Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 63. (Read 578501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1198
Merit: 1000
I think the AMD miner is limited to 1GH pool.
Just keep that in mind...
Can anyone investigate how/why?
cause the fee of 5% using this miner : the miner switch between the user XCN address & the dev XCN address
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Can anyone investigate how/why?
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Crashing started again for me. Now it crashes every few hours, more and more frequently. Only thing that solves it for a while is to completely resync which takes a looong time as it is only using 1 CPU core...

Same problem, can't sync at all, tried from scratch on two different computers.

Finally got the wallets back up and synced, but now this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6xt3mkmc3r34dl/Clipboard01.png?dl=0

Closed the wallet, and it's up again, but a bit worried now...

UPDATE: Second error message after the first one. The wallet runs fine for an hour or two, then it crashes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xl87oqwwp4acuhf/Clipboard02.png?dl=0
legendary
Activity: 1536
electronic [r]evolution
Possibly an official pool? Perhaps me/wolf0/xcn for 0.5%/0.5%/1%?

Bitfreak: Not interested in an official pool? I thought you might want some extra dev fund income for at least the short term. Would also probably be in the interest of any existing (non-1gh) pools to partner up with you.
Too many things to worry about with running a pool, it's not a simple undertaking if done properly, and I'd rather not have to concern myself constantly with the smooth operation of pool, I've already got enough things to worry about. It's best left to the people with experience in running pools imo.
Activity: 85
Merit: 11
Possibly an official pool? Perhaps me/wolf0/xcn for 0.5%/0.5%/1%?

Bitfreak: Not interested in an official pool? I thought you might want some extra dev fund income for at least the short term. Would also probably be in the interest of any existing (non-1gh) pools to partner up with you.
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
Activity: 303
Merit: 250
The RAID in their server broke, twice I think.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8976343

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Looks like they're up and all is right again.

Pro tip to the website operator is a small simple static page can work wonders in downtime but glad they got it right.
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Just kind of surprising to see no fucks given about one pool owning 90% of hashrate.
I doubt it has 90% of the hash rate just because it's at the top of a list, it's pretty hard to miss the other pools just under it. I'm guessing the real reason has more to do with the fact that 1GH is the most widely supported pool in GPU miners.

We could always use more miners at nonce-pool, we have been realatively well for our small hash rate, our pool supports all current miners, amd and nvidia.
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
@jwinterm: Please consider some solo miners for those stats if you will (myself is one) Tongue
Cheers!

TheBlockFactory estimate of network hashrate should include solo miners, myagui, it's just based on network difficulty (I assume).

True. Just thinking that the nethash estimate is not a reliable reference point, but I guess that in the overall scheme of things, it doesn't change the split percentages by anything much. Just noticed that I'm larger than pool #3 (and I'm down one GPU), yay!  Grin

PS: my point about nethash estimate being a bad reference, is precisely in regards to the post above mine... I had my post all written up by then, oh well.  Smiley
legendary
@jwinterm: Please consider some solo miners for those stats if you will (myself is one) Tongue
Cheers!

TheBlockFactory estimate of network hashrate should include solo miners, myagui, it's just based on network difficulty (I assume).
correct. But the difficulty can take hours to adjust if significant hashrate come or leave the network
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
good news! price reflecting it
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Cheers!

legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Cheers!
legendary
theblocksfactory just got a big downtime due to hardware issue : lost >80 % of miners on the xcn pool Sad
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
How many coins would you get in a day on a single 280x?
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Just kind of surprising to see no fucks given about one pool owning 90% of hashrate.
I doubt it has 90% of the hash rate just because it's at the top of a list, it's pretty hard to miss the other pools just under it. I'm guessing the real reason has more to do with the fact that 1GH is the most widely supported pool in GPU miners.

Whatever the reason I wasn't exaggerating when I said 90%:

1GH - 9975 Mh/s
TheBlocksFactor - 15 Mh/s
NoncePool - 192 Mh/s
Supernove - 0 Mh/s

TheBlocksFactory shows the network hashrate at 9710 Mh/s, so apparently 1 GH is over 100% of the network hashrate Tongue
I understand it's just a guesstimate based on diff, but clearly over 90%, probably over 95%.
legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io
hmm noone mining at Suprnova .. sad

I was the last pool...  That's just how it is..  Miners dont switch later on Wink

Just saw that other 2 pools have about 10 miners in count, and everyone else is mining at 1GH. Lol..
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

I was the last pool...  That's just how it is..  Miners dont switch later on Wink
legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io
legendary
Activity: 1536
electronic [r]evolution
Pages:
Jump to: