Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 145. (Read 578501 times)

Activity: 503
Merit: 100
Cpuminer on xcn.1gh.com updated now, 40%+ speedup.

reorder i got a lot of "Stratum requested work restart". Some miners can't even send jobs after 10 min. Any fix? Thanks.
If you run several workers, please try using different wallet addresses to get a lower share difficulty for each. Cryptonite has important block bits updated with every transaction appearing on the network so we have to update miners tasks frequently too.

I am having similar problem.  I run several workers each with a different wallet addr.  The hash rates display on your website will go down a lot after about an hour even though the hash rate displayed on the miner remains the same.  Is there a leak somewhere?
Me too, only half on pool
Activity: 50
Merit: 0

reorder i got a lot of "Stratum requested work restart". Some miners can't even send jobs after 10 min. Any fix? Thanks.
If you run several workers, please try using different wallet addresses to get a lower share difficulty for each. Cryptonite has important block bits updated with every transaction appearing on the network so we have to update miners tasks frequently too.

I am having similar problem.  I run several workers each with a different wallet addr.  The hash rates display on your website will go down a lot after about an hour even though the hash rate displayed on the miner remains the same.  Is there a leak somewhere?

Tried to compile the updated cpuminer. I encounter error:

Making all in m7
make[2]: Entering directory `/root/cpuminer-cryptonite/m7'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `haval.cpp', needed by `haval.o'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/cpuminer-cryptonite/m7'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/cpuminer-cryptonite'
make: *** [all] Error 2

What is the fix?

A dependency missing?
What do you get after ./autogen.sh and what after ./configure?

I fixed the problem by removing the whole folder, download and recompile.  Somehow git update does not work.
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
Please update to 14080303. Semi critical. Fixes bug recently introduced that prevents peers from downloading sections of the compressed trie we call slices. In the near future we will be transferring pruned chains only, so we need nodes online with capability to serve for the transition. If your node is not externally reachable then don't worry about it.

Are sources updated?

Yes indeed
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
Please update to 14080303. Semi critical. Fixes bug recently introduced that prevents peers from downloading sections of the compressed trie we call slices. In the near future we will be transferring pruned chains only, so we need nodes online with capability to serve for the transition. If your node is not externally reachable then don't worry about it.

Are sources updated?

You should consider cutting down the total coin supply due to inflation issues that might arise in the future.

18-20 million.

I disagree. There are plenty lot of coins with reduced market cap, where the most of them are emitted in first short period. What do we get from that? Poor hashrates and poor interest after that period. If you think crappy hashrates will protect your millions worth coins you are wrong... I would leave things like they are. Long term mining is a good concept. It allows the market to grow and can make the coin really valuable.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Crypti Community Manager
coinmarketcap.com added XCN

Yep, because of me. I wrote them, the same as I did to Bittrex and Poloniex (and you should, too!).

https://twitter.com/NxtBerzerk/status/494204401087946752

If you want to donate: CMQr8gx5uL3G3zCQ2U2Z7PADF2vY5eSuDA
Activity: 288
Merit: 105

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

Making all in m7

What is the fix?

A dependency missing?
What do you get after ./autogen.sh and what after ./configure?
Activity: 76
is solo>xcn.pool.com  by 120 E3V3 erevy 440K/H?HuhHuh?

Making all in m7

What is the fix?
Activity: 211
Do you have all of this stuff?

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev libminiupnpc-dev libqt4-dev libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libgmp-dev
apt-get install git ntp make g++ gcc autoconf cpp ngrep iftop sysstat
Activity: 211
Don't have xubuntu, but on ubuntu:

mkdir ~/.cryptonite

cat > ~/.cryptonite/cryptonite.conf << EOF
#----
rpcuser=rpcuser
rpcpassword=rpcpw
EOF

./cryptonite-qt
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
How many coins are being mined per day? And this amount will be half in ten years correct?

1440 blocks per day, about 243 coins per block, and yes 10 years.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
hey i just saw this:

https://twitter.com/CoinJesus/status/495755688006938624

i just wish the price was lower, i'd grab some

Just be patient. It will be.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
How many coins are being mined per day? And this amount will be half in ten years correct?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Activity: 7
New Mining Pool  1% Fees!

http://pool.minichain.info pays out once a day proportional to the number of shares (share difficulty = 512)
Also check out the blockexplorer at http://minichain.info It might be down sporadically over the next few days if I'm working on it more

If I get enough interest, I'll release the source code for both

That's nice. But could you change the payout to every hour or at least 3, 4hours. Once per day just taking too long for every miners.

I'll change it to 4 hours

The use of Windows Miner, CPU why not working at full speed?

Make sure you use --threads 16 or set it to whatever gives you the best result.  Generally, you want to set the threads to be the number of CPU's you have

Set the --threads MAX, but CPU use rate was only 10%
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511

I don't disagree with any of this in principle. There is just no thorough analysis of exactly how it will end up on GPU. Sure maybe multiplication is 20% on CPU but that means what 60-80% on GPU? we know it will slow down there and a lot of it depends on how things are implemented. XPM has lamo big integer, the things almost always can be fit in registers. These are too large. And i think 2048bit * 32*256 is way too large for local memory. So where CPU is doing some fast 64bit multiplies in registers and has that nice data cache, GPU is executing handful of operations and having to hit global memory to do the same work. Implementing on GPU is quite difficult if you do it the GMP way which is karatsuba i believe.

Keep in mind X11 is not so much faster on GPU. Maybe 3x. Throw a wrench into the works that takes 60% of time and I think that metric will suffer. I can't guarantee it. Maybe not so much, maybe a little. Not even sure it matters. It's just a PoW. People will work it with whatever they have.

X11 nvidia is 6x cpu, just to keep the record straight, though it's always possible that some of C&C's groestl optimizations could be applied to avx2 as well.  That's not the magic of nvidia, it's good programming and optimization.

There's no way a good implementation of this would hit global in a non-streaming way -- such a design would be silly and doing it wrong.  Yes, it might be optimal to stream all of the result hashes to memory, read them back in a different kernel with fewer threads per block, do the 2048 bit math, and then stuff them back into global for the final sha256, but two full streams of the hashes is well within the bandwidth capacity of the GPU for the speed of hashing and math we're talking about.

You could imagine some fun ways of parallelizing it, given that the multiplication is commutative - that sha256 and haval would combine nicely in one big parallel multiply across nonces to produce a 512 bit next operand.  Fun thought experiment. :-)

GPU would likely just use schoolbook.  GMP's multiplication algorithm used depends a little on the bit sizes involved, but it's probably Toom-Cook at these sizes.  (It's a little tricky because you know that one of the operands is always <= 512 bits, and I don't know how gmp optimizes that case.)  Karatsuba and TC are tricky, but they're not magic, just code.

(I have no philosophical or financial horse in this race -- I think the excessive pursuit of CPU-only coins is silly, and I do agree with you that the large bit size is a deterrent;  I haven't seen, e.g., any public gpu miners for riecoin, and the bit size is one of the big reasons.  But if the coin goes moonward, it'll be done, and I think it'll put the CPUs out to pasture.)
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
hey i just saw this:

https://twitter.com/CoinJesus/status/495755688006938624

i just wish the price was lower, i'd grab some
Jump to: