Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 174. (Read 578501 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Theres no way to prevent that, theres always someone with more resources like you and well everyone can use for example cloudmining.
It costs money like gpu mining or whatever else and its risky, it may or may not pay out in the end.

You depend on a lot of greedy miners to secure the network, thats it, the more greed the better basically in terms of network security Wink

Shaping up to be a really secure network then!

Well,

There are roughly around 1000 low/midrange cpus mining atm.
(Divide the nethash / yourminingspeed and you will see).

Activity: 658
My wallet windows qt is working but always on wrong chain. I deleted whole appdata directory and with every start always wrong chain. When I type getinfo into console it shows diff 1.0000. Is there something I am doing wrong or maybe to add nodes on config file?Huh

before you put too much effort in...  consider that it might take you a week+ to mine a single block.  the network seems to be dominated by pro miners.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
FreshTheGame
My wallet windows qt is working but always on wrong chain. I deleted whole appdata directory and with every start always wrong chain. When I type getinfo into console it shows diff 1.0000. Is there something I am doing wrong or maybe to add nodes on config file?Huh
Activity: 211
Merit: 100

Theres no way to prevent that, theres always someone with more resources like you and well everyone can use for example cloudmining.
It costs money like gpu mining or whatever else and its risky, it may or may not pay out in the end.

You depend on a lot of greedy miners to secure the network, thats it, the more greed the better basically in terms of network security Wink

Shaping up to be a really secure network then!
Activity: 212
how can i view total XCN supply?

The award is about 243. Use getblockcount which as of right now yields 2200 so 2200*243=534600 xcn right now

Really ? Blocks are being generated too fast, we're at 2200+ now but it is supposed to be around 900.

No its not, as long as the nethash grows there no way to be on "correct" difficulty, this takes some time. Making the diff too fast adjusting is dangerous.

is there a way to generate a "rich list" or somehow explore the wallet addresses. 

i dont want to jump to any conclusions, but it seems like the early mining might not have been distributed that well.  one of the things i liked about this coin i show the launch seemed like it was going to spread the coins out more than IPO launches.  but i wonder if it did the opposite.  some people with massive CPU farms or botnets?

is there a way to generate a "rich list" or somehow explore the wallet addresses. 

i dont want to jump to any conclusions, but it seems like the early mining might not have been distributed that well.  one of the things i liked about this coin i show the launch seemed like it was going to spread the coins out more than IPO launches.  but i wonder if it did the opposite.  some people with massive CPU farms or botnets?
Activity: 300
Merit: 250

The award is about 243. Use getblockcount which as of right now yields 2200 so 2200*243=534600 xcn right now

Really ? Blocks are being generated too fast, we're at 2200+ now but it is supposed to be around 900.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
When the trading platform, I want to buy it.

here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=713718.0

WTS  10K=1BTC  PM ME Smiley
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
The new way to instamine.  Give your buddies working builds and source so they can mine.  Post nonworking builds and source for everyone else.   Ignore requests for working nodes so that nobody else can sync up to the correct fork.  Claim everything is perfect.  I wouldn't have these thoughts if it wasn't for the amount of people.  Many of them long time members having problems compiling or getting synced up.  Then DEv says they have only mined 2 blocks themselves and all is good.  No relaunch.  It's your fault you used the binaries provided that won't sync to the correct fork.  You wasted your time?  Oh well.  Me and my buddies have most of the coins.  We're just waiting to get listed on exchange so we can dump and run.

The coin launch was a joke and a relaunch should have happened.

Dev says spent tens of thousands on development and launches with non working binaries and buggy source code that people couldn't compile.

Like I said earlier.  Could have been good but now it's just another shitcoin mined by a few people in on the scam.

I don't have many friends on this forum and I'll likely have even more enemies after this post but it's clear as day what's going on here.  This was a planned unfair launch so a few could get a jump on mining while the difficulty was low.  Even a blind monkey could see this.

Activity: 252
Assertion failed!

Program win64_cryptonite-qt_14072801.exe
File: trieview.cpp, Line 26

Expression: fread(&m_bestBlock,1,32,filein)>0

Dev, can you have a look at it?

Quite a lot of people encounter this problem, in win8.

DEV do not care about that, they just mining and sell!!
Activity: 174
Too difficult, the base is difficult to dig
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
All those nodes posted earlier seem to be saturated, I cannot get a  connection. Anyone have more nodes? People post your getpeerinfo.

Thanks.
Activity: 154
Assertion failed!

Program win64_cryptonite-qt_14072801.exe
File: trieview.cpp, Line 26

Expression: fread(&m_bestBlock,1,32,filein)>0

Dev, can you have a look at it?
There's no doubt that NUD is amazing.  As for XCN, it might be amazing, but I'm still unable to compile on ubuntu.
I'm just not sure '1st mini-blockchain implementation'?
I can't find any information about why the NUD blockchain is smaller than a normal blockchain. They have one sentence in the announcement thread claiming to have a smaller blockchain and then nothing to explain why it's smaller. It's extremely unlikely they've done anything to significantly lessen the size of the blockchain. I don't even think the NUD code is open source so you cannot check anything they claim.

nud is open source,at block 25000 only 21M
I think NUD is '1st mini-blockchain implementation' Grin,And NUD more innovative!!!!

sorry,i also think NUD is the first reduce blockchain coin.change your title please.

guys,you can download a nud wallet,and have a check.

dev,are you here?

NUD is nothin more than hot air, so please do us a favour and keeo the talk here on topic, cryptonite is def. one of interesting projects so don't dilute the information here with scam coin advertising.
Activity: 378
Merit: 258
If I mine with I7-4930K 3.4GHz, 16G CPU, how many blocks can I mine per day roughly?

No one can tell that. I mine for 9h and now finnaly find one block  Smiley
28.7.2014 14:25
Source: Generated
Credit: 243.0389453736 XCN
Net amount: +243.0389453736 XCN

I7 477K on 3.5GHz
Activity: 354
the hash difficult are so strong....
Jump to: