Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XC] >> Mandatory Update to new Wallet - The first POS X11 anonymous wallet - page 76. (Read 268504 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
what price expected to reach xc?
Not sure, but A friend of mine traded me a Toshiba satellite L775D-S7340 Laptop for 5 XC. Amazon has them lasted around $600.

your friend is a fucking idiot
NO, I consider him a really good friend.

well then you are a shitty person for ripping him off like that...ten dollars worth of coins for a 600 dollar laptop?

Glad you're not MY friend lmao...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Without even factoring in anonymity and other features, XC is guaranteed to push above Blackcoin.  The 1% stake of Blackcoin isn't high enough incentive to keep network secure.  The 3.3% XC interest combined with fees for running a supernode allow you to have a pretty nice virtual checking account.

For anyone wondering just how proof of stake works, here is my explanation below:

Since almost everyone I see doesn't understand the economic implications of stake reward, let me explain it for you:

Looking at proof of stake in a vacuum, the stake reward creates decentralized inflation, meaning if everyone stakes, you stay at equilibrium.  What PoS is in a nutshell, is a tax on people who don't stake to support the network.  Everyone who does stake is unaffected, anyone that doesn't stake is punished.  It's not a comparable process to Bernanke throwing money out of a helicopter or anything like that.

Now that the implications of proof of stake in a vacuum are defined, you have to examine it's effects when placed in the real world.  Some people argue for a large stake reward, but if the coin is to actually be used as a currency, it's extremely inconvenient for vendors to have to deal with a monetary supply that has enormous percent changes each year.  If you used a number like 10%, well, the vendor now has to alter his prices by a large amount on a constant basis.  

When you consider the percent of coins destroyed through transaction fees (probably around 1%), and the amount of coins that people will lose per year through accident or death (conservative 1% low ball figure), a stake reward of 2-5% can mostly be ignored by vendors without having to alter prices on a constant basis due to the money supply.  This coin in particular chose a "magic number" right in the middle of what I consider the safe zone, where 2% is a little low, and 5% is a little high.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I forgot where I put my wallet.dat
Is there a guide of any sort on how to set up solo mining using multiple GPU rigs? Huh Huh Huh

PoW stage is over. Mining can be done through the multipools which can be found on the OP
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Is there a guide of any sort on how to set up solo mining using multiple GPU rigs? Huh Huh Huh
So just to confirm, at this point the anonymity is accomplished through centralized nodes? How does the dev plan to make them decentralized, and how long will it take?

yeah man this is a better way to phrase my question but i dont want to seem like a troll so i phrased it differently but really ^ this is what I want to know

Also, any wallet will be able to act as an xnode. Though I am not sure about android as of yet. Hence "decentralized"
Activity: 840
So just to confirm, at this point the anonymity is accomplished through centralized nodes? How does the dev plan to make them decentralized, and how long will it take?

yeah man this is a better way to phrase my question but i dont want to seem like a troll so i phrased it differently but really ^ this is what I want to know

look at my reply above.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Long Term Investor with Short Term Memory Loss
what price expected to reach xc?
Not sure, but A friend of mine traded me a Toshiba satellite L775D-S7340 Laptop for 5 XC. Amazon has them lasted around $600.

your friend is a fucking idiot
NO, I consider him a really good friend.
is there a windows wallet i can download to try it out?

Hey mate, current windows build from OP has anon feature built in and working. It has to be done through the console however as the GUI feature was not added yet.

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

xnodes which will provide a decentralized network will be out in a couple weeks or less, ETA
is there a windows wallet i can download to try it out?
legendary
Activity: 1386
When the dev realese the Fully decentralized platform than there will be panic buys like never before in cryptohistory.  Grin
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Activity: 336
Merit: 254
CoinMine.pw
@ parker928, this coin will be soon 100% anonymous, nobody can trace back this coin.

that's what I keep hearing i am interested. how exactrly are you going doing this though. i mean come on you can't advertise 100% anonymous and expect people not to ask how. can someone answer me now?
Its same idea as in DarkCoin or any existed now Bitcoin services like https://bitmixer.io/. Exist several build in mixing nodes inside coin network and if you want to make anonymous transfer - your transfer will be split to several parts and pass to this mixer address. From this node your transfer will be paid to the destination split to random values.
hi all, love all the activity, what an exciting coin.  If you like Jerky and believe in supporting crypto only merchants, then stop by http://bit.ly/XCJERKY  and get a bag of jerky with XC, today. YAY. btw, I will be accepting XC at a $2 value!!!

For anyone who purchases jerky from this store, they will be entered into a contest where they can win a pack of jerky. When You do send me a PM with your ID number.
Activity: 350
hi all, love all the activity, what an exciting coin.  If you like Jerky and believe in supporting crypto only merchants, then stop by http://bit.ly/XCJERKY  and get a bag of jerky with XC, today. YAY. btw, I will be accepting XC at a $2 value!!!

Read the thread and find out yourself

its 225 pages long man can someone please just answer the question?

does this coin have BOTH ring signatures AND masternodes?

Hi parker,

First of, your concerns are more then understandable, it's crypto. I believe that our community is growing fast and is respectable. The developer has put a lot of hours of work into this coin and everything he has promised so far has become true. His resume is also vast and he has a lot experience. I myself am a pretty known member of the community with quite a few trades in the past.

Currently work is being done on making a decentralized anonymous platform, something that has never been done before.

Thank you for actually taking a bit of time to help me understand what is going on here, apparently I am a troll so even when I ask reasonable questions noone will answer me.

I was wondering how this coin implements 100% anonymity? great to hear about the exchange btw. So is it ring signatures, or masternodes, or something else? btw i have 400 and i just bought a few more but i am not sure if this is a tulip bubble type situation whjich will leave me holding a bag...thanks for taking the time to answer some of my questions. btw i am not a troll. i am definitely pissed i did not buy more, but now i am trying to understand if it would still be a good choice to get in more or not.

You can be assured that I won't be dumping any coins unless I have to buy something in IRL. My address is public and I post whenever I spend my coins, XMWQ5pwY2hPvsjNCY7GfSfvHMyQzac2DQq and here:https://twitter.com/DrasticRaven/status/471420422718627840 . To my knowledge, it will use tor and nodes system that will be extremely simple to set-up by anyone.

Hi parker,

First of, your concerns are more then understandable, it's crypto. I believe that our community is growing fast and is respectable. The developer has put a lot of hours of work into this coin and everything he has promised so far has become true. His resume is also vast and he has a lot experience. I myself am a pretty known member of the community with quite a few trades in the past.

Currently work is being done on making a decentralized anonymous platform, something that has never been done before.

Thank you for actually taking a bit of time to help me understand what is going on here, apparently I am a troll so even when I ask reasonable questions noone will answer me.

I was wondering how this coin implements 100% anonymity? great to hear about the exchange btw. So is it ring signatures, or masternodes, or something else? btw i have 400 and i just bought a few more but i am not sure if this is a tulip bubble type situation whjich will leave me holding a bag...thanks for taking the time to answer some of my questions. btw i am not a troll. i am definitely pissed i did not buy more, but now i am trying to understand if it would still be a good choice to get in more or not.

Hi parker,

Will the code be open-sourced when v1 complete?

At this current moment in time no, but in the future it will be.
Pages:
Jump to: