Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 178. (Read 578501 times)

Activity: 189
Merit: 100
0 active connection(s)
Activity: 378
Merit: 258
Activity: 494
Merit: 250
Is it a test net now?
Anyway looks very promising
No this is the real thing. Testing is over.

How to mine?
Any miner yet? just setgenerate true?
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
Is it a test net now?
No this is the real thing. Testing is over.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Is it a test net now?
Activity: 300
There's no doubt that NUD is amazing.  As for XCN, it might be amazing, but I'm still unable to compile on ubuntu.
I'm just not sure '1st mini-blockchain implementation'?
I can't find any information about why the NUD blockchain is smaller than a normal blockchain. They have one sentence in the announcement thread claiming to have a smaller blockchain and then nothing to explain why it's smaller. It's extremely unlikely they've done anything to significantly lessen the size of the blockchain. I don't even think the NUD code is open source so you cannot check anything they claim.

nud is open source,at block 25000 only 21M
I think NUD is '1st mini-blockchain implementation' Grin,And NUD more innovative!!!!

NUD still use original blockchain model, not mini-blockchain scheme like Cryptonite. You must provide technical evidence to prove your claim.

NUD also promise 'complete anonymity' but appearently it's just a promise.
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
@ajeef : So where can I find the source for NUD?

@suppersz: I can guarantee you NUD is nothing like the mini-blockchain, we only released the source today, and the wiki is an extremely simplified explanation of how it works and is missing many important details, so it couldn't possibly be anything like the mini-blockchain scheme.
pm you.i think we don't need to talk about NUD here
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
If you read the white paper, which is like kind of what you should maybe do before mining or investing in a coin. You will see that the MBC does not even really have a block chain. It uses a giant hash trie of account balances. Similar in principle to the proposed Bitcoin Ultimate Blockchain Compression UTXO deal. We also have an extra layer of compression by merging UTXO's into single accounts. As far as I know, there is no real implementation of the ultimate utxo compressor anyways. While the ideas have been talked about for years, with different names and twists, and even alluded to by Satoshi himself,  nobody has actually built it before now.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
So windows wallet had no mine function at launch? Nice.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
@ajeef : So where can I find the source for NUD?

@suppersz: I can guarantee you NUD is nothing like the mini-blockchain, we only released the source today, and the wiki is an extremely simplified explanation of how it works and is missing many important details, so it couldn't possibly be anything like the mini-blockchain scheme.
Activity: 612
Merit: 500
How to mine this coin?

Got the answer
Activity: 336
There is a day to be born, and another to die
There's no doubt that NUD is amazing.  As for XCN, it might be amazing, but I'm still unable to compile on ubuntu.
I can't find any information about why the NUD blockchain is smaller than a normal blockchain. They have one sentence in the announcement thread claiming to have a smaller blockchain and then nothing to explain why it's smaller. It's extremely unlikely they've done anything to significantly lessen the size of the blockchain. I don't even think the NUD code is open source so you cannot check anything they claim.

I think NUD is '1st mini-blockchain implementation' Grin,And NUD more innovative!!!!
Activity: 728
Merit: 251

Activity: 76
Merit: 0
去你妈逼的中国石家庄傻比,操你大爷,花点BTC搞了个莫须有的破算法出来忽悠,插你妈逼,浪费老子电费!!!死全家!!!

To you CrazyLeoW down to Grandpa lick, you know you, grass you
Activity: 300
i think we should get an open source (or closed source but at least public) GPU miner for this coin ASAP. Although this coin is currently CPU-mining but the algorithm is not GPU-resistant. Don't let some programmer with private GPU miner mining sizable amount of new coins.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution

EDIT: it is open source and based on a quick glance it definitely appears to use the original blockchain model.
Activity: 252
Relaunch!!!!!

Ok???

You intentionally publish false wallet,does not publish the correct node. and you premine the coin.

They didn't know about the error in the windows wallet because an incredibly high difficulty was needed to reach the error. The testnet hashrate got nowhere near what was needed.

Need some nodes? http://pastebin.com/wtr9zS1S

What proof do you have that the dev premined?

Please tell me the real reason they do not want to relaunch.
Activity: 212

+1 for the translation was great. haha
Activity: 126
XC
Activity: 175
Merit: 104
Relaunch!!!!!

Ok???

You intentionally publish false wallet,does not publish the correct node. and you premine the coin.

They didn't know about the error in the windows wallet because an incredibly high difficulty was needed to reach the error. The testnet hashrate got nowhere near what was needed.

Need some nodes? http://pastebin.com/wtr9zS1S

What proof do you have that the dev premined?
Jump to: