Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 117. (Read 215666 times)

Activity: 243
Merit: 105
Do you think that it is clean?

Code:
	// limit number of getslice from the same peer
Misbehaving(pfrom->GetId(), 2);

Just ban node for many getslice? Or there is fixed number of getslice() for full sync?
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Faucet are dry.. need some donation here.. Grin

I will send some coins from the fund, as soon as I have access to the machine with the wallet (network issues).

EDIT: meanwhile, if someone wants to send some coins, you are very welcome! This is the address: CVftwe8kKSnwM3ruTy6yRVypydtkQ1xvqU
Activity: 348
Merit: 250
Faucet are dry.. need some donation here.. Grin
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Pushed some commits to github:

- Avoid possible sync loop
- Fixed transaction export
- Bump version

If you compiled your own wallet, especially if you run in server mode (i.e. allowing incoming connections), please update.
Great! Though I'm assuming that there will be no compiled Windows version, so neither us Windows users without the proper knowledge or btc38 can take advantage of the new commits. Unless, of course, someone compiles one. And it didn't seem especially easy, not even for a friend of mine which is a developer. Something about no proper and clear instructions, I don't know. Don't ask because I don't know.

There are no differences compared to any other coin forked from bitcoin around the same time (beginning of 2014), as far as compilation is concerned (i.e. same dependancies).
I'm contacting bitfreak to ask for a windows build, he has a working windows compile environment.
Activity: 378

- Bump version

If you compiled your own wallet, especially if you run in server mode (i.e. allowing incoming connections), please update.
Great! Though I'm assuming that there will be no compiled Windows version, so neither us Windows users without the proper knowledge or btc38 can take advantage of the new commits. Unless, of course, someone compiles one. And it didn't seem especially easy, not even for a friend of mine which is an app developer (for Android mainly).

Could a reason for the "bad nodes" that has been talked about be because of outdated Windows wallets?
legendary
Black Belt Developer

- Bump version

legendary
Black Belt Developer
Don't forget that xcn is having constantly 1 million USD daily trade volume in the past months, and with peeks of more than 10 M$.
I don't understand how this can be called "lack of interest".

Think JasonSW meant that lack of mass-used exchanges and difficulties turn users off Cryptonite, it's not one of that coins you can just "hop into", mine and dump  Cheesy

Sounds like a good thing :-)
And it's exactly about those difficulties my current work is: bringing the fixes and not new features (yet); bring them having tested long enough to avoid any more issues or chain forks.
Activity: 266
Don't forget that xcn is having constantly 1 million USD daily trade volume in the past months, and with peeks of more than 10 M$.

Think JasonSW meant that lack of mass-used exchanges and difficulties turn users off Cryptonite, it's not one of that coins you can just "hop into", mine and dump  Cheesy

And volume shows interest to coin, yes, at least on Chinese market.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
ocminer not answer me. May be pallas can help - as I think my ip is banned by ocminer scripts. not web and stratum.

Coin is towards dead, less people interested to it. There aren't updates so far since takeover pretty much telling incapable of new dev except few fixes, and don't even want to try out the sync issue fixed or not.

Can't agree, can't disagree. Just look at Signatum. Coin success nowadays is all about hype created around that particular coin. We all come and join hypes, it's human nature, we like smooth design, style, it attracts our eyes, when everybody tells everywhere about bright future we don't want to miss a chance. You don't need to go far, just compare Cryptonite website and Signatum website. Which one would you choose? Smiley

But don't forget about technology.

Blockchain is technology, miniblockchain is technology, new hashing algo (actually not) is not a technological feature, marketplace is a great idea, but still nothing spare with technological innovation, we've seen it before.

Cryptonite needs that designer guys, PR-hypers, media coverage, add these people to the project - it'll be on bittrex in a month or two, that's how it rolls now.

Just my personal opinion.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
ocminer not answer me. May be pallas can help - as I think my ip is banned by ocminer scripts. not web and stratum.

Coin is towards dead, less people interested to it. There aren't updates so far since takeover pretty much telling incapable of new dev except few fixes, and don't even want to try out the sync issue fixed or not.
Activity: 237
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I've contacted to Novaexchange about my lost XCN, they do not see any transactions to the wallet, but Suprnova shows coins were transfered.
What should I do in this case?

Use a third party source, like a block explorer, to show them the coins.

As pallas said, I provided to Nova support block info with my transaction. Coins appeared in wallet few hour later.
Now Nova refuses my sell orders - "Trades for XCN has been disabled, probably wallet issues. Check coininfo under balances."
Coininfo shows - all ok.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
A bit optimised m7 kernels, this time it's pure Djm34 work + my tweaks (not palginmod)

+7% on maxwell+windows+x86...

edit: with oc, 970 13+ MH, 980ti 21+ MH
Activity: 349
Merit: 184
supernova web in down, but stratum work...it seems.

SNova works fine! Web and stratum  Wink
Activity: 237
supernova web in down, but stratum work...it seems.
Activity: 839
You should have asked beforehand, now it's in the wild ;-)
Will you publish the sources?

Not now, so removed Smiley

I have the same results between the 2 versions
You are faster with the x86 version on a windows 10 x64 install ?

x86 is faster, yes. Just make sure you have VC++ Runtime 2015 x86 installed (download one from Microsoft site).

indeed ! yes I can see it now yo'r right.
Anyway, I'll love to test the 'optimised' xcn miner ^^

But it's very expensive for the gain added
legendary
Black Belt Developer

It's ok, you can keep it, I was just curious to see what tweaks you did. :-)

x86 is faster, yes. Just make sure you have VC++ Runtime 2015 x86 installed (download one from Microsoft site).
Activity: 839
A bit optimised m7 kernels, this time it's pure Djm34 work + my tweaks (not palginmod)

On my testrig:

1060 3G ~ 12+ MH
1080 ~ 18+

x86 is generally faster.

https://github.com/palginpav/ccminer/releases/download/1.1-m7/m7_tweaked_djm34.zip

Jump to: