Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 168. (Read 578501 times)

Activity: 211
Merit: 100
Honestly guys, if you read the pre-ann thread and the development thread, you'll see that these devs went out of their way to get this thing running as quickly and fairly as possible.  They wanted to make it so fair that it actually seems they forgot to pay themselves for the work.  I don't know them personally, but from what I've seen over the past month, I 100% believe them when they say they only mined 2 blocks each.  If you mine or buy some at this early stage, consider donating a bit to them.  Not only did they do a great job so far, they have a lot of work ahead of them.  It's the right thing to do.  Or, if you purely think of it terms of money, think of it as a good incentive for those doing all the work.  I just donated a portion of the coins I bought to bitfreak! and catia.
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
win8.1 still can't open the wallet,can you solve this problem.
It seems like other people have it running on 8.1, did you try running it in compatibility mode? Maybe try XP or Win7 mode.
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Catia (main dev here), posted that the standalone miner would report half the hashrate of the previous in-wallet miner, but that it was just a display bug, so performance is effectively unchanged. There's no practical way to verify the accuracy of the miner's performance since there are no pools yet.

Edit: To be clear: the bug was that earlier hashrate was incorrectly reported (too high). So now you get a smaller hashrate reported, but it should be accurate.

Cheers,
~ Myagui
Hix
legendary
Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036
Some new builds are up. http://gpile.it/mbc/

901 vintage has support for a standalone miner. The windows binary is included there. Source available at https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/Minerd
Standalone should have pretty much the same performance as wallet miner.

There was a bug in older builds that over-reported hash rate by a factor of 2. So don't freak out and think it's slower. Same speed, correct number.

How to use this standalone minerd?!

minerd --url http://127.0.0.1:RPCPORT/ --user RPCUSER --pass RPCPASSWORD --threads 2

but...use it solo 2hours with 100+ E3 1230V3 no block
Hashrate bigger or lower on standalone miner?
Activity: 173
this coin is a shit, people can't compile in linux, and also there's wrong chain on win wallet, but it's curious that there's too much hashpower at the beginning because somebody prepared for everything without any errors, but the rest with many errors, i'm out of this coin
Look, the simple fact is this coin is way more fair than any of the other pre-mined IPO bullshit that you'll get around here. We didn't prepare anything to intentionally fail, if we were looking to make a good profit we simply would have pre-mined. But we didn't, we did everything we could to ensure a fair launch. We designed the difficulty adjustment algorithm to adapt quickly and prevent an instamine, we posted this announcement thread literally seconds after we started mining ourselves (ask the people who were on IRC at the time or examine the blockchain yourself), we didn't have any pre-mine or any type of IPO crap, we posted a pre-announcement thread a week before launch, we did over a month of public beta testing to weed out bugs. I'm sorry that we had a faulty Windows build near the start, but it still didn't prevent Windows people from mining any of the first 440 blocks and we released a fix in about an hour after the problem was noticed. And I believe the problem compiling on linux was due to a bad github upload, but that problem was also promptly fixed and people are now compiling on linux fine.

Having said all that, let me get the door for you so I can see you out.

win8.1 still can't open the wallet,can you solve this problem.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I have extreme problems to understand how big the current block reward is - can anyone shortly clarify?
Activity: 211
Btc38 added XCN/BTC
http://www.btc38.com/trade_en.html?mk_type=btc&btc38_trade_coin_name=xcn

transaction fee: 0.1%
1% bonus at deposit and 1% withdrawl fee

service:
email:[email protected]

I can't believe this.  I've never seen a coin added by bter and btc38 in the first two days. Two of the largest exchanges, and the two largest exchanges in China.  Darkcoin took over two months to get listed on those exchanges and had to vote its way on.  
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
this coin is a shit, people can't compile in linux, and also there's wrong chain on win wallet, but it's curious that there's too much hashpower at the beginning because somebody prepared for everything without any errors, but the rest with many errors, i'm out of this coin
Look, the simple fact is this coin is way more fair than any of the other pre-mined IPO bullshit that you'll get around here. We didn't prepare anything to intentionally fail, if we were looking to make a good profit we simply would have pre-mined. But we didn't, we did everything we could to ensure a fair launch. We designed the difficulty adjustment algorithm to adapt quickly and prevent an instamine, we posted this announcement thread literally seconds after we started mining ourselves (ask the people who were on IRC at the time or examine the blockchain yourself), we didn't have any pre-mine or any type of IPO crap, we posted a pre-announcement thread a week before launch, we did over a month of public beta testing to weed out bugs. I'm sorry that we had a faulty Windows build near the start, but it still didn't prevent Windows people from mining any of the first 440 blocks and we released a fix in about an hour after the problem was noticed. And I believe the problem compiling on linux was due to a bad github upload, but that problem was also promptly fixed and people are now compiling on linux fine.

Having said all that, let me get the door for you so I can see you out.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1010
Blockchain engineer
A good coin which break the record.

congratulations!

Activity: 122
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
why xcn can launth btc38 and bter as same time

Not the same time, we did a reserch for two days and found it is very good coin.
the author have very good background.
Activity: 714
Crypti Community Manager
WTB XCN, PM me with your offer. I'm buying in bulks! Smiley
Activity: 154

笑而不语
Activity: 297
Merit: 250

Nope. Bter.com added one day ahead
Activity: 750
Merit: 511
Just quoting my post from the bottom of the last page because I think it's important information.
Yes, it's important. Thanks!
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
a slightly different format output than bitcoins (simpler, inputs / outputs not exists)
The transactions don't use scripts so they are much simpler, but they can have multiple inputs and/or outputs but I'm not sure if any transactions so far do. Keep in mind the inputs and outputs point to addresses, they don't point to other transactions like a normal bitcoin-based coin does.

Dev, will transaction info gone after 10000 blocks?
Will someone be kept full version of the blockchain (from 0 block)?
I'm sure lots of nodes will keep the full blockchain for one reason or another, it's their choice whether they want to delete old blocks or not. The network is basically designed to operate in "bitcoin mode" for the first two weeks, meaning all nodes will sync by downloading the full blockchain, but after that time it will switch over to "pruned mode", meaning brand new nodes will only require the previous 10k blocks to sync with the network and become a full node. It's going to be a bit scary when the switch happens but we've survived the switch before on the testnet during the month of testing we did. And I think catia has a plan to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Note: To free up disk space by deleting old blocks when we enter pruned mode you could just run resync to delete all the old data and start again, but we'll also have a prune/purge command which will delete old blocks without requiring a resync.
Just quoting my post from the bottom of the last page because I think it's important information.
Activity: 164
Activity: 594
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
dev

how about list this on bittrex or poloniex?

also coinmarketcap?
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
a slightly different format output than bitcoins (simpler, inputs / outputs not exists)
The transactions don't use scripts so they are much simpler, but they can have multiple inputs and/or outputs but I'm not sure if any transactions so far do. Keep in mind the inputs and outputs point to addresses, they don't point to other transactions like a normal bitcoin-based coin does.

Dev, will transaction info gone after 10000 blocks?
Will someone be kept full version of the blockchain (from 0 block)?
I'm sure lots of nodes will keep the full blockchain for one reason or another, it's their choice whether they want to delete old blocks or not. The network is basically designed to operate in "bitcoin mode" for the first two weeks, meaning all nodes will sync by downloading the full blockchain, but after that time it will switch over to "pruned mode", meaning brand new nodes will only require the previous 10k blocks to sync with the network and become a full node. It's going to be a bit scary when the switch happens but we've survived the switch before on the testnet during the month of testing we did. And I think catia has a plan to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible.

Note: To free up disk space by deleting old blocks when we enter pruned mode you could just run resync to delete all the old data and start again, but we'll also have a prune/purge command which will delete old blocks without requiring a resync.
Jump to: