have much interest in some of the obscure alts.  I really hate gambling away money to getting some alts I don't care for.

I could start a trade thread, but I fear most will want the bitcoins/litecoins and sell off the lesser known alts.

Yeah I understand your point and wrestled with that fact prior to even start designing these coins.  For me, Like I said dont always support some of these coins, but its still a piece of history and wanted to have a coin from many of the other alts (not from multiple vendors), just something to add to the collection.  Bitcoin producers will obviously have the most draw and sales.  I wanted to offer something to compliment people's collections.  Trying to create a new path instead of walking down the beaten trail.  Thanks guys, I appreciate everyone's input good , bad or indifferent as it will ultimately help me down the road.
I thought the idea sounded cool and for $15 I rolled the dice and bought a pack last night before even seeing pictures! I thought about just buying a single Darkcoin, or Clamcoin (to send my Just-Dice winnings to), but decided to go for a random pack in hopes of getting a BTC, LTC, or DOGE. As mentioned, we can always trade/sell other coins as needed. I do like how each coin has the full address engraved on it.

And I will try to snap some nice pictures for you after receiving it!

EDIT: Is there really an altcoin named "Coin2"? I'm not sure where they are going with that marketing strategy  Cheesy
legendary
For $15 I assume that no funds are loaded into the coins, right?
Is there an intended face value for the different type of coins?
Or is the idea just that the buyer loads whatever value into the coin as he feels like?

Non Loaded, I am US based and preloading coins is not in my plans.  Since they are all the same design, there is no face value on the coin iteself, but rather a self funded coin of any denomination that you wish.  Thanks Took for looking
legendary
For $15 I assume that no funds are loaded into the coins, right?
Is there an intended face value for the different type of coins?
Or is the idea just that the buyer loads whatever value into the coin as he feels like?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here
I think the concept is interesting.  Only problem is that its a big gamble hoping for a bitcoin and spending $15 per pop, and having roughly a 1 in 21 chance of getting a bitcoin variety.  I for one, would prefer that some be made at auction for those wanting a specific coin.

I would hate to have to buy a bunch of packs just to get the one bitcoin I really care for.  

I second this. The design is good, so I think for $15 each, you would have had no trouble selling if they were all bitcoin and not have to gamble $300 for good odds at getting a bitcoin one. (still with no guarantee)

Your coins are 90% alts and 10% bitcoin, but your market is 90% bitcoin and 10% alts. (just a guess)

I don't recognize most of them but I stopped even caring about alts after getting burned on some.

I understand your thinking about the markt being flooded, but good designs will always have appeal if priced right.

I'll second your second.   Cheesy

While the market has many physical bitcoins, as a collector, I'll still buy whatever coins are made for it.  However I don't have much interest in some of the obscure alts.  I really hate gambling away money to getting some alts I don't care for.

I could start a trade thread, but I fear most will want the bitcoins/litecoins and sell off the lesser known alts.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I think the concept is interesting.  Only problem is that its a big gamble hoping for a bitcoin and spending $15 per pop, and having roughly a 1 in 21 chance of getting a bitcoin variety.  I for one, would prefer that some be made at auction for those wanting a specific coin.

Pages:
Jump to: