Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 150. (Read 578501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
I think that's about an average of a block every 2.5 days.
Luck is a b!tch though, you might not ever get a block if diff keeps increasing  Roll Eyes
~ Myagui
legendary
Activity: 1059
Merit: 1000
how many coins i can do to day with this info?  Wink

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
I would caution pushing the price up further. If you do, expect dumping. The cost of mining on EC2 has been 0.03-0.05 BTC / XCN from the second day. The current price shows most miners are holding.

I guarantee many coins are being mined at lower rates via optimized/GPU miners and by botnets.

But of course miners are hloding.  Cryptonite is Bitcoin 2.0! 

The only innovations in cryptocoins thus far which matter are:

1) blockchain (Bitcoin)
2) ring signatures (Cryptonote)
3) minichain (Cryptonite)

According to Mint, ring sigs are intrinsically incompatible with minichains.  Notice how 2) and 3) are 1) evolving into two separate niches, specializing for public or private transactions/wealth.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Where can we find the current coins on the market?  The block explorer does not show current coin count.  Why?  Any good explorer shows this!

At the time of writing this, there are 8809 blocks and looks like block size is 242.8179828636.  This is slightly different from some of the earlier blocks.  Using 242 coins per block that puts us at 2,131,778 coins.  Is this right?  I keep seeing people say we only have 50k coins or 80k coins on the market it.  What is the real coin supply right now?
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Oh, wait, except the bankers making millions while doing no useful work. That's A-okay in your book, right? But people who actually do skilled work to create a product, they don't deserve jack shit.

Where did I say that? Shove your straw man up your ass.

You say it by using fiat - and you say it right here, in this thread. By hating on devs who, god forbid, try to pay the bills with the results of their work, you're saying they don't deserve shit.

Like we're obligated to give your entitled ass the results of our work, because you have some magical right to it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Just simple math, 243+ coins per block, 1 block every minute. If you want the price of 0.0005 "to be cheap", then you need 170-180 BTC each day to buy up all those XCN.

At current price of 6k sat, we need 20+ BTC per day pouring to market.

It kind of sounds like this price might be where it is at long term.  More exchanges would help but the more XCN that is mined the more likely it is that supply will outpace demand.

Or maybe I am not interpreting the info correctly...

And it's not helping the coins are mined by few. If a lot of people could mine, there would be a lot more holding and a lot less selling.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
just bought a shitload
legendary
Activity: 1551
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#
...And it says: "Downloading headers... 4 days behind" with "socket recv error 10054" repeating in the debug.log. Tried to add a few nodes, but nothing changes. I'm behind standard home router. Please advise.

Found out what the problem was. The Cryptonite-QT is half-baked, it messed up some environment variables which Bitcoin-QT uses, resulting in breaking both itself and Bitcoin-QT.

Don't install Cryptonite-QT if you use default Bitcoin wallet! I've managed not to be forced to download the whole Bitcoin blockchain, but it was close.

Can you please share what settings you reverted in order to make bitcoin-qt work again without rebuilding its database? I have 9.2.1 and it is hosed since I put and ran the cryptonite-qt wallet on my machine.
+1
I need this info, my wallet is corrupt now :/

All right, no need to panic, your BTC wallet should be fine, it gave me a scare since I haven't backed it up for some time and had some transactions in the meantime. Here's what you should do:

- Check that both applications are shut down, best to logoff/logon or restart your computer
- Backup both wallets just in case, both files have the same name (wallet.dat) so take care not to mix them up. Wallets are in the same directory where your exe files are
- Delete the whole Cryptonite-QT directory
- Go to "Start" and in the textbox right above it ("Search programs and files") type %APPDATA% press Enter it will open your hidden directory with both Bitcoin and Cryptonite blockchains. Delete the whole Cryptonite directory.
- Start the Bitcoin-QT normally. Since the directory which common environment variable points out is now deleted, it will prompt you to point to proper directory. Choose the checkbox above the currently selected (default), and it will finally find everything it needs and work normally.

I must say this is a major Cryptonite developers fuck-up, to force us to jump through hoops just to save our Bitcoin installation. TBH, it has shaken my confidence that they know what they are doing quite a bit.

Edit: on double check, wallet's are also in hidden directory, you should easily find them.
Bad luck, dont work for me Cry
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
Ok folks, for those of you having trouble with cryptonite/bitcoin living together I have created a test build

http://gpile.it/mbc/win64_cryptonite-qt_test.exe

In all likelihood when running it, it will give you the usual box about when you first install cryptonite, select datadir and such. Selecting the same directory as before should cause it to find all the existing data. Probably want to backup wallet.dat before starting on such a journey.

To repair bitcoin, open regedit and search for bitcoin-qt. Should be a key called strDataDir in there, point that back at your bitcoin folder and everything should be fine.
Note: only reset the bitcoin-qt registry keys if the registry tree Mini-Blockchain/Cryptonite-Qt was successfully created. Pretty sure it's good, but just to be safe.

On another note. It has not been proven that GPU miner is even practical. When designing the PoW i did some experiments with multiplication throughput and it's really just not as good as what you can get on a good CPU. Wolf seems confident but I am not 100% convinced. In the meantime I slowly working on one that will be public. Other work taking precedence because I think it will be fruitless anyways.

The number of coins question has been answered close to 1.84B times.

The number of coins for given time is 1.84B - 1.84B * .5^(days/365.25/10)   using some subtraction you can figure out how many coin will be mined for any particular day. Currently days is best approximated by 6.
It was only the wind.
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know "personal interests" (also known as making a living and having a computer to code on and a home in which to plug it in) was such a bad thing.

Let's talk about your personal interests - you want the product of our skilled work, but you don't want to pay for it. You want it for free - so you can make money, without a care for the people who made that possible.

In short, you can shove your community values right up your ass.
+1
I don't really have any coding skills and have to depend on if ever gpu miners are released, I have to agree with Wolf here. People assume free miners are a form of charity without realising the amount of work which needs to be put in.

Yes, it's a nice profit cycle, new coin with new algo, create miner, mine huge stash, sell miner, dump stash. Rince and repeat.

How about no one create any coins? No Cryptonite, no Litecoin, no Bitcoin. Go back to using fiat, because it's not like anyone's making profit there...

Oh, wait, except the bankers making millions while doing no useful work. That's A-okay in your book, right? But people who actually do skilled work to create a product, they don't deserve jack shit.
You are not going to win over jealousy and greed with reason, give it up.

I'm actually not trying to convince him - I'm putting my side out there so people who can actually reason might look at it and think, "huh, I didn't think about it like that before."

Obviously this guy just wants something for nothing, and convincing him of anything that involves someone making money other than him is hopeless, but I don't think everyone on the forums is that way.
legendary
What are we calling the atomic unit?   Grin

Freakoshi?

Moontoshi Cheesy

WINNER!
   Grin

But seriously, am I going to have to organize bounties for

1) pool
2) stratum
3) gpu miner
4) block explorer

myself?  Come on LazyNet, don't let me down!
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Just simple math, 243+ coins per block, 1 block every minute. If you want the price of 0.0005 "to be cheap", then you need 170-180 BTC each day to buy up all those XCN.

It kind of sounds like this price might be where it is at long term.  More exchanges would help but the more XCN that is mined the more likely it is that supply will outpace demand.

Or maybe I am not interpreting the info correctly...
It was only the wind.
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know "personal interests" (also known as making a living and having a computer to code on and a home in which to plug it in) was such a bad thing.

Let's talk about your personal interests - you want the product of our skilled work, but you don't want to pay for it. You want it for free - so you can make money, without a care for the people who made that possible.

In short, you can shove your community values right up your ass.
+1
I don't really have any coding skills and have to depend on if ever gpu miners are released, I have to agree with Wolf here. People assume free miners are a form of charity without realising the amount of work which needs to be put in.

Yes, it's a nice profit cycle, new coin with new algo, create miner, mine huge stash, sell miner, dump stash. Rince and repeat.

How about no one create any coins? No Cryptonite, no Litecoin, no Bitcoin. Go back to using fiat, because it's not like anyone's making profit there...

EDIT: I get really sick of the people who act like if you can, it's a fucking obligation to make and release fast miners to a community that wouldn't give you a nickel if you were homeless.
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
Anyone selling XCN here will pay 5.3k Sat per pm me

nobody gonna sell to you that cheap lol   try 50k

Actually I think 50k is quite cheap  Grin

There are 350k-360k new coins generated every day. At 50k we need around 180 BTC per day only for maintaining that price.

where are you getting these numbers?  hahah so false

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

Freakoshi?

Catoshi?

Nitoshi?

Nit?

the chip
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

nobody gonna sell to you that cheap lol   try 50k

Actually I think 50k is quite cheap  Grin

There are 350k-360k new coins generated every day. At 50k we need around 180 BTC per day only for maintaining that price.

where are you getting these numbers?  hahah so false
Activity: 300
Merit: 250

nobody gonna sell to you that cheap lol   try 50k

Actually I think 50k is quite cheap  Grin

It was only the wind.
People waiting == people waiting to mine coins that could be yours. Just a friendly reminder.

True. But those people are also taking on risk that I don't have.

With GPU miner without pool will be hard to deal with 100+ GPUs farms ( i have seen many in VTC while mining )

Gpu miners can be already in play -in 3 day mining with i7 3770k and i have 0 balance so i can tell you that CPU mining doesn't exist ( at least for me ).
Anyway like every where those who got GPU miner 1st behind scene will get big $$; x11... crypto night everywhere is same.

At the end coin can lose some fairness and cause it "clones" claim better distribution - lets just look at Bytecoin and Monero
if such situation will stay long next clone will get BIGGER attention and community at the end market share.

You don't 'get' a miner, you make it. Fair to the bone. Getting something for nothing is the unfairness.
I think, you made privat optimazed miner and don`t want to wolf reliz his. I am remember you close source GPU MMC miner and how you take 90% of all MMC net hashrate on your pool.

Wolf, relize you miner please it will be good for all Cryptonite communite.
What if one does not share the communite valuz?

lol, I like you.

I'm getting the feeling that these new exotic algo's are just for making the few display driver fiddling nerds rich. Maybe they will get rich, or maybe this time people have wised up and will just wait for a fork with established algo and miners/pools and will leave the insider miners exchanging coins between themselves.

Nope, because even right before ASICs came out for Scrypt, I was mining faster on AMD GPUs than everyone else.

How much faster? Even if it was 2x faster it's negligible compare to a new algo where everyone else is on CPU's. But I suppose you're right that nothing will change, fools will be giving their BTC to you.

Fools? They make profit.

The only people who are fools are miners that don't donate to open source dev. I would gladly do that instead.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
I have been mining this since launch with my CPU farm. I have to say, thank you for providing a coin that actually moves crypto currency further. I will continue to support this coin with hashes and my BTC on exchanges.

P.S. I found another block yesterday with one of my 8 core o/c'ed AMD 8150's. YAY!
legendary

Freakoshi?

Catoshi?

Nitoshi?

Nit?
Jump to: