Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 121. (Read 578501 times)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
@bitfreak!

Plz contact bter, they have made a bad translation to XCN, plz CORRECT the mistake they made.
Bter published the article,
https://bter.com/article/2287

"对于在氪石币发布一周期间,挖了现有供应量 20% 的币的矿工,人们也纷纷揣测。"
It said XCN mined 20% of the total supply in the first week!

Through http://minichain.info , we can see there are only 4.8 million coins now. How could it be 20%? I think we need an apology from bter, at the same time , you can see bter even dont know the basical features of the coins they have added.

Bter was trying to translate the sentence from coinsource:

"Cryptonite underwent massive speculation towards the miner who mined “20% of the total supply” during the week of launch. "

The translation is correct.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
@bitfreak!

Plz contact bter, they have made a bad translation to XCN, plz CORRECT the mistake they made.
Bter published the article,
https://bter.com/article/2287

"对于在氪石币发布一周期间,挖了现有供应量 20% 的币的矿工,人们也纷纷揣测。"
It said XCN mined 20% of the total supply in the first week!

Through http://minichain.info , we can see there are only 4.8 million coins now. How could it be 20%? I think we need an apology from bter, at the same time , you can see bter even dont know the basical features of the coins they have added.
I doubt this will happen. Right now, difficulty is low and for those with gpu miners XCN is way more profitable than x11/x13/x666

Difficulty is rising fast and it will catch up with the recent massive increase in network hash soon.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
I doubt this will happen. Right now, difficulty is low and for those with gpu miners XCN is way more profitable than x11/x13/x666
Activity: 215
Merit: 102
Calling all miners to retreat to 0.00023BTC!

for a little extra profit =)
Calling all miners to retreat to 0.000023BTC

Going further down will only strangle ourselves. Let's unite together and retreat to a safer level.

Activity: 673
Merit: 500
Done.

catia's git: https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/xcn750ticatia.png vs. my new one: https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/xcn750tiwolf.png

Same hardware - EVGA 750Ti at stock clocks with no factory OC that I know of; was a nice workout.

What the fuck man.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
depends on the mini-blockchain tech.the price of XCN is low.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
So here are the instructions to build the miner on an EC2 GPU instance (assumes you have installed cuda toolkit):

Code:
sudo apt-get install -y build-essential automake m4 libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libgmp-dev git
cd
git clone https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/CudaMiner
cd CudaMiner
sed -i 's/compute_35/compute_30/' Makefile.am
chmod +x autogen.sh
./autogen.sh
./configure CFLAGS="-O3"
make -j 8

# RUN USING:
# ./minerd -o stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333 -u XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -p x -t 1

What hash rate are you getting?

2200kh/s GPU and 350kh/s CPU. (nsfw as usual)

https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/xcnec2.png

2200kh/s on GPU? Is this with the public cudaminer code? What OS/AMI / CUDA version did you use?

BTW, nice wallpaper! Grin

Yes. Nope. Ubuntu 12.04, 5.5. Also, topped it!

https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/xcnaws.png
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
some weakhands sell their coin for a such low price..lol
actually the price is not that low considering a total supply of 1.84 billion coins.
I like this coin and its approach to shrink the blockchain size but the price is way too high for me to invest.
But this amount of coins is spread over 10+ years. Actually the supply is better spread than Monero(XMR) for example.
A parity to Monero will gives possible price around 20000 satoshis. IF parity with monero acceptance is reached

Within reason, speed of mining doesn't really change the current fair value price directly. You have either higher inflation for a shorter period or lower inflation for a longer period). Pretty much cancels out, at least to a large extent.

If you think the speed of mining is a feature of the coin (and I'm leaning toward thinking this) that argues for a higher price. If you think the mining is "too slow" in some harmful way that would actually argue for a lower price despite the relatively low inflation (over several years).
It was only the wind.
It seems some people are blindly going to AWS without doing the math... they're gonna lose money.

With an onboard video card what are my options? Grin

Might make more sense to buy in that case.
legendary
actually the price is not that low considering a total supply of 1.84 billion coins.
I like this coin and its approach to shrink the blockchain size but the price is way too high for me to invest.
But this amount of coins is spread over 10+ years. Actually the supply is better spread than Monero(XMR) for example.
A parity to Monero will gives possible price around 20000 satoshis. IF parity with monero acceptance is reached
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
legendary
Can we have the link to Catia gpu miner in first post? or in the site?

Anyone who tried to build the miner under Kopiemtu? As I understand currently most successful OS for building it is Ubuntu?

Good news for investors/buyers.  Bad news for miners.  If they cannot hold on to their coins, they will be losing more.
It was only the wind.
It seems some people are blindly going to AWS without doing the math... they're gonna lose money.
The price now is too low.

Not yet.

$0.788 for ec2.instance per hour and only get 3 coins,
even if mining @home use 750Ti, it's not profitable compare to X11 multipool.

Dude, spot instances! You can get a g2.2 for $0.1/hr!

Also, 750Ti numbers:

Hash of one 750Ti @ stock / network hash * blocks per day * XCN per block = XCN per day per 750Ti @ stock:

3100000 / 6016040021 * 1440 * 242 = ~180 XCN/day

As of this moment, 1 XCN is worth 0.0000272 BTC - making one 750Ti bring in ~0.005 BTC per day. It's not excellent, but it's not horrid, either.
Agree with you, here is some data with X11@nicehash
hash of one 750TI * price at nice hash = 0.0025G*0.3BTC/G/DAY=0.00075 BTC per day.

BTW @Wolf  : I have see you hashrate of 2.2M and here is 3.1M, which confused me.

Progress - I've made it faster.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
Important News

Sorry for the late notice, but everyone should try to update to revision 14080613 or later before 11:20pm UTC on the 10th. You will most likely have problems syncing after this time if you're running an older node. Old nodes already synced to the network should continue operating normally but we're not entirely certain and cannot guarantee anything. It is highly recommended to update as soon as possible to avoid any such issues.

On the issue of wallet corruption, it looks like it can occur if Qt is shut down while it is syncing, so try to avoid shutting down your client mid sync at all costs. If you upgrade to the latest revision you shouldn't have many problems syncing but if you're forced to restart during the sync stage then backup your wallet before shutting down. If you've already lost your wallet due to corruption I don't think there's much we can do about it.

EDIT: corrected time
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
New miner up. Getting 3970kh/s on some X16 connected 750ti. Sufferage on X1 to only about 3MH. Can probably reduce memory transfer with some effort to do 4 on even X1. Gonna hold off on that until the wolf gives us run though.
compiled but cannot run minerd.
only can run minerd --help
:::::::::::::
 ./minerd -a m7 -o stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333 -u CPtc1bSfyVLVRXna1yf8eJD6oZzxLwJBbT -p x -t 6
Try `minerd --help' for more information.

./minerd -V
cpuminer 2.4
 built on Aug  8 2014
 features: x86_64 SSE2 AVX AVX2 XOP
libcurl/7.35.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1f zlib/1.2.8 libidn/1.28 librtmp/2.3
libjansson 2.5

Minerd no longer supports -a m7 option. Only algo is m7, so can't use that
Concentrated mining by people with more efficient miners is bad for the coin, especially early on. That's one reason why I slammed your use of an immature PoW instead of one that is already well optimized.
At the end of the day you are right, we probably should have went with an existing PoW algorithm instead of creating a new one, but at the time we had good reasons for doing it that way and it seemed like a good idea. But it was a sub-optimal design decision, and if I could turn back time the one thing I would change is the PoW algorithm. But it's done now and we can't change it, so I don't know why you have to rant about it for 50 pages. I think we have got the point by now, you don't like new PoW algorithms. It's not like it's the end of the world, the long mining period will do much to offset any big miners in these early stages, and the private GPU miners will be made publicly available soon enough. All new PoW algorithms take time to be optimized, and complaining about it isn't going to get it done.

I beg to differ on this.  Having a new POW algo is not the problem. In fact, it is an innovative move and it is a plus.  Forget about scrypt and scrypt-n, they are becoming boring. Many of these coins are dying. Forget about X11,13,14,15..whatever.  People would call you a clone.  You have done well with a new algo.  Fresh from oven.  Smelling good! Give yourself a pat.

When you have a few miners having their own power private mining software, the coin ends up centralised within a few hands. This is bad. People do not have confidence when a coin is being controlled by a few people.  You need mass adoption.  The way to go is to level the playing field as much as possible.  And this is what Catia has done.  You may have set a bounty for a gpu miner earlier on and you would have ended up with fewer unhappy faces.  Nevertheless, it is not too late. In fact, we are still at the early birth of the coin.  You have proved to have good listening ears and you have attended to the users'/miners' needs.  As more miners become comfortable and confidence of XCN, they would become holders of the coin. Investors would join in. This is when the value of XCN would grow steadily. We would be seeing a bright future in XCN.
Jump to: