Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][X11][PoS only] NinjaCoin - Ninja Launch - Hard fork 1.2.2 - page 3. (Read 69023 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035
any solution yet for my 650k 550k now on Bittrex?
 i tried transferring in small chunks but they never arrived

If Bittrex do nothing - you can try transfering small amounts like till now and probably you will lost everything. If they change fork - your coins will be still there - ofcourse if that are good coins - that you buy/mine before this crush.

For that now we try to find some proposition for Bittrex. Now you understand that Bittrex is holding your money? and everything is dependent what they say.. for me not fair.. But we can just negotiate and have hope that Bittrex will accept proposition.

Cross your fingers my friend Smiley
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
any solution yet for my 650k 550k now on Bittrex?
 i tried transferring in small chunks but they never arrived
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
Activity: 383
I was going to say, please don't give all the premine away if this going to work and go on to the future with new tech developments and such the premine can make that happen a heck of a lot easier... good help in crypto land costs money so if he ever needs to pay someone to help him perfect something he can. and honestly I don't want our dev working for free, it's good to know your dev is holding 40k or so Cheesy good motivation for him to do his best and make the coin worth as much as he can... lol who works better when their working for free?

I like the idea of getting an old wallet (locking it so it doesn't stake Wink ) getting bittrex to send all the NJA on their site to that wallet then put wallet.dat into new wallet and calculate what percent worth of the bad fork nja it comes to then add say 100k of the premine to that and send it back to bittrex after they've up loaded the new wallet where they can distribute them back to the owners at how ever much of a percent they owned of the NJA coins the are on bittrex right now.

and I could still see a bunch of people feeling "butt hurt" by it.

I think having Bittrex send the coins to the compensation fork (secret address so nobody else can send to it), then sending the good coins back to Bittrex along with a chunk of the premine (also agree that holding some premine is a good idea) and have Bittrex distribute the coins back to their users is the best approach.  The problem is that I doubt Bittrex would cooperate.  Personally, I believe that Bittrex has a vendetta against this coin...a lot of people are pissed at them for losing money and they want to do anything they can to kill the coin.

By allowing individual bagholders to choose to convert their bad coins to good, you will at least get some people who have written off the coin as a total loss back into the community, which can help us build the coin back up.  This would be a positive thing even if Bittrex continues to refuse to delist the coin or move to the good fork.  The more good fork bagholders there are, the more incentive people will have to pressure other exchanges to to take the coin.  If it gets some momentum on other exchanges, it would be stupid at that point for Bittrex to not get on the good fork and get in on some of the action.

It is true that this approach would not be able to filter where the coins are coming from.  People holding bad coins in their old wallets would also be able to submit to the compensation fork and get some ninja in return.  I don't see a way around that, but I don't think there is a perfect solution here.  One thing that would definitely need to be implemented in the compensation fork would be to determine approximately what block the original fork was on when the hard fork was put in place, and invalidate any POS coins created after that block.  That would eliminate abuse by people opening their old wallets and generating millions of coins before submitting to the compensation wallet.

I think a good first step would be to contact Bittrex with a proposal for having them send dev all of their coins, dev filters out the bad coins and sends them back along with a sizable chunk of his premine, and Bittrex redistributes them to their users.  One thing that Bittrex and their bagholders should understand is that most of these bad coins were purchased well under what the market value of the good coins should be...millions at 1 satoshi.  If their users only get a small portion of what they bought back and hold, the value could potentially increase enough that they still break even or even profit from their purchase of the bad coins.  If Bittrex has lost faith in the coin and doesn't want to relist the good fork after that, fine, there are other exchanges.  But let's present this to them as a good faith effort by the dev to compensate their users the best way we can.  The coins sitting in their wallets right now are absolutely worthless, and we would be offering to turn them into something that's not.  They don't want to be sitting on those wallets forever either, they will have to delist eventually.  Nobody is trading them.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
https://twitter.com/brajon/lists/crypto-list
I'm supporting this if its gonna to work. lets move from dead point, I also have stucked non forked ninja's that i invest money before fork
legendary
Activity: 1190
Kaspa
I was going to say, please don't give all the premine away if this going to work and go on to the future with new tech developments and such the premine can make that happen a heck of a lot easier... good help in crypto land costs money so if he ever needs to pay someone to help him perfect something he can. and honestly I don't want our dev working for free, it's good to know your dev is holding 40k or so Cheesy good motivation for him to do his best and make the coin worth as much as he can... lol who works better when their working for free?

I like the idea of getting an old wallet (locking it so it doesn't stake Wink ) getting bittrex to send all the NJA on their site to that wallet then put wallet.dat into new wallet and calculate what percent worth of the bad fork nja it comes to then add say 100k of the premine to that and send it back to bittrex after they've up loaded the new wallet where they can distribute them back to the owners at how ever much of a percent they owned of the NJA coins the are on bittrex right now.

and I could still see a bunch of people feeling "butt hurt" by it.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Activity: 79
3341000 nja on bittrex for sell, pm me your offer
legendary
this is what u get for adding coins straight away and being greedy.Its bittrex's problem no one else.

Problem is, because if bittrex change fork, that will destroy all bad coins and people will want money from bittrex - and for that they don't want do that. I understand them. That's impossible to give back money to all people who buy and own bad coins on bittrex.
We should to forget about bittrex and look for another exchange.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
this is what u get for adding coins straight away and being greedy.Its bittrex's problem no one else.
Activity: 383
I have an idea for resolving the Bittrex situation and resurrecting the coin.

Bittrex wants the dev to come up with a way to compensate people who paid BTC for NJA on their site.  Fully compensating all of them is of course not possible.  But you could fairly distribute partial compensation in this way.

Step 1 - Go back to the last version of the wallet before the hard fork that fixed POS was implemented.  Make a separate hard fork from here.  I will call this the "compensation fork."  On this fork, the billions of NJA generated by POS are considered valid coins, but POS is now disabled, or set to a ridiculously long stake time, to ensure that no new bad coins are created.  Get Bittrex to upgrade to this wallet after reviewing the plan.  The compensation fork wallet should be called something different like "ninjacomp-qt" so that it can run side by side with the current good wallet.  Also, use the original logo as the icon so users can easily differentiate.

Step 2 - Post an announcement explaining the following plan, and set a deadline for compliance.  2 weeks, 4 weeks, whatever.  Bittrex will make an announcement at the same time that they are delisting NJA at the deadline, and all coins will need to be removed before the deadline.  This should not be a problem because exchanges and pools get rid of coins all the time and coins not withdrawn are lost.  The Bittrex announcement will point people to the Ninja announcement explaining the compensation process.

Step 3 - Instruct Bittrex holders to download the compensation wallet and withdraw all of their coins to it.  Dev will post an address from the compensation fork wallet that everyone should send their coins to.  When sending their coins to the compensation wallet, they should sign the transaction with an address from the good wallet that their compensation can be sent to.  To show the community that the dev is really trying to make amends, he will also deposit the entire remainder of his premine into the compensation wallet.

Step 4 - Once the deadline is reached, Bittrex delists NJA, and any remaining coins are gone forever.  The dev will calculate what percentage of total coins in the compensation wallet (good and bad), minus the dev's premine, were deposited by each address.  Once this calculation is performed and recorded, the wallet.dat file from the compensation wallet is moved into the good wallet.

Step 5 - The good wallet with the wallet.dat file is opened, and the bad coins become invalid.  Each person who deposited coins into the compensation wallet get whatever percentage of coins they deposited sent to them from the good wallet.  So if someone deposited 1,000,000 coins into the compensation wallet, and that was 10%, and there are now 100,000 good coins, that person will receive 10,000 coins, or 10%.

This unique approach to compensation could generate interest in the community, with the main idea behind it being that the dev is working to get the value of the coins up and back on exchanges so that even though they have fewer coins, they will eventually be able to sell to get back what they spent on them, or even turn a profit.

The next phase would involve the dev working to add features to the coin to increase interest, while the community that has been compensated works to show the exchanges that there is a renewed interest in the coin via Twitter and other outlets.  I'm not a big fan of anon, but it seems like a perfect fit for a ninja coin, so I think that the first feature to be implemented would be to add a "stealth" option, where people can check a box in the wallet to enable "stealth mode" and conduct their transaction anonymously.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 553
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
I agree with fonzerrellie on this. +1
legendary
Activity: 1190
Kaspa
I have PM again Bittrex because they say me that they can't unroll what has been done. I suppose we all understand this and what we want is more what coinader has done for us, a "clear database".

This would mean that people who have buy some bad NJA after block 14000 on Bittrex have buy wind for real BTC. That's sad, i agree but it will be more sad if we stay in this state since these bad NJA are still wind in the actual state on Bittrex.

The solution would be to do this "clear database", switch on the good fork and continue as normal. The bad NJA would not show up in the new wallet because they are wrong, they should not exist. Some people would lost some amount of NJA they buy on Bittrex after block 14000 but keep the good NJA they have buy or mined before block 14000. Add to this some more NJA from staking since all this time.

Hey, would this not be a good news ? People still have some NJA they can trade instead of keeping these bad/dead NJA on Bittrex ?

Then keep voting on the new poll on top of this page and let's show it to Bittrex that we want it this way. No rewind or transaction rollback, just a clean database on the new fork for a 2nd (and good) start.

No, it's not possible.  People paid money for coins that will vanish.  Bittrex can't do that.  Right now, everyone has exactly what they paid for even though what they paid for is worthless.  If you really want to save this coin, you could try renaming it and relaunching it with a 50% premine, which would be the current NJA coins.  That sometimes works.

Bittrex will probably have reservations about adding it.  You would need a considerable following to get onto Poloniex, but if the relaunch is a huge success, it could happen.

I have to disagree with ya on this one... People need to take personal responsibility for the choices they make and obviously most of those coins where bought by people who didn't even bother to check the ann before they bought the chunks of 30 mill coins etc or wher buying small amounts while the price was crashing and didn't look to see why the price was crashing... we all take personal responsibility in cryptoland when we're mining a new coin same should go for buying them. we all know the risks lol heck most people consider cryptoland the new "wildwest" If people don't know not to blindly buy coins from bittrex then this should be their learning experience (we've all had a few) Bittrex is a site known for adding coins the day of the launch which means this kind of thing could happen to any of them that haven't reached pure pos stage yet.

Bittrex should ban the IP address's of all the users who put huge amounts of NJA on their exchange that night/morning until they reimburse the btc that they scammed from people by knowingly putting their bad NJA's on the site. I don't know for sure but I don't think anyone legitly had multiple millions of NJA from mining or the couple days of good trading we had

legendary
Activity: 896
I have PM again Bittrex because they say me that they can't unroll what has been done. I suppose we all understand this and what we want is more what coinader has done for us, a "clear database".

This would mean that people who have buy some bad NJA after block 14000 on Bittrex have buy wind for real BTC. That's sad, i agree but it will be more sad if we stay in this state since these bad NJA are still wind in the actual state on Bittrex.

The solution would be to do this "clear database", switch on the good fork and continue as normal. The bad NJA would not show up in the new wallet because they are wrong, they should not exist. Some people would lost some amount of NJA they buy on Bittrex after block 14000 but keep the good NJA they have buy or mined before block 14000. Add to this some more NJA from staking since all this time.

Hey, would this not be a good news ? People still have some NJA they can trade instead of keeping these bad/dead NJA on Bittrex ?

Then keep voting on the new poll on top of this page and let's show it to Bittrex that we want it this way. No rewind or transaction rollback, just a clean database on the new fork for a 2nd (and good) start.

No, it's not possible.  People paid money for coins that will vanish.  Bittrex can't do that.  Right now, everyone has exactly what they paid for even though what they paid for is worthless.  If you really want to save this coin, you could try renaming it and relaunching it with a 50% premine, which would be the current NJA coins.  That sometimes works.

Bittrex will probably have reservations about adding it.  You would need a considerable following to get onto Poloniex, but if the relaunch is a huge success, it could happen.
legendary
New wallet will be soon. I have this same problem with windows wallet. That's weird becouse for many people is working perfect for some makes problems.. That's difficult to find reason why. Hopefully next wallet will works fine - I made some transfers last night and still cant check if coins are in wallet :/ But I hope that tomorrow i will see my coins in wallet Smiley Keep Calm and keep ninja!! This coin will fire up soon!!!
Activity: 70
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Does anybody have a link to the old wallet?
Every versions: http://92.222.28.197/release/

But take care, you may lost a lot of coins if you use old wallet. You will lost nothing if Bittrex switch to the good fork.

Someone has try to hack my server and the daemon was down a couple of hours ago. Some of you may have some problem to sync during this time. It's up again and i have make it harder for the stupid hacker that think he can kill the coin if he kill 1 node.

Thanks!
Activity: 294
Does anybody have a link to the old wallet?
Every versions: http://92.222.28.197/release/

But take care, you may lost a lot of coins if you use old wallet. You will lost nothing if Bittrex switch to the good fork.

Someone has try to hack my server and the daemon was down a couple of hours ago. Some of you may have some problem to sync during this time. It's up again and i have make it harder for the stupid hacker that think he can kill the coin if he kill 1 node.

M just writing in bittrex trollbox for them to release hostage of my good nja s - i got bloody 36k there- please all send bittrex msg - tweet- email to find a solution
Pages:
Jump to: