Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 89. (Read 578501 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
waiting for AMD mining software
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
So but there is still no open source stratum implementation for this ? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
Catia is apparently the lead developer, would be nice if he could reach out a bit more to the community and give us a status report. Perhaps there are even people who are willing to help out with development.

Yes. Perhaps a weekly newsletter like Monero does. That really keeps the interrest up.

And a clear roadmap so everyone can see where it's going.
Exactly, this project needs to be kept open to the public. It's clearly the lack of enthusiasm that is the problem here, if this coin is going to outlast future setbacks it will need a supportive community.
I already mentioned a few pages back I'm working on an open source web wallet and a simple block explorer. Next job for Catia is to optimize slice sharing by storing a 2nd copy of the account tree in memory which is synchronized to 10k blocks in the past. That way the slices will already be ready to serve when they are needed and they wont have to be generated on the fly, which is quite an expensive operation. The next release of Cryptonite will also include another optional message argument at the end of the createrawtransaction command.

That's good, but most people will not find this buried in a huge thread. Have you consirered having a newsletter, weekly updates, or something similiar that we can find in the OP?
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
Catia is apparently the lead developer, would be nice if he could reach out a bit more to the community and give us a status report. Perhaps there are even people who are willing to help out with development.

Yes. Perhaps a weekly newsletter like Monero does. That really keeps the interrest up.

Exactly, this project needs to be kept open to the public. It's clearly the lack of enthusiasm that is the problem here, if this coin is going to outlast future setbacks it will need a supportive community.
I already mentioned a few pages back I'm working on an open source web wallet and a simple block explorer. Next job for Catia is to optimize slice sharing by storing a 2nd copy of the account tree in memory which is synchronized to 10k blocks in the past. That way the slices will already be ready to serve when they are needed and they wont have to be generated on the fly, which is quite an expensive operation. The next release of Cryptonite will also include another optional message argument at the end of the createrawtransaction command.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
The problem here was you never got any support when trying to support the coin..

I'd like to start a pool for it but noone helped with the stratum implementation for it, nobody open sourced it..

1gh wanted to earn all the fee. Which is 2%. They pretty much earn 2% of current coin supply because everyone mine there and they can dump at any price.

they dumped already, the price crashed because of them also, rising the fee when you are the only pool, is greedy
0% fee : http://xcn.theblocksfactory.com/

yeah , good pool but the coin is not profitable anymore to me, i can't mine at loss
Activity: 342
The problem here was you never got any support when trying to support the coin..

I'd like to start a pool for it but noone helped with the stratum implementation for it, nobody open sourced it..

1gh wanted to earn all the fee. Which is 2%. They pretty much earn 2% of current coin supply because everyone mine there and they can dump at any price.

they dumped already, the price crashed because of them also, rising the fee when you are the only pool, is greedy

nice timing on that post, if there was an AMD miner, id mine there  Wink
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

legendary
Activity: 1198

legendary

no news for this  coin,

i think the last news is "DEAD, NEXT" LOL  Grin
That's really bad news.
I don't see any reason why to call this one dead. There are like 3 coins in total that has any innovation at all, and Cryptonite is easily the most exiting of them all.
People in general however, seem more interested in edgy promises than actual innovations. Look at for example cloakcoin, cryptcoin, and the rest of never ending preposterous attempts.

A small blockchain is a major advancement in the technology, and requires actual programming skills.

Marketing > Innovation.

Look at black coin. It's one of the most successful marketed coin with not much innovation from the beginning.

Another example was myraid.

It was at that time one of the most innovative coin and the first multi algo coin. But bad marketing kill it eventually.

This coin is running out of time.

Waiting for miracle to happen is a bad strategy
I agree, it would be nice if the development team could be more communicative.
Activity: 868

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

legendary
no news for this  coin,

i think the last news is "DEAD, NEXT" LOL  Grin

there is no next anymore, actually the whole "next thing" is what destroyed the altscene, market dilution is bad as fuck
Activity: 868
no news for this  coin,

That's really bad news.
I don't see any reason why to call this one dead. There are like 3 coins in total that has any innovation at all, and Cryptonite is easily the most exiting of them all.
People in general however, seem more interested in edgy promises than actual innovations. Look at for example cloakcoin, cryptcoin, and the rest of never ending preposterous attempts.

A small blockchain is a major advancement in the technology, and requires actual programming skills.

Marketing > Innovation.

Look at black coin. It's one of the most successful marketed coin with not much innovation from the beginning.

Another example was myraid.

It was at that time one of the most innovative coin and the first multi algo coin. But bad marketing kill it eventually.

This coin is running out of time.

Waiting for miracle to happen is a bad strategy
no news for this  coin,

That's really bad news.

Activity: 266
Merit: 100
you should change your signature - LOL

No, more ppl seeing my sig, almost of them will go to last page see what happening, then they will check for price, then if something interested, they will go read the OP. Grin
But i dont think much of them will pass the "interesting" step LOL

Time will tell. Smiley
Activity: 781
Merit: 501
you should change your signature - LOL

No, more ppl seeing my sig, almost of them will go to last page see what happening, then they will check for price, then if something interested, they will go read the OP. Grin
But i dont think much of them will pass the "interesting" step LOL
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
no news for this  coin,

i think the last news is "DEAD, NEXT" LOL  Grin

And I believe you are good at spreading FUD

oh yeah, Thailand man, go vote for Thaksin instead. LOL

With the dictators we now have in power, if I could I would Wink - BTW you should change your signature - LOL
Pages:
Jump to: