Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 125. (Read 578501 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Started over and grabbed the new updated CudaMiner from git.
Makes now with no issue, but now:

CudaMiner$ ./minerd -a m7 -o stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333 -u Cmyaddressi -p x -t 1
[2014-08-06 18:36:43] 1 miner threads started, using 'm7' algorithm.
[2014-08-06 18:36:43] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333
GPUassert: invalid device symbol cuda_whirlpool512.cu 1428

Going to try removing whirlpool512 and compiling again, I assume -t 1 is correct as I only have a single GPU.

Thanks for the help all, I'll have to run some cards on someone's XCN address when this works for the help =)
the source compiles just for compute 3.5, so it works just for maxwell cards, if you are on kepler edit the makefile and change compute_35 with compute_30

Thanks, I made the change, now when I try any command other than --help, it prompts:
"Try `minerd --help' for more information."

Same command line as above, just remade with Compute 3.0

I should probably give up by now right Tongue ?

Odd. Try -help instead of --help.

EDIT: Oops, read that wrong, ignore this.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
It was only the wind.
This. Also, the point about 32-bit machines being the most popular is invalid - not because it's not true, but because it doesn't matter. Those machines are phones and ATMs, machines that people don't actually use for this sort of thing.

As far as I know most home computers are 32-bit as well, but of course you'll make the claim that the kind of tech savvy people that would use cryptocurrencies would all have 64-bit machines right?

Well then you don't know shit and should generally just shut the fuck up.

This is four years old:

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2010/07/08/64-bit-momentum-surges-with-windows-7/

Still no evidence to suggest that more than 50% use 64-bit, even if you take in the flawed momentum data. Haters gonna hate, watch your pump-n-dump floating belly up within 2 months like all the other shitcoins.

You can't even buy a 32-bit computer anymore, and you're trying to argue most actual users use 32-bit. Are you trolling, or just stupid?

http://www.quora.com/Operating-Systems/What-is-the-64-bit-OS-statistics-compare-to-32-bit

Here is the evidence of 64bit being >50%

Nothing in there says that besides this line:

According to LeBlanc, 54 percent of worldwide systems run the 32-bit version of Windows 7 compared the 46 percent that opts for Windows 7 x64.

Which was from 2010.

So, what does this graphic say? I must misunderstand.

GAMERS. People that run Steam. As in, not representative of everyone else.
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001
win7 x64 problem:

i had a fresh install of the wallet, started syncing and used the initial address for mining @ 1gh. the wallet got stuck at some "trie" stuff (for over 6h) so I restarted the qt-wallet. Now it says my wallet.dat is corrupted, and can't be repaired. the wallet.dat file is getting renamed and a new one is created. all my mined coins are gone. there are generally a lot of runtime exceptions and messages when operating the wallet.

how can I get my coins back? looks like there is no checkwallet/repairwallet implemented.

Code:
Page 0: metadata page corrupted
Page 0: could not check metadata page
wallet.dat: DB_VERIFY_BAD: Database verification failed
file unknown has LSN 1/3132, past end of log at 1/1076
Commonly caused by moving a database from one database environment
to another without clearing the database LSNs, or by removing all of
the log files from a database environment

looks like a critical bug in the QT wallet which kills the wallet.dat

Edit: salvagewallet did not work either

i'm still looking for a solution. lost around 120 coins that way. i don't want to think about someone losing thousands due to that bug.

All you need is the private key of your receiving address.

You can try the following. ALWAYS keep a backup of your wallet.

1. Take a note of your address.
2. Go to 'help > debug > console'
3. Type:

Code:
dumpprivkey YOURRECEIVINGADDRESS

4. Store the private key in a safe location.
5. Repeat for all your receiving addresses (if you have more than one)

Now, do whatever you want with the wallets. As soon as you have a working wallet, import your private key for each of your receiving addresses with the command:

Code:
importprivkey YOURPRIVATEKEYFORADDRESS "My Address Label"

Hope this helps.

I can't do that, as I can't load the wallet.dat file. One second after starting the QT wallet with the corrupted wallet.dat file, it says the wallet.dat is corrupted. and then the wallet.dat file is beeing renamed. I'll post more debug messages in a min.

There is a 'checkwallet' command and a 'repairwallet' command. Is it possible to run them?

there is no checkwallet/repairwallet command (like I stated somewhere before), at least not in the rpc command list. but even if they were available, I could not run them, because I can't load my wallet.dat in the first place. from debug and db.log:

Code:
file unknown has LSN 1/3132, past end of log at 1/28
wallet.1407407212.bak: DB_VERIFY_BAD: Database verification failed

Code:
2014-08-07 10:26:52 Renamed wallet.dat to wallet.1407407212.bak
2014-08-07 10:26:52 CDBEnv::Salvage : Database salvage found errors, all data may not be recoverable.
2014-08-07 10:26:52 Salvage(aggressive) found no records in wallet.1407407212.bak.
2014-08-07 10:26:56 Initialization result: 0
2014-08-07 10:26:56 Requesting shutdown
2014-08-07 10:26:56 Running Shutdown in thread
2014-08-07 10:26:56 Shutdown : In progress...
2014-08-07 10:26:56 StopNode()
2014-08-07 10:26:56 Shutdown : done
2014-08-07 10:26:56 Shutdown finished
2014-08-07 10:26:56 Shutdown result: 1
2014-08-07 10:26:56 Stopping thread
2014-08-07 10:26:56 Stopped thread

I will happily provide the wallet.dat file to the devs so they can take a look.
legendary
Activity: 914
win7 x64 problem:

i had a fresh install of the wallet, started syncing and used the initial address for mining @ 1gh. the wallet got stuck at some "trie" stuff (for over 6h) so I restarted the qt-wallet. Now it says my wallet.dat is corrupted, and can't be repaired. the wallet.dat file is getting renamed and a new one is created. all my mined coins are gone. there are generally a lot of runtime exceptions and messages when operating the wallet.

how can I get my coins back? looks like there is no checkwallet/repairwallet implemented.

Code:

looks like a critical bug in the QT wallet which kills the wallet.dat

Edit: salvagewallet did not work either

i'm still looking for a solution. lost around 120 coins that way. i don't want to think about someone losing thousands due to that bug.

All you need is the private key of your receiving address.

You can try the following. ALWAYS keep a backup of your wallet.

1. Take a note of your address.
2. Go to 'help > debug > console'
3. Type:

Code:
dumpprivkey YOURRECEIVINGADDRESS

4. Store the private key in a safe location.
5. Repeat for all your receiving addresses (if you have more than one)

Now, do whatever you want with the wallets. As soon as you have a working wallet, import your private key for each of your receiving addresses with the command:

Code:
importprivkey YOURPRIVATEKEYFORADDRESS "My Address Label"

Hope this helps.

I can't do that, as I can't load the wallet.dat file. One second after starting the QT wallet with the corrupted wallet.dat file, it says the wallet.dat is corrupted. and then the wallet.dat file is beeing renamed. I'll post more debug messages in a min.

the problem is not the blockchain. my wallet got corrupted after i restarted the QT client (it did NOT crash, it was shut down properly) and is not readable by the wallet anymore. I now tried five older versions, every time I start the client it tells me the wallet.dat is corrupted and not repairable. then wallet.dat gets renamed.
del all,use old version,old block chain,old wallet.dat.you'll get your coin back

again, I already tried that. The client can't load the old wallet.dat. even if you delete everything except for the wallet.dat, the client says that the wallet.dat is corrupted and can't be repaired. after that, the qt-wallet crashes...
There was probably some sort of problem with the shutdown even though it may not have looked that way. Have you tried the latest revision released a few hours ago? Try running -resync and if that doesn't work delete your Cryptonite data folder completely and then once you're fully synced shut down Qt and replace the new wallet.dat file with your old one and also delete the db.log file.

yepp, it looks like the shutdown process has corrupted the wallet. I think it was because it was in the "download trie" state which was not covered.
It was only the wind.
This. Also, the point about 32-bit machines being the most popular is invalid - not because it's not true, but because it doesn't matter. Those machines are phones and ATMs, machines that people don't actually use for this sort of thing.

As far as I know most home computers are 32-bit as well, but of course you'll make the claim that the kind of tech savvy people that would use cryptocurrencies would all have 64-bit machines right?

This is four years old:

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2010/07/08/64-bit-momentum-surges-with-windows-7/

Still no evidence to suggest that more than 50% use 64-bit, even if you take in the flawed momentum data. Haters gonna hate, watch your pump-n-dump floating belly up within 2 months like all the other shitcoins.

You can't even buy a 32-bit computer anymore, and you're trying to argue most actual users use 32-bit. Are you trolling, or just stupid?

http://www.quora.com/Operating-Systems/What-is-the-64-bit-OS-statistics-compare-to-32-bit

Here is the evidence of 64bit being >50%

Nothing in there says that besides this line:

According to LeBlanc, 54 percent of worldwide systems run the 32-bit version of Windows 7 compared the 46 percent that opts for Windows 7 x64.

Which was from 2010.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
It seems some people are blindly going to AWS without doing the math... they're gonna lose money.
The price now is too low.

Not yet.

$0.788 for ec2.instance per hour and only get 3 coins,
even if mining @home use 750Ti, it's not profitable compare to X11 multipool.

Dude, spot instances! You can get a g2.2 for $0.1/hr!

Also, 750Ti numbers:

Hash of one 750Ti @ stock / network hash * blocks per day * XCN per block = XCN per day per 750Ti @ stock:

3100000 / 6016040021 * 1440 * 242 = ~180 XCN/day

As of this moment, 1 XCN is worth 0.0000272 BTC - making one 750Ti bring in ~0.005 BTC per day. It's not excellent, but it's not horrid, either.
Agree with you, here is some data with X11@nicehash
hash of one 750TI * price at nice hash = 0.0025G*0.3BTC/G/DAY=0.00075 BTC per day.

BTW @Wolf  : I have see you hashrate of 2.2M and here is 3.1M, which confused me.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
It seems some people are blindly going to AWS without doing the math... they're gonna lose money.

Not yet.

Dude, spot instances! You can get a g2.2 for $0.1/hr!

Also, 750Ti numbers:

Hash of one 750Ti @ stock / network hash * blocks per day * XCN per block = XCN per day per 750Ti @ stock:

3100000 / 6016040021 * 1440 * 242 = ~180 XCN/day

As of this moment, 1 XCN is worth 0.0000272 BTC - making one 750Ti bring in ~0.005 BTC per day. It's not excellent, but it's not horrid, either.

That's pretty decent compared to other coins to gpu mine with and more efficient than cpu mining.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Time is Money - Benjamin Franklin
So here are the instructions to build the miner on an EC2 GPU instance (assumes you have installed cuda toolkit):

Code:
sudo apt-get install -y build-essential automake m4 libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libgmp-dev git
cd
git clone https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/CudaMiner
cd CudaMiner
sed -i 's/compute_35/compute_30/' Makefile.am
chmod +x autogen.sh
./autogen.sh
./configure CFLAGS="-O3"
make -j 8

# RUN USING:
# ./minerd -o stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333 -u XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -p x -t 1

What OS are you running?
I get a lot of dependency issues on Ubuntu 12.04 trying to install build-essential and libcurl4 libraries.
you can search community ami "dogecoin mining ami" with CUDA5.5 ready~
mine for future...
I dont think he is on AWS as the instances come with 14.01 LTS version. He is on 12.04
It was only the wind.

This is four years old:

Activity: 153
Merit: 100
mine for future~
So here are the instructions to build the miner on an EC2 GPU instance (assumes you have installed cuda toolkit):

Code:
sudo apt-get install -y build-essential automake m4 libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libgmp-dev git
cd
cd CudaMiner
chmod +x autogen.sh
./autogen.sh
./configure CFLAGS="-O3"
make -j 8

# RUN USING:
# ./minerd -o stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333 -u XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -p x -t 1

What OS are you running?
I get a lot of dependency issues on Ubuntu 12.04 trying to install build-essential and libcurl4 libraries.
you can search community ami "dogecoin mining ami" with CUDA5.5 ready~
mine for future...
Activity: 274

Code:
cd
cd CudaMiner
chmod +x autogen.sh
./autogen.sh
./configure CFLAGS="-O3"
make -j 8

# RUN USING:

What OS are you running?
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
Bittrex is the one who stalled all momentum complaining about a wallet bug that has the potential to wipe their Bitcoin wallets clean. Isn't it odd that Bter and C-Cex listed XCN with no issues whatsoever. Blame Bittrex for the low price now. Unless it can be fixed, the value will just keep heading south.

Bittrex should be renamed Shittex.

The way I read it, bittrex said they didn't have time to verify the software or it's interaction with bittrex codes. Pretty much it was going to take more than 5 minutes, so didn't get done. It's true that it could take some time to implement exchange interface properly. Not sure why so many people read it as a problem with the coin.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
This is very interesting, is there already any AMD GPU miner? Binaries for CUDA miner?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Why not list this on bittrex?  Wink
Activity: 378
Time is Money - Benjamin Franklin
and here I thought the gpuminer was not working on aws.
mine for future~

Not yet.

It was only the wind.
You may or may not have a valid point about 32 bit binaries, but leave your racism/nationalism at the door.  The nationality of the developer has nothing to do with the quality of his or her code, just as your own nationality has nothing to do with whether you have a bloody clue about the difficulty of supporting a wide variety of cross-platform and cross-architecture builds when trying to deal with new code and a huge list of "wants" from everybody.

I suspect you don't, but it's not because you're an American, Armenian, Argentinian, or Zimbabwean.  It's because you need to take a deep breath, remember that nobody owes you the software you're running without paying anything for it, and remember that these are real human beings on the other end of the conversation, not anonymous bots posting to a chat forum.

I think that most would understand that by a "chinese hack" I am not implying that his code is inferior due to his nationality as a chinese (rather a hack) but that the market is saturated with chinese willing to write buggy code for a fraction of the price of a real programmer. The phones in both of our pockets have been created by the chinese but the difference is that those are high quality employees working for high quality american companies, not 18 year olds looking to scam on freelancing websites.

It's true that they don't owe me the binaries, and I don't owe not calling them dumbasses for not providing them.

Actually, most home computers are 64-bit now. You'd have a hard time buying a 32-bit x86 unless it was off Craigslist or something.
legendary
Activity: 1151

Not yet.
For GPU maybe, but for people mining with cpus @home its waste of money atm. Or investment in future price rise Smiley
mine for future~
the problem is not the blockchain. my wallet got corrupted after i restarted the QT client (it did NOT crash, it was shut down properly) and is not readable by the wallet anymore. I now tried five older versions, every time I start the client it tells me the wallet.dat is corrupted and not repairable. then wallet.dat gets renamed.
del all,use old version,old block chain,old wallet.dat.you'll get your coin back

again, I already tried that. The client can't load the old wallet.dat. even if you delete everything except for the wallet.dat, the client says that the wallet.dat is corrupted and can't be repaired. after that, the qt-wallet crashes...
There was probably some sort of problem with the shutdown even though it may not have looked that way. Have you tried the latest revision released a few hours ago? Try running -resync and if that doesn't work delete your Cryptonite data folder completely and then once you're fully synced shut down Qt and replace the new wallet.dat file with your old one and also delete the db.log file.

XCN seems have been prepared and pre-tested for a long time, a great coin with many innovations, but what do you think about the price now?
Jump to: