Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 70. (Read 578501 times)

Activity: 309
Merit: 250
Having problems with wallet crashing, I have done the qt and dll updates, deleted conf file all except wallet dat. Am I missing something?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
‘Try to be nice’
Should have kept it a Nvidia based coin, now that the China AMD farms have it it will tank.

But yeah, like how the chinese killed Bitcoin, Litecoin and Darkcoin with their miners and stuff. They are really out to get that 0.1BTC profit.

The coin was so huge and then the chinese came and killed it. Even letting nvidia miners was too much, we should only have allowed a specific card with special drivers to mine it and also have every single miner fill in an application before they are allowed that driver. That's how you really make it successful! Close access to everyone expect a chosen few.

indeed i have many times said "let the market work" - the people always talk about a free market except when they involved, then they talk a lot about what should help them. (of course)
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Me, Me, Me!  Grin
~ Myagui
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
Should have kept it a Nvidia based coin, now that the China AMD farms have it it will tank.

But yeah, like how the chinese killed Bitcoin, Litecoin and Darkcoin with their miners and stuff. They are really out to get that 0.1BTC profit.

The coin was so huge and then the chinese came and killed it. Even letting nvidia miners was too much, we should only have allowed a specific card with special drivers to mine it and also have every single miner fill in an application before they are allowed that driver. That's how you really make it successful! Close access to everyone expect a chosen few.

"a choosen few"
and who chooses?

Your flux sarcasm detector is not at maximum overdrive I take it.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

"a choosen few"
and who chooses?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io
Just waiting my couple GTX980s arriving soon Smiley
Activity: 494
Merit: 500
Activity: 215
Merit: 102
people we mustn't push the dev coz he is working hard.Be patience guys!

+1 Bitfreak is doing awesome work. Nobody has a right to push him. He is reliable and constantly communicating with the community without any brainless hyped claims. In fact, I didnt see any Altcoin dev with that mature and reliable behavior so far.

XCN has a more innovative tech than 99% of the copycoins out there. But it provides no anon yet which is a must have standard feature nowadays.  While I agree that this coin really doesnt need to focus on a fancy superspecial anon solution like all the other coins, wouldnt it be possible to implement a simple mixer solution from an existing anoncoin without the need for a complete new rollout/blockchain? Guess the community would be more than happy to crowdfund a further dev for this, as we saw the impact on price when there were merely talks about a possible XCN cooperation with BTCD/Supernetwork.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Ok I have release the web wallet I mentioned a few pages back. Like I said before, it doesn't support client side wallet encryption so I suggest only using it as an alternative to Qt by running it on your own local Apache server. It is fully capable of acting as an online web wallet however, and should anyone attempt it, make sure you force https connections. It requires PHP 5.4 or greater and the latest cryptonited revision (no binaries available yet, you'll have to compile it yourself using source from github).

Web Wallet: https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/WebWalletQtAlt

Reasons to use it:
* check and change withdrawal limits
* get better control over tx inputs and outputs
* take advantage of the built-in explorer
* easily check stats like coin supply, block reward, etc.

My next task is to create a simple open source block explorer, which shouldn't take me very long because I've already had to write a lot of the code for the basic explorer which is built into the web wallet. Then after that I'll create a fork of the web wallet which supports client side encryption (like the blockchain.info web wallet), but the block explorer is more important so I need to get that done first. The multi-sig tools section of the web wallet also needs to be expanded but that can wait too.

Just saw this post and looked at bitfreak's history and decided I'm too paranoid. This coin and its creator look pretty clean. In fact it does look like the best coin I've seen so far. Add some kind of optional anonymity feature and it would pass litecoin in marketcap by next week.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
So far it looks like one of the best altcoins but a word of caution.

The fact that the block explorer has been down for some time, and that there is only one block explorer, should give pause.

When there is only one explorer the person who runs it runs the coin.

When there is no explorer a person is being asked to trust too much.
Activity: 798
‘Try to be nice’
legendary
Activity: 1536
electronic [r]evolution
Ok I made a video as requested earlier in this thread:

Brief Overview of the Mini-Blockchain Scheme
Activity: 152
Merit: 100
people we mustn't push the dev coz he is working hard.Be patience guys!
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Hope to see the explorer soon, it has taken so long time .
Still waiting for it , any ETA ?
Sorry I've been side tracked with other stuff for the past few days but I should get something released within the next week.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
My main concern is that if mini blockchain does work. If it works, then Monero can adopt this. Then value of XCN will not rise as fast

Monero will not be able to magically adopt XCN's mini-blockchain technology. Blending the two is no where near that simple--if even possible.

The XMR devs have already said it's not possible. Ring signatures somehow prevent this. I have no idea why, but they should know.

You can't simply drop all of the old portion of the block chain as XCN does because:

1. Due to the privacy features, it isn't clear what is spent and what isn't spent.

2. The possibly-spent outputs are still used and useful for mixing, so even if you could drop them, you wouldn't necessarily want to.

Regarding scripting, Monero theoretically has its own simple form of scripting (not Bitcoin scripting), but even that isn't used and may not even be fully implemented (and might be dropped or changed). So that part wouldn't necessarily be an obstacle.

Simply taking the mini-blockchain design from XCN and grafting it onto Monero without changes is impossible. We do have our own ideas for lightening the blockchain that are in some vague ways comparable to XCN, but in any case that is not a near-term development priority.

legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Any coin that uses transaction scripting, which is basically all altcoins, cannot support the mini-blockchain scheme.
legendary
My main concern is that if mini blockchain does work. If it works, then Monero can adopt this. Then value of XCN will not rise as fast

Monero will not be able to magically adopt XCN's mini-blockchain technology. Blending the two is no where near that simple--if even possible.

The XMR devs have already said it's not possible. Ring signatures somehow prevent this. I have no idea why, but they should know.

I think maybe ANC (anoncoin) might be able to do it. They are ready to release their implementation of zerocoin in little over a month.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Activity: 896
Anonymity+Mini blockchain.

Pages:
Jump to: