Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][X11/X13] X11 (Darkcoin)/X13 (Marucoin) miner (based on sph-sgminer) - page 2. (Read 351509 times)

Activity: 457
Merit: 273
Hi there

2 x r9 280x on win 8.1 14.4 catalyst and sgminer 4.1 - everything working smooth and nice - 3.3Mh
but ver 5.0.1 do not start, is crushing instantly?!downloaded from http://cryptomining-blog.com/3921-new-windows-binary-of-sgminer-5-0-1-master-branch/
but when tested on other pc with win 7 same drivers, works fine?! any clue, pls?

Another noob question, original realese from https://github.com/sgminer-dev/sgminer/releases
dont contain .exe file - what I missing here? Could someone point me to working version ( i mean complete with .exe) 5.1 please - many thanks

Take a look here for sgminer downloads: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-sgminer-v5-optimized-x11x13neoscryptlyra2reetc-kernel-switch-miner-632503
Activity: 368
Merit: 250
Hi there

2 x r9 280x on win 8.1 14.4 catalyst and sgminer 4.1 - everything working smooth and nice - 3.3Mh
but ver 5.0.1 do not start, is crushing instantly?!downloaded from http://cryptomining-blog.com/3921-new-windows-binary-of-sgminer-5-0-1-master-branch/
but when tested on other pc with win 7 same drivers, works fine?! any clue, pls?

Another noob question, original realese from https://github.com/sgminer-dev/sgminer/releases
dont contain .exe file - what I missing here? Could someone point me to working version ( i mean complete with .exe) 5.1 please - many thanks

No one want to contribute... come on guys... btw I still beleive in humanity:)
Activity: 368
Hi there

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
sgminer does not need rewrite. there still is much work with kernels
thanks for your opinion, great leader of the revolution  Grin
(may-be once you will be done fiddling with x11 and code a new algo, you'll change your opinion)
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
sgminer does not need rewrite. there still is much work with kernels
Activity: 462
www.dashpay.io
So no speed improvements for the end user, just making life easier and cleaner for the devs.
making life easier for devs, means also improvement on speed because it is easier to implement.
My preferred example: xcn, nobody released anything (except claymore with a fee) because just thinking on how to do it in sgminer gives you nightmare.  

You think there's a crowd funding opportunity here to completely re-write the mining software?

With "no speed improvements for the end user"Huh  I doubt it.
may be we should just release opencl file and ask the end user to make it to run...  Grin

How many man days are we talking here to re-write it from the ground up?
quite a lot, difficult to say would require a real planing and a real design thought from the beginning to incorporate various any type of algo (as well as API support and so on and the eventual dev fee everybody ask so they can remove it  Grin)

and actually it is the problem usually you are in a hurry to program a new algo and you won't take the time to rewrite things...

What would you write it in?  C++, Python?
legendary
So no speed improvements for the end user, just making life easier and cleaner for the devs.
making life easier for devs, means also improvement on speed because it is easier to implement.
My preferred example: xcn, nobody released anything (except claymore with a fee) because just thinking on how to do it in sgminer gives you nightmare.  

You think there's a crowd funding opportunity here to completely re-write the mining software?

With "no speed improvements for the end user"Huh  I doubt it.
may be we should just release opencl file and ask the end user to make it to run...  Grin

quite a lot, difficult to say would require a real planing and a real design thought from the beginning to incorporate various any type of algo (as well as API support and so on and the eventual dev fee everybody ask so they can remove it  Grin)

and actually it is the problem usually you are in a hurry to program a new algo and you won't take the time to rewrite things...

www.dashpay.io

With "no speed improvements for the end user"Huh  I doubt it.
may be we should just release opencl file and ask the end user to make it to run...  Grin

legendary

may be we should just release opencl file and ask the end user to make it to run...  Grin
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...

www.dashpay.io

legendary
www.dashpay.io
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Maybe, but other opencl applications I've seen use half to a full core for every GPU, while cgminer can run six with the slowest single core cpu.
The problem is all the patches and forks it had.
legendary
as french, I like revolutions so whose head shall we cut ? Grin

x11 is like a banana republic, there is a revolution every now and then.
Really want to revolutionize things ? rewrite from scratch sgminer.

an advice: stop mistaking revolution and pissing contest...

God, SGMiner DOES need rewriting...

What will be the advantages to re-writing SGMiner?

You've obviously never seen the code. One thing that holds back development is that no one wants to touch it. CGMiner was bad enough, and that is horrid - now we have more misfit pieces of code grafted onto it. It works, but that's about the only good thing you can say about that code.

Everybody use it because, as far as I know, it's the best at handling OpenCL (so AMD cards) ;-)

No, everybody uses it because there's no reasonable alternative. It's not the best at OpenCL, it's the ONLY one - otherwise you must write it from scratch.
actually coin shield miner is better, but doesn't support standard protocol... (and use a bit too much cpu...)
But at least you have some freedom to add (or remove) variables for your kernel.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

You've obviously never seen the code. One thing that holds back development is that no one wants to touch it. CGMiner was bad enough, and that is horrid - now we have more misfit pieces of code grafted onto it. It works, but that's about the only good thing you can say about that code.

Everybody use it because, as far as I know, it's the best at handling OpenCL (so AMD cards) ;-)
legendary

right now it is a big patchwork... anything you add, add a new layer of crap...
that's the big difference with ccminer (even though it also start to look a bit like that...), each algo are independent, here stuff get reused, and if you need deeper modification your are screwed... (unless you don't care about backward compatibility...)

mostly the reason why there is no sgminer for xcn...
www.dashpay.io

legendary

www.dashpay.io
I am not agree!
My result is higher than yours at 1100 core on 280x! Smiley
you can't reach 4.9M

Clocked down to 1100/1600, my 280X still hits 4.975MH/s. So yes, a little slow.

Same kernels, same results perhaps? Smiley
Actually soon there will be revolution I guess...

One way or another, it's my code Tongue

Only  suspicions... Smiley
To be honest I have the same ones! Smiley
But to be honest again  I am working on it already and as I said soon there will be a revolution!

A revolution?
Pages:
Jump to: