Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 116. (Read 215666 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
New blockchain snapshot posted:

https://mega.nz/#!lAQFVaib!IZSFnI_QXdukM6Mc3qVa9Jy9wIeSYwkG7dkoNDLtVbE
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Let's ask Poloniex to fix xcn wallet and market. Everyone, send one request per day.

Forget Poloniex, now the Bittrex time; I don't want to be negative, but dev talked Bittrex months ago, this part should be clear though.

yes , i am so sad ,i have some xcn in polo wallet ,cann't withdraw . only think let it go ..
Activity: 186
Let's ask Poloniex to fix xcn wallet and market. Everyone, send one request per day.

Forget Poloniex, now the Bittrex time; I don't want to be negative, but dev talked Bittrex months ago, this part should be clear though.
Activity: 186
Don't forget that xcn is having constantly 1 million USD daily trade volume in the past months, and with peeks of more than 10 M$.
I don't understand how this can be called "lack of interest".

Obviously P&D and managed by certain group at the right time that btc38 moved trading into RMB; ofc suspicious of association with the inside of the exchange but I won't be conclusive on that. Volume isn't necessary meaning interests; there are quite a lot people good at pumping and they are rich enough to do that.

Show your updates and serious long-term plan to attract people.

Have you fixed the sync issue??

If so I'll go check it out.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

Poloniex can't unfreeze my account even after 2 month of ticket opening (seems that Polo DB has been at least partially stolen after last DDoS and hackers are in process of passhash-cracking, I was just unlucky Smiley )

If it's their service for customers, think they don't even notice any requests  Huh

Bittrex will be a better choice.

I bought some xcn during that polo delisting sell-off in December. Wallet was down, couldn't transfer those coins so opened a ticket three weeks after delisting. They answered pretty fast (3-4 days) and said they are working on it.

I was randomly checking if polo wallet is up and then one day in February it was up and running. Woohoo I can withdraw, there is no time to loose!!! Only xcn address I had access on that mobile device was btc38 so I sent them there. What a massive brain fart.

4-5 months and some tickets later they were credited to my account. Meanwhile xcn went to new highs...  Shocked

edit: palgins windows miner + latest linux wallet did find a block. Some food for the faucet.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Poloniex can't unfreeze my account even after 2 month of ticket opening (seems that Polo DB has been at least partially stolen after last DDoS and hackers are in process of passhash-cracking, I was just unlucky Smiley )

If it's their service for customers, think they don't even notice any requests  Huh

Bittrex will be a better choice.
Activity: 954
Activity: 541
The price of XCN has been stable recently. Other coins are going up.. btc38 often fails to make deposits, and may need to be listed on other new exchanges,such as cryptopia.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
A little thing I don't understand about XCN :

in cmc, the value of XCN is almost all the time  ~ 0.000005 BTC  => https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cryptonite/

But in bter, in exchange rate, it is half this value : about 0.0000028 BTC often

So the rentability is half the real value of the coin.
Why is it so 'cheap' on BTER tradign exchange, compared to the real value of XCN ?

Probably they take that value from btc38, which is higher because you can't transfer coins to/from there.
Activity: 839
A little thing I don't understand about XCN :

in cmc, the value of XCN is almost all the time  ~ 0.000005 BTC  => https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cryptonite/

But in bter, in exchange rate, it is half this value : about 0.0000028 BTC often

So the rentability is half the real value of the coin.
Why is it so 'cheap' on BTER tradign exchange, compared to the real value of XCN ?

Activity: 574
ocminer not answer me. May be pallas can help - as I think my ip is banned by ocminer scripts. not web and stratum.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
first time poster, love XCN and all the good work from folks!

I have been mining steadily at xcn.suprnova.cc for over a month now, 'til yesterday afternoon. Now getting "connection refused" thus I am wondering if I am IP-banned and who to contact to get to a resolution.  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Pushed some commits to github:

After quick tests it looks like my cpu usage is down even with low scantimes.

edit: cryptonite+ cpu usage
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Could the previously talked about "bad nodes" have something to do with old Windows wallets? Would you believe this new version would easily fix btc38's issues (whatever they actually are - their messages to their customers are quite cryptic - perhaps you know more thanks to your contact?)?

It should make server nodes more solid, which in turn means the network will generally improve.
The next step is not allowing incoming connections from old nodes (by increasing the protocol version). But, before doing that, we must be sure there are no exchanges, or other services, still running old wallets.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
ocminer not answer me. May be pallas can help - as I think my ip is banned by ocminer scripts. not web and stratum.
hey, this is my words Angry

hehe I didn't notice, happened to me as well in the past.
this is what some users do to increase their "activity": copy others post, so they look "in place".
Activity: 237
hey, this is my words Angry
Activity: 378
There are no differences compared to any other coin forked from bitcoin around the same time (beginning of 2014), as far as compilation is concerned (i.e. same dependancies).
I'm contacting bitfreak to ask for a windows build, he has a working windows compile environment.
Right. Well, it probably didn't help that my friend know nothing about cryptocurrency. I've never compiled anything in my life, but managed to compile the linux wallet. However, I couldn't figure out how to cross compile for Windows. With enough time and experimentation, I'm sure I could figure it out eventually, but it would take such a long time since I'm quite busy with other things.

So yeah, it'd be great if bitfreak would be able to help out. I'm sure it's easy enough if you actually know what you're doing (unlike me).

I updated my post after you replied, so you might have missed it. Could the previously talked about "bad nodes" have something to do with old Windows wallets? Would you believe this new version would easily fix btc38's issues (whatever they actually are - their messages to their customers are quite cryptic - perhaps you know more thanks to your contact?)?
legendary
Black Belt Developer

I'm sorry Sir but I can't help you with his pool, if he banned your IP.
Activity: 574
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Do you think that it is clean?

Code:
	// limit number of getslice from the same peer
Misbehaving(pfrom->GetId(), 2);

Just ban node for many getslice? Or there is fixed number of getslice() for full sync?

A clean sync should do less than 10 "getslice", but some broken clients are doing undredths, hence why the ban.
It was also a possible attack vector: I feel much more confortable with a cap on possible requests of that kind.
Jump to: