Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 74. (Read 578501 times)

Activity: 585
Merit: 500
What's the point of putting cryptonite on supernet? How are other coins going to take advantage of cryptonite's mini blockchain? I'm of the opinion that supernet is infeasible vaporware or possibly an outright scam, but willing to listen if someone could explain how other coins could use cryptonite's defining feature - the mini blockchain.

This is a great question.

I have recently found XCN and now mine (thanks gang for the AMD miner  Wink) because I think the "mini blockchain" is a great innovation (as well as tx malleability and withdrawal limits). I think of how to answer your question. If and only IF XCN's mini chain could be applicable to ALL coins in the teleporting network - that's value added. An a non-technical (non-coder) person, I don't know how this can be done. However, I do know jl777's vision is to integrate a "dark" network with all the best features of alts.

The four coins now part of the core are BTCD (teleport tech), BBR (onion routing for anon entry into teleport), VCN (fiat <--> coin conversion), and of course NXT for his other tech: privacybet, instadex, mgw, etc. Now, if the XCN tech of miniblockchain could be added to these ideal technologies/BTC improvements, then of course this would be huge for supernet.

I ramble and do not answer your question: smarter people than I need to explain this possibility. But I agree that XCN could improve greatly the supernet, whatever it is or will be...

Edit: is it too much to ask bitfreak! to ask james via PM about this possibility? Last I read, bitfreak! was against an integration idea...is this true?

Edit 2: maybe the supernet is seen by devs as "greed driven trend" as explained in the OP?

Edit 3: just found this post...

OK, it seems clear no interest

Supernetwork IPO on Poloniex
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8592943
I didn't say I had no interest in the whole supernetwork thing, that does seem like an interesting idea. I just don't think the anonymity scheme you have developed is very compelling, it has too many assumptions which will never hold true in the real world, double spending prevents it from working as you imagine.

So maybe it's more about supernet currently being vaporware. Are you certain about this double spend issue?

[me]...continuing to read this tread[/me]
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
What's the point of putting cryptonite on supernet? How are other coins going to take advantage of cryptonite's mini blockchain? I'm of the opinion that supernet is infeasible vaporware or possibly an outright scam, but willing to listen if someone could explain how other coins could use cryptonite's defining feature - the mini blockchain.
Activity: 770
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Supernet Cryptonite  would be great for Cryptonite Supernet.

fixed  Wink
Activity: 770
Supernet would be great for Cryptonite.
Activity: 644
Merit: 251
This coin is the true innovation.
Hope amd miners could share it.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

I just hope that the AMD miners that join XCN, realize the massive potential for this little known coin, and don't just simply dump all their mined coins into the market. There's way too many dumpfarms AMD farms out there... On the other hand, I suppose that mass dumping will also increase the distribution spread, and time will tell if that is a wise decision or not.  Wink

~ Myagui
The performance is poor.
5.6 Mh/s for a 280x + the dev is taking 5 % fee of your mining.

Another 2% if mining at 1gh.
legendary
Activity: 1198
Merit: 1000

I just hope that the AMD miners that join XCN, realize the massive potential for this little known coin, and don't just simply dump all their mined coins into the market. There's way too many dumpfarms AMD farms out there... On the other hand, I suppose that mass dumping will also increase the distribution spread, and time will tell if that is a wise decision or not.  Wink

~ Myagui
The performance is poor.
5.6 Mh/s for a 280x + the dev is taking 5 % fee of your mining.
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

I just hope that the AMD miners that join XCN, realize the massive potential for this little known coin, and don't just simply dump all their mined coins into the market. There's way too many dumpfarms AMD farms out there... On the other hand, I suppose that mass dumping will also increase the distribution spread, and time will tell if that is a wise decision or not.  Wink

~ Myagui
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
pallas, do you know of any good linux support threads? I am trying to in install it on a dual boot and am having problems.

Sorry, I've been running on Linux-only for many years now, no experience on recent windows versions...
Activity: 494
pallas, do you know of any good linux support threads? I am trying to in install it on a dual boot and am having problems.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
donator
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1325
Miners developer
Activity: 85
Merit: 11
After further investigation GetBlockTemplate does return a coinbase tx that pays to the default receive address (./cryptonited getaccountaddress ""). This is workable. It would still be nice if you could specify each coinbase txout address/amount but it is not a high priority issue.

Coinbase transactions only allow a single output. Would be nice if there was a way to specify which address though. The supposed goal of stratum is to allow miners to modify txset which is going to be impossible without a copy of the trie.

Understood, thanks. Not worried about miners selecting transactions. Just trying to get cryptonite running on coinium without too much modification.
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
After further investigation GetBlockTemplate does return a coinbase tx that pays to the default receive address (./cryptonited getaccountaddress ""). This is workable. It would still be nice if you could specify each coinbase txout address/amount but it is not a high priority issue.

Coinbase transactions only allow a single output. Would be nice if there was a way to specify which address though. The supposed goal of stratum is to allow miners to modify txset which is going to be impossible without a copy of the trie.
Bitfreak,

I'd like to create a stratum pool that uses the GetBlockTemplate RPC command. The problem is that when you create a coinbase tx you need to recalculate the AccountRootHash. This seems impractical to do on the pool server.

What I think it would need is a modified GetBlockTemplate that accepts coinbase txouts as arguments. This would enable it to return the correct precalculated AccountRootHash.

Am I understanding this correctly? If so would this be a change you'd consider?

I could potentially create the patch myself if you are interested.

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Bitfreak,

I'd like to create a stratum pool that uses the GetBlockTemplate RPC command. The problem is that when you create a coinbase tx you need to recalculate the AccountRootHash. This seems impractical to do on the pool server.

What I think it would need is a modified GetBlockTemplate that accepts coinbase txouts as arguments. This would enable it to return the correct precalculated AccountRootHash.

I am interested in this too, as I did not got getblocktemplate to work too (at least not @ mainnet)
Bitfreak,

Activity: 269
Merit: 250
can someone compile me the new webwallet for win 64bit Smiley

everyone remember to tweet @BittrexExchange about adding #XCN
Pages:
Jump to: