Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 123. (Read 578501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
Catia now delivers for you 2.5MH of raw speed on 750ti. For free as per usual. Now let those complaints roll!

and from hence forth only speaks in the third person
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.

You really should tag that stuff NSFW specially on threads where people don't know.

I do it so often, I figured people would know by now. I'll go edit it.
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
Catia now delivers for you 2.5MH of raw speed on 750ti. For free as per usual. Now let those complaints roll!

Great Smiley Any chance this will compile on windows? I saw "Win32 work and 2.5MH"  Huh

I've put a solid 24 hours into getting it to compile on windows. Unknown even if any real progress was made. That toolchain is so fubar.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Great Smiley Any chance this will compile on windows? I saw "Win32 work and 2.5MH"  Huh
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
It seems some people are blindly going to AWS without doing the math... they're gonna lose money.
The price now is too low.

Not yet.

$0.788 for ec2.instance per hour and only get 3 coins,
even if mining @home use 750Ti, it's not profitable compare to X11 multipool.

Dude, spot instances! You can get a g2.2 for $0.1/hr!

Also, 750Ti numbers:

Hash of one 750Ti @ stock / network hash * blocks per day * XCN per block = XCN per day per 750Ti @ stock:

3100000 / 6016040021 * 1440 * 242 = ~180 XCN/day

As of this moment, 1 XCN is worth 0.0000272 BTC - making one 750Ti bring in ~0.005 BTC per day. It's not excellent, but it's not horrid, either.
Agree with you, here is some data with X11@nicehash
hash of one 750TI * price at nice hash = 0.0025G*0.3BTC/G/DAY=0.00075 BTC per day.

BTW @Wolf  : I have see you hashrate of 2.2M and here is 3.1M, which confused me.

Progress - I've made it faster.

Do you have a complied binary for windows?

No, I don't use Windows. Also, just to be clear - 3.1MH/s is on a 750Ti, 2.1 - 2.2MH/s is on AWS with the GPU only.

Oh, do you have a github for Linux source? I don't mind using Linux.

Does Nvidia tech work fine in AWS vitual environment?

Between BBR and this, which is more profitable at the moment to gpu mine with a 750ti?
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
So here are the instructions to build the miner on an EC2 GPU instance (assumes you have installed cuda toolkit):

Code:
sudo apt-get install -y build-essential automake m4 libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libgmp-dev git
cd
git clone https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/CudaMiner
cd CudaMiner
sed -i 's/compute_35/compute_30/' Makefile.am
chmod +x autogen.sh
./autogen.sh
./configure CFLAGS="-O3"
make -j 8

# RUN USING:
# ./minerd -o stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333 -u XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -p x -t 1

What hash rate are you getting?

2200kh/s GPU and 350kh/s CPU. (nsfw as usual)

https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/xcnec2.png
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Yes, we need the optimisation desperately.  On average I am getting 1.2-1.3mh over a longer period of time (from initial 1.4mh) versus 3mh+ Wolf is getting (he has improved over 2.2mh and I am not sure if he is sharing his private miner to a few privileged).  That is less than half of the hash rate of what Wolf's private miner can do. This is by no mean a small amount!  With the current exchange rate of 0.000024, we are all losing a lot when mining with the public miner.

Why is this thread full of crying people? This is really pathetic! Yes, it is a significant difference in performance, but it is not devastating. You just mine 50% of what he does with the same HW, this is still fine. Instead of crying and waiting for everything served on a silver plate, you can:

1) dedicate your own time to learn CUDA programming, run NvProfiler and do your own optimizations, like Wolf0 did
2) pay someone to do optimizations for you
3) buy twice more HW you have now

What makes you think that this is crying for free help?  What makes you think that I am not learning CUDA programming, NvProfiler or finding other ways to improve the situation? Do you know me well?  Do you know my thoughts and future actions?  It is strange that you can draw such conclusion without knowing the writer.

I was responding to Catia's post - 'I can work on faster GPU miner.'  I was letting him know the situation as to what is happening to those who were using the public miners.  
Activity: 329
impressive catia, and it runs even cooler! Smiley
Activity: 329
Yes, we need the optimisation desperately.  On average I am getting 1.2-1.3mh over a longer period of time (from initial 1.4mh) versus 3mh+ Wolf is getting (he has improved over 2.2mh and I am not sure if he is sharing his private miner to a few privileged).  That is less than half of the hash rate of what Wolf's private miner can do. This is by no mean a small amount!  With the current exchange rate of 0.000024, we are all losing a lot when mining with the public miner.

Why is this thread full of crying people? This is really pathetic! Yes, it is a significant difference in performance, but it is not devastating. You just mine 50% of what he does with the same HW, this is still fine. Instead of crying and waiting for everything served on a silver plate, you can:

1) dedicate your own time to learn CUDA programming, run NvProfiler and do your own optimizations, like Wolf0 did

+1

4) Organize fundraising to crowdfund releasing a faster miner. This is really a good fit since there is an objective way to measure it. "2x the speed on such and such hardware, you get X amount of coins."

Stop expecting people to do free work and hand you free money by helping you mine. It is pathetic and stupid.

I agree BTW that 50% is not atrocious. It is probably still quite profitable over the cost of electricity or compared to most other coins you could mine.

yes it's profitable at current price (it would even more without the 5% rejects on 1gh pool) and remember that a more optimized cuda miner also means higher temperature, more noise and more electricity...
here with 35 degree i would have stop mining if i didn't found out about xcn and the public gpu miner because the actual ccminer is so optimized that even "cool" algos are pushing gpu temperature at 80 degree...
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

+1

4) Organize fundraising to crowdfund releasing a faster miner. This is really a good fit since there is an objective way to measure it. "2x the speed on such and such hardware, you get X amount of coins."

Stop expecting people to do free work and hand you free money by helping you mine. It is pathetic and stupid.

I agree BTW that 50% is not atrocious. It is probably still quite profitable over the cost of electricity or compared to most other coins you could mine.

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

Activity: 267
New gpu miner code released with 50% speed up. Unfortunately this is an arms race we can't really win. Anything I do Wolf will take to improve his miner. Best we can hope for is to make improvements he already has.

How about release a wallet that works? I am using Win7 x64 but I cannot get it up and running!! It is still downloading the header for 2 days now!!

This is frustrating..!!

You need the latest wallet and start over. Delete data directory and such. It only takes about 10 minutes to sync and do ther verification. No days involved.

Nice new wallet release..Now my coins are safe once and for all. Thanks!
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
It seems some people are blindly going to AWS without doing the math... they're gonna lose money.
The price now is too low.

Not yet.

$0.788 for ec2.instance per hour and only get 3 coins,
even if mining @home use 750Ti, it's not profitable compare to X11 multipool.

Dude, spot instances! You can get a g2.2 for $0.1/hr!

Also, 750Ti numbers:

Hash of one 750Ti @ stock / network hash * blocks per day * XCN per block = XCN per day per 750Ti @ stock:

3100000 / 6016040021 * 1440 * 242 = ~180 XCN/day

As of this moment, 1 XCN is worth 0.0000272 BTC - making one 750Ti bring in ~0.005 BTC per day. It's not excellent, but it's not horrid, either.
Agree with you, here is some data with X11@nicehash
hash of one 750TI * price at nice hash = 0.0025G*0.3BTC/G/DAY=0.00075 BTC per day.

BTW @Wolf  : I have see you hashrate of 2.2M and here is 3.1M, which confused me.

Progress - I've made it faster.

Do you have a complied binary for windows?
New gpu miner code released with 50% speed up. Unfortunately this is an arms race we can't really win. Anything I do Wolf will take to improve his miner. Best we can hope for is to make improvements he already has.

How about release a wallet that works? I am using Win7 x64 but I cannot get it up and running!! It is still downloading the header for 2 days now!!

This is frustrating..!!

You need the latest wallet and start over. Delete data directory and such. It only takes about 10 minutes to sync and do ther verification. No days involved.
Activity: 267

This is frustrating..!!
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
I can work on faster GPU miner. Wolf's is not that much faster imho. 1.4 vs 2.2mh is a little bad, but unlikely he has enough customers to force price out of profitability for people running OSS miner. Would be nice to get some help from community. Maybe somebody can run NV profiler and figure out where time is spent. I developed this on my laptop which cannot actually run it, so not sure where all the time goes. Obviously optimizing the kernel that takes the most time will buy us the most results.

I can work on faster GPU miner. Wolf's is not that much faster imho. 1.4 vs 2.2mh is a little bad, but unlikely he has enough customers to force price out of profitability for people running OSS miner. Would be nice to get some help from community. Maybe somebody can run NV profiler and figure out where time is spent. I developed this on my laptop which cannot actually run it, so not sure where all the time goes. Obviously optimizing the kernel that takes the most time will buy us the most results.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
Soooo.... still no GPU miner for win users? or amd? or bounties for that?

Blame MS for being too brain dead to support C99 or later in MSVC, and Nvidia for making nvcc only work with MSVC on Windows.

F U CK Microsoft. Their Azure platform is unstable as hell, making my life as coder a nightmare. Microsoft coders think coding without logging and deploying a small webapp to Azure in 10 minutes is good enough, forcing me work like a dog
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
I may be very wrong here, but I don't understand how it makes a difference for me who mines the coins?
Having a large private GPU sounds like something that would put the pressure on the price downwards and make for cheap coins until a public miner is released.

You are correct.  It makes no difference whether the tiny relative percentage of hence-emitted XCN/XMR/BBR were NerdMined by low level coders and their bot herder buddies, or airdropped to all mankind via postcard, because the market/exchanges adjust distribution to what is most economic.

The (artificial) problem here is the Free Stuff Army likes pretending that equality of outcome is the only form of fairness.

Too bad for them Nozick publicly demolished their nonsense-on-stilts back in the 1970s:

Nozick's famous Wilt Chamberlain argument is an attempt to show that patterned principles of just distribution are incompatible with liberty. He asks us to assume that the original distribution in society, D1, is ordered by our choice of patterned principle, for instance Rawls's Difference Principle. Wilt Chamberlain is an extremely popular basketball player in this society, and Nozick further assumes 1 million people are willing to freely give Chamberlain 25 cents each to watch him play basketball over the course of a season (we assume no other transactions occur). Chamberlain now has $250,000, a much larger sum than any of the other people in the society. The new distribution in society, call it D2, obviously is no longer ordered by our favored pattern that ordered D1. However Nozick argues that D2 is just. For if each agent freely exchanges some of his D1 share with the basketball player and D1 was a just distribution (we know D1 was just, because it was ordered according to your favorite patterned principle of distribution), how can D2 fail to be a just distribution? Thus Nozick argues that what the Wilt Chamberlain example shows is that no patterned principle of just distribution will be compatible with liberty. In order to preserve the pattern, which arranged D1, the state will have to continually interfere with people's ability to freely exchange their D1 shares, for any exchange of D1 shares explicitly involves violating the pattern that originally ordered it.

Darkota, you are not sufficiently specialized in coding/mining to compete with those who are.  So shut up about your boring inadequacies and buy cheap coins like the rest of us.  This is Game Over for your massive sense of entitlement, but not for innovative and fairly launched coins like XCN/XMR/BBR.

+1
eeeeexcellent write up

here is yet another thing and it has to do with if you really like reaaaally want GPU miner for AMD, learn how to code and write one! in this way you beat the competition!

this goes for any coin, on an occasion I have tweaked open source and replaced c/c++ routines with Linux assembly.. of course I wont publish these, in one case, case of primecoin I have replaced Fermat factorization, good ol' days before GPU came along

many things are possible

I am a simple man, but do appreciate your philosophically and politically motivated write up, now s* up (speaking to all lol) and mine to paraphrase the expression "sh up and dance"  Cool
Jump to: