Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 60. (Read 578501 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
I'm uncertain why the price just started to fall, considering I just announced I'll be doing a Beyond Bitcoin interview and creating a booth at an upcoming virtual cryptocurrency conference. People are constantly saying we need more promotion and coverage, and as soon as I do something about it the price falls. So much for good news having a positive affect on the price.

The 30k BTC AskWhale took down a lot of coins, and ATM XCP/XMR are on the warpath sucking in what little brave alt capital remains.

The market hates uncertainties, which lack of regular XCN updates exacerbate.  That's why I suggested a roadmap (with bi/weekly updates to the perennial favorite question "Are we there yet?"). 

A white paper on the interaction of Minichains with CoinShuffle would be gold!
  Everyone is going to ask you about it, so why not produce an exhaustive, definitive answer to which we can refer them?   Wink

Any idea if the price has fallen below the cost to mine on Amazon, and if so by how much?

The price is down by a large percentage, but on light volume, suggesting almost all miners and speculators are still in accumulate/HLOD mode.   Cool
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
I don't mind the price staying low for a long time, as a good coin needs a substantial distribution phase to seed an ecosystem and create a broad base of stakeholders.
Yes I completely agree, although I'm uncertain why the price just started to fall, considering I just announced I'll be doing a Beyond Bitcoin interview and creating a booth at an upcoming virtual cryptocurrency conference. People are constantly saying we need more promotion and coverage, and as soon as I do something about it the price falls. So much for good news having a positive affect on the price.
legendary
CoinShuffle protocol is compatible with the MBC Scheme, and at some point we will start focusing on anonymity features

Woohoo!  That's great news.   Cool

I don't mind the price staying low for a long time, as a good coin needs a substantial distribution phase to seed an ecosystem and create a broad base of stakeholders.

OTOH, a roadmap that includes CoinShuffle may help keep our spirits up on the journey.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
This coin should have really gone with btcd's supernet or have its own coinjoin anonymity
As I mentioned a page or two ago, the CoinShuffle protocol is compatible with the MBC Scheme, and at some point we will start focusing on anonymity features, but it's not a high priority for us right now. The anonymity scheme proposed by the supernet people just wasn't convincing to me and many other people felt the same way, so I'd rather play it safe until they have proven the supernet can work as they claim.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
This coin doesn't need a "pressure for pumping" approach, BUT it definitely needs some news coverage. That's simply because it needs a bigger user-base and economy to survive..
At least the mini-bloackchain concept and practice could be mentioned in one of coindesk or btcmagazine regular alts reports, but they are probably too busy with other stuffs like maidsafe, ethereum or swarm kind of  IPO adevertisements, or speculating the BTC price destiny. They treated Nxt the same way by ignoring it during the last 10 months or so.
Perhaps somebody closer should try to wake them up!?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
This coin should have really gone with btcd's supernet or have its own coinjoin anonymity or something to compliment its already existing mini blockchain(since doge apparently captured that market, and for xcn to take over the tipping niche from doge, it needs a large community as well).... In order to rise coin prices you have to add on news or updates(similar to evan duffields approach with darkcoin)

Damn.. well bye.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
I'd like to see peer review covering just how safe they are, and what assumptions underlie this. I really don't have time to analyze it carefully myself, and I haven't seen anyone else do so. It is certainly a claim of a valuable feature, but let's see some vetting.
Well it's not that hard to understand really if you understand how withdrawal limits work. The basic idea is that when a transaction comes from an address which has a withdrawal limit preventing the address from being quickly emptied, then a merchant can have much more confidence in any transactions received from that address since the merchant knows how many blocks they have before the customers address can be emptied out. As long as the merchant can get the transaction they received from the customer into a block before that amount of time, the merchant is guaranteed to get paid.

The one issue with the idea is that an attacker may be able to prevent the merchant from getting their transaction into a block by flooding the network with high-fee transactions which may get priority status from miners. The general approach for solving this problem is to make sure that older transactions always get priority over new transactions, although I'm unsure exactly how well it's implemented in Cryptonite and how well it will work in practice because I haven't done a whole lot of testing with withdrawal limits. Another approach recently suggested involves contracts between merchants and pools, but I forget the details.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
I decided to create a new video explaining the MBC Scheme, it should be clearer and easier to understand than the last video.

Overview of the Mini-blockchain Scheme
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
With respect to marketing there is only one brief point that has to be made clear.

Step 1) Make sure the audience understands the siignificance of a small blockchain and point out that only xcn has it.

Step 2) If necessary repeat step 1 but talk louder and wave your arms around.

Anything more than that or less than that is probably a mistake.

The small blockchain is a neat feature, but XCN's real killer innovation is enabling safe zero-confirmation transactions.

*waves arms*

I'd like to see peer review covering just how safe they are, and what assumptions underlie this. I really don't have time to analyze it carefully myself, and I haven't seen anyone else do so. It is certainly a claim of a valuable feature, but let's see some vetting.

Activity: 773
Merit: 508
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
wish i had some btc... now is a great time to buy xcn!
legendary
With respect to marketing there is only one brief point that has to be made clear.

Step 1) Make sure the audience understands the siignificance of a small blockchain and point out that only xcn has it.

The small blockchain is a neat feature, but XCN's real killer innovation is enabling safe zero-confirmation transactions.

*waves arms*
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Looks like the Beyond Bitcoin interview will be happening. I also plan to create a "virtual booth" in an upcoming virtual cryptocurrency conference. Hopefully these two events should do quite a bit to help boost the awareness of Cryptonite. This is really the type of exposure we need, not paid advertisements which everyone ignores.

Any interest in giving a talk on MBC and XCN at a conference?
I was offered a spot to speak at the upcoming virtual conference, but there's nothing I can say which isn't already explained in the wiki and the video I uploaded earlier. I'd rather have a real time conversation about the mini-blockchain scheme, which is what I plan to do on Beyond Bitcoin. I will create a virtual booth but I doubt I will speak, I'd rather do the speaking on Beyond Bitcoin.

legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io
stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333
This stratum is down , only failover EU serwer works...
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Looks like the Beyond Bitcoin interview will be happening. I also plan to create a "virtual booth" in an upcoming virtual cryptocurrency conference. Hopefully these two events should do quite a bit to help boost the awareness of Cryptonite. This is really the type of exposure we need, not paid advertisements which everyone ignores.

@psychofractor: try the same thing I told hamer-xx to do.

Thanks, bitfreak, it is up and runnning. I went through x number of strange error messages, locked database files and crashes. Finally I found that the wallet was corrupted, probably because of alle the crashes, but I managed to salvage it.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
The top 100 cryptos now have 9! coins starting with X. that's more than x2 twice the rate of random distribution.
very confusing...
That's because starting a currency code with an X is the ISO standard for a currency which is global/nationless.
Activity: 291
Merit: 250
bitfreak, but they are right about marketing. Not a lot people are aware of cryptonite right now, and the name of this coin makes people confused too.

Quoted for emphasis!

X2 Quoted for emphasis on the NAME

BUT imho the ticker should also be changed.

I mean - i hold XCN and i myself can't remember the ticker, and get confused with so many other coins that start with the letter X.
The top 100 cryptos now have 9! coins starting with X. that's more than x2 twice the rate of random distribution.
very confusing...

XMR - monero
XRP  - ripple
XCP - counterparty
XPM - primecoin
XDN - darknote
XST - stealthcoin
XCR - crypti
XDP - dogeparty
XCH - clearinghouse

legendary
electronic [r]evolution

I was offered a spot to speak at the upcoming virtual conference, but there's nothing I can say which isn't already explained in the wiki and the video I uploaded earlier. I'd rather have a real time conversation about the mini-blockchain scheme, which is what I plan to do on Beyond Bitcoin. I will create a virtual booth but I doubt I will speak, I'd rather do the speaking on Beyond Bitcoin.
legendary

You just need a catchy title like 'Rounding the Triangle: Mini Blockchains, Account Trees, and the Holy Grail of Safe Zero Confirmation Tx.'   Cool

You literally need to draw people a (Powerpoint) picture of potential killer applications for the technology to get the ball rolling.

In the meantime, a faucet might help increase awareness.  I'd be happy to donate to one.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution

@psychofractor: try the same thing I told hamer-xx to do.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
Wallet out of sync.What is the problem ?

Same here, not syncing...
Pages:
Jump to: