Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 172. (Read 578501 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
0.1 btc  Grin

it should even replace btc...

ha. ok maybe some day.  but today, in terms of coin supply, and the coins specs etc....  what would be a fair price to sell for at BTER?

Parity with BTC given coin supply is about 0.01. Insert your judgement and price accordingly.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
0.1 btc  Grin

ha. ok maybe some day.  but today, in terms of coin supply, and the coins specs etc....  what would be a fair price to sell for at BTER?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
0.1 btc  Grin

has anyone does an analysis of where XCN should be in terms of exchange price?
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
how come this is already on exchange so fast, fishy coin we have here

remember the exchanges can do whatever the heck they want and list or delist anything at any time.  nothing to do with the devs.

yeah and they picked exactly this  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
i dont want to jump to any conclusions, but it seems like the early mining might not have been distributed that well.  one of the things i liked about this coin i show the launch seemed like it was going to spread the coins out more than IPO launches.  but i wonder if it did the opposite.  some people with massive CPU farms or botnets?

Theres no way to prevent that, theres always someone with more resources like you and well everyone can use for example cloudmining.

Since this happens on almost every single new coin it is worth pointing out that there is a way to prevent these kinds of very early mining issues when you are ramping up hash rate and difficulty from zero (with literally no chain history over which to run a difficulty retarget, so this is not exactly the same as a growing nethash later). You have the reward slowly ramp up over some time period (days to weeks) to avoid the extreme hash rate traffic jam at the beginning.

This also reduces the cost to people who can't mine at the very beginning due to various launch issues (builds that don't work on certain operating systems, etc.).

Too late for this coin but any future coins that want to avoid intentional or unintentional instamine issues at the very beginning should do this.

EDIT: credit to gmaxwell for the idea
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
We had statically linked binaries for awhile in the testing thread. It breaks address space layout randomization and you have to build with --disable-hardening. Ended up moving away from that for release and the dynamic binaries were available for testing. If  you follow the instructions for building bitcoin, like adding PPA, or using oldstable on debian, then the needed libraries are only an apt-get away. Of course doesn't work on different distro or different release.

For some reason the uploaded source would not compile. Afaict there is nothing missing, but alas it didn't work. I was in the process of cloning github and trying to build when it really hit the fan on windows. Things were hectic to say the least. Network hashrate during the storm was similar to what we have now, so it's not clear that the mined blocks in that period had significantly reduced difficulty in spite of various problems.

Standalone miner is something I'm working on now. We have setup thousands of nodes of seed capacity and it's not enough. Seems all the cloud miners are not accepting incoming connection and only about 1% of seed peers are reachable. Since all the miners are essentially locked down we need to get them off the network.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10

You're actually mining this shit?

Yes, I actually like this "shit".  Grin Unlike other new coins, devs are not hiding behind newbie accounts and they're genuinely helpful.

Had some luck and mined a few blocks last night, but I doubt I'll get anything today. Like many people here, sure I had problems with wallet, with linux source, etc... finally got it compiled in the end.

The thing I don't understand from the devs is why the precompiled linux binaries weren't statically linked so that people can grab and start mining right away?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
A better question to ask is when can we expect standalone miners and mining pools to show up?
If we all continue to mine like this, a lot of hashes are wasted.

if your not why bother posting?
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
A better question to ask is when can we expect standalone miners and mining pools to show up?

Activity: 115
Merit: 10
I had far less cpus and got far more blocks.

any recent blocks?
Activity: 532
With 50 CPUs I cannot get block... R U kidding me? CPU coin, yeah right....
I am VERY VERY disappointed. Only 2 blocks from start and then nothing for 12 hrs...

Revise your statement and do this coin right. This looks like BS to me.

I had far less cpus and got far more blocks.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
I am VERY VERY disappointed. Only 2 blocks from start and then nothing for 12 hrs...

There's already at least a gpu miner running...
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
can someone come up with an emission graph for the block reward? expected coins to be created vs a timeline.
Activity: 328
Merit: 250

New seed online 206.72.193.148
what does that mean?  should i add as a node?
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
New seed online 206.72.193.148

remember the exchanges can do whatever the heck they want and list or delist anything at any time.  nothing to do with the devs.
Hix
legendary
Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036
Very fast  Smiley
Jump to: