Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 171. (Read 578501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
how mach total coinsupply?
1.84 billion coins in total, half mined after 10 years.

One interesting aspect of the mini-blockchain scheme is that you can quickly check how many coins are left to mine because all block rewards are subtracted from the coinbase account. The address of the coinbase account is CGTta3M4t3yXu8uRgkKvaWd2d8DQvDPnpL and you can check the balance of the coinbase account like so:

listbalances 1 [\"CGTta3M4t3yXu8uRgkKvaWd2d8DQvDPnpL\"]

I checked it a few minutes ago and there were 1,843,923,137 XCN left to mine. You can calculate how many have been mined so far by subtracting the current balance from the starting balance. Since we have 64 bits of granularity and we use 10 decimal places, then the starting balance was about 1,844,674,407 XCN and the amount of coins mined so far is equal to:

1844674407 - 1843923137 = 751270

So 751k XCN mined so far if my math is correct.
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
Some new builds are up. http://gpile.it/mbc/

901 vintage has support for a standalone miner. The windows binary is included there. Source available at https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/Minerd
Standalone should have pretty much the same performance as wallet miner.

There was a bug in older builds that over-reported hash rate by a factor of 2. So don't freak out and think it's slower. Same speed, correct number.
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
how mach total coinsupply?
legendary
Activity: 1148
dev

how about list this on bittrex or poloniex?

also coinmarketcap?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
@Dev,please relaunch XCN
For the last and final time, we are not going to relaunch just because some Windows people missed an hour or two of early mining.

But you should relaunch because someone else mined more than I did.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
@Dev,please relaunch XCN
For the last and final time, we are not going to relaunch just because some Windows people missed an hour or two of early mining. And it wasn't until like block 443 that the Windows people forked, so they didn't really miss out on the early mining anyway. Furthermore, if we did relaunch, the amount of energy wasted would be absolutely huge compared to the insignificant amount wasted by Windows miners.
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
@Dev,please relaunch XCN
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
nice coin with high price....but i can mine nothing...
Activity: 141
Since Shinycoin started with only wallet mining, it had this exact same problem at launch: all the seed nodes were flooded with connections from AWS instances at the very start, so it was extremely difficult for anyone coming in late to sync up.  I'm running the cryptonite dameon right now and ~80% of my connections are used up by Amazon addresses!!  I'm going to modify my dameon to block EC2 network ranges right now.  It would be interesting if a "CPU only" coin would launch with them blocked in the official verison............

edit: just firewalled it.  Also noticed quite a few connections from okeanos.grnet.gr -- Academic research at its finest?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Everything in life is a fight over resources.

Yes but the extreme chaos of launches is easily avoided using the approach gmaxwell suggested to me (and I paraphrased above).

Slowly ramp up the rewards. The first day is always a cluster fuck. At best it is an honest cluster fuck, at worst we have some well known instamine scam coins.

Far better to simply reduce the value and significance of everything that happens very early.

Activity: 126
XC
WTS  10K=1BTC  PM ME Smiley
wenjiannin fucked his/her mother with mechanical tools.
Liar, shame on you.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
proof of work means, you do work and the more work you do the more you get paid. if someone does more work than you he gets paid more.
Nothing unfair about that.

of course technically you are right but...

come on... its a land grab and we all know it.  the only "work" being recognized is from the privileged few who got organized with giant rigs, or aws, to get early coins.  its not like they are securing a super active blockchain full of non-mining transactions.  they are just mining the sh*t out of it, to sell it on exchanges to people like me who are going to mine 1 block every 2 weeks.
Everything in life is a fight over resources. And I'm in exactly the same boat as you, I only have a crappy laptop and a gaming pc. Granted the gaming setup is a bit of a beast, but since I can only CPU mine there's not much point trying with such a high difficulty. I either have to rent out mining rigs or buy XCN directly. In fact I'm looking to buy about 1 or 2 thousand XCN if anyone is selling. I might try out Bter, looks like a decent exchange. And for those people who think there's something suspicious about Bter adding XCN to their exchange, I didn't even know about it until just now. I've been asleep for the last 9 hours and when I returned I had multiple PM's from Bter saying they had added XCN to their exchange.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
proof of work means, you do work and the more work you do the more you get paid. if someone does more work than you he gets paid more.

of course technically you are right but...

come on... its a land grab and we all know it.  the only "work" being recognized is from the privileged few who got organized with giant rigs, or aws, to get early coins.  its not like they are securing a super active blockchain full of non-mining transactions.  they are just mining the sh*t out of it, to sell it on exchanges to people like me who are going to mine 1 block every 2 weeks.

Activity: 532
not much action in the sales thread so wanted to inquire here if anyone is selling.  prices seem outrageous over at BTER.  so if any miners want to do bulk deals, please send me a PM thanks

The prices are high because this isn't a typical pump and dump. Welcome to auto adjusting difficulties

only a select few can mine successfully.  and now they will control the market.  not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

regular folks dont stand a chance of mining with their "CPU"

not going to stop me from buying, but this is almost less democratic than an IPO
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
not much action in the sales thread so wanted to inquire here if anyone is selling.  prices seem outrageous over at BTER.  so if any miners want to do bulk deals, please send me a PM thanks

The prices are high because this isn't a typical pump and dump. Welcome to auto adjusting difficulties
Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Because they didn't want everyone to be able to mine until they got all the low difficulty coins.  It's just another way to instamine/premine while looking like you're not.

I don't think that was their intentions, on the contrary, I think catia offered an honest explanation already.
Wallet mining sucks, and you probably should stop mining (if not already) and channel your energy into buying some coins from an exchange.
Ask yourself this, how many new coins has gained this much interest from Monero devs? Smiley I think Cryptonite has a bright future.
legendary
Activity: 1148
hard to mine this coin! Shocked
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

You're actually mining this shit?

Yes, I actually like this "shit".  Grin Unlike other new coins, devs are not hiding behind newbie accounts and they're genuinely helpful.

Had some luck and mined a few blocks last night, but I doubt I'll get anything today. Like many people here, sure I had problems with wallet, with linux source, etc... finally got it compiled in the end.

The thing I don't understand from the devs is why the precompiled linux binaries weren't statically linked so that people can grab and start mining right away?

Because they didn't want everyone to be able to mine until they got all the low difficulty coins.  It's just another way to instamine/premine while looking like you're not.
Jump to: