Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 135. (Read 215666 times)

Activity: 636
Merit: 516
hi all,

i'm quite stoked to announce... that i've had a major victory over the past few days in regards to getting some compatible pool software up and running for use with cryptonite. initially starting off with a wrapper/template translator for cryptonite's getblocktemplate call, which then progressed into several rewrites (of varying success/performance) of python's stratum-mining; which then turned to ditching it all and writing a pool from scratch with threading, a converted m7 pow algorithm module and memcached.

there are a few bugs left to resolve; and some performance testing to do, but we should have a quick high-performance pool up in the next few days. i will attempt to bring it up later today if anyone is interested in seeing how well it fares. the whole experience has been quite rewarding, with some interesting questions being raised about how the existing mining infrastructure/layout was implemented; and what/why certain methods were used.

oddly enough, i have had literally zero (nada) problems with synchronising the wallet/it becoming lagged or stalling whilst developing the pool; the machine it was running on being a core2quad 2.33, so i'm honestly stumped as to why the other operators have experienced issues  Roll Eyes  Cool

will post again later on today,
remember kids - built, not bought he said tongue-in-cheek (make haste! aha, hopefully the right people get that)

james

https://i.imgur.com/2odGHep.png
https://i.imgur.com/8x8Xurn.png
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
pallas, on btc38 you trade xcn/cny and then cny/btc or xcn/btc? xcn/btc looks like dead...
Activity: 2114
Merit: 618
Hello guys I tried to run the sp miner but it crashes. What software do you have to have installed besides the drivers? Any version of visual studio? Cuda

Simply closes,

I appreciate your answers
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I mine solo  for a week and see that wallet behave strange hangs
and today i see accepted with ccminer but coins go to other address not on my wallet.
 Huh

Run "listaddressgroupings" in your console.
Solo mining creates a new, unused address.

i see address but coins are not there
i sent you part of my debug you can see it
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
and today i see accepted with ccminer but coins go to other address not on my wallet.
 Huh

Run "listaddressgroupings" in your console.
Solo mining creates a new, unused address.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
 Huh

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
Are there any good nodes to actually sync the wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
xcn is running for 3 years, this is correct, and it is a fantastic coin.
but lately wierd things happened.

One of the things I have learned during my journey in cryptoland is that everything is a scam unless proven otherwise, this really is a wild west where everything is allowed. XCN is no different, strange things happen but that is normal in crypto.

Pool ddossing is so basic stuff in this world, I told you guys long time ago to learn how to solomine because suprnova is the only pool and will be ddossed. If a coin gets more value they will ddos all the biggest pools.

They don't do it because it is fun, money is always involved. And now when even small projects have marketcaps of millions... there is just loads of money that can be made.

feel free to add.

4. Who was mining XCN when it was totally forgotten and why? Pool hashrate @1gh was always relatively high, almost the same amount of coins could have been mined with much smaller hashrate? Not saying there was something fishy, everyone could have made the same thing, that just didn't make any sense.

Need to add that distribution is fair, when I was mining XCN back in 2014 block reward was about 240 and now three years later it is still almost 200. Pulling this from hat but only about 20% of all coins are now mined, correct me if I'm wrong. Also everyone could have bought it when it was below 10 sats.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Btc38 has been working perfectly for weeks.
Difficulty is very high. Remember that some months ago it was 20,000, now it's almost 800,000.
A lot of new people interested in the coin.
Think we are going the right way!
Activity: 140
I got no problems with btc38, even tried something stupid like trade to btc and then withdraw btc and it just works. Takes some time though because of low transfer fees as someone already mentioned.

Still some problems with wallets, now my windows wallet has been running for more than one week but linux crashes in hours only. Guess I need to compile it again using different settings.

Some of you guys need to calm down, xcn has been running three years now, there is no sudden hurry to get it done in one week only.

xcn is running for 3 years, this is correct, and it is a fantastic coin.
but lately wierd things happened.

1. ocminer said that xcn pool is under strainge ddos attack :"someone writing scripts, testing new things .. adapting to my bans etc.. It's much more sophisticated than on other stratums where just some random booter is used ..."

2. pallas said: "I really don't know, and I suspect that the sync issues are due to malicious clients, maybe from the same people. "

3, new pool being blocked (ocminer) :"My pool is stable ATM, I've tried to help pool.mn setting up a pool but they couldn't get the wallet compiled was my last information and a different pool cannot get the wallet synched despite they're trying for three days"

and anothers infos read between the lines
95% of xcn is now in btc38 wallet.
a russian guy interested in xcn with his "group", no problems here, just saying...
maybe more that i did not seen.
feel free to add.

edit: i'm not "the problem guy" i'm "let's find a solution guy", supporting xcn in the last year best i could.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
I got no problems with btc38, even tried something stupid like trade to btc and then withdraw btc and it just works. Takes some time though because of low transfer fees as someone already mentioned.

Still some problems with wallets, now my windows wallet has been running for more than one week but linux crashes in hours only. Guess I need to compile it again using different settings.

Some of you guys need to calm down, xcn has been running three years now, there is no sudden hurry to get it done in one week only.
Activity: 179
Merit: 10
Does anybody know how to say the gigabyte ga-m68mt-s2p does not recognize the rises? Huh Huh Huh
I'm trying to mount a small rig but it does not recognize the rises, Because this coin is very promising right now .
Activity: 2114
Merit: 618
So, which plan for exchange xcn to btc and withdraw it to normal wallets and exchanges?
on btc38 no xcn/btc exchange? only xcn/cny and then cny/btc?

Damn I'm not Chinese, Lol, how will I sell the coins in BTC38?
Does anyone know if BTERs are allowed in BTC?
Because in bittrex they deactivated BTC by the one of August 1.
I consulted the blockchain support and they said that the transactions would be safe and that what happened happened they would guarantee the funds to the users
So, which plan for exchange xcn to btc and withdraw it to normal wallets and exchanges?
on btc38 no xcn/btc exchange? only xcn/cny and then cny/btc?
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
I had 7 x nvidia 1060 (11.5mh each) solo mining xcn, got 7-8 blocks/24h for 2 days.
Very profitable compared to eth.
I added 10 x nvidia 1070 (15.5mh each) on the same wallet, more than tripled my hashrate.
And i got only 4 blocks in first 24h and another 5 in the next 24h.
I guess someone is messing with this network.
And i see is messing with the pool, and with the wallet too.
Maybe @bitfreak! can help @pallas and @ocminer figure this out?

My pool is stable ATM, I've tried to help pool.mn setting up a pool but they couldn't get the wallet compiled was my last information and a different pool cannot get the wallet synched despite they're trying for three days
how can to contact with pool.mn admin? can try to help too. tomorrow I go to work and try to up my test srv for compile wallet...

They are available here as well, I told them to compile with recent version of boost now
I had 7 x nvidia 1060 (11.5mh each) solo mining xcn, got 7-8 blocks/24h for 2 days.
I added 10 x nvidia 1070 (15.5mh each) on the same wallet, more than tripled my hashrate.

My pool is stable ATM, I've tried to help pool.mn setting up a pool but they couldn't get the wallet compiled was my last information and a different pool cannot get the wallet synched despite they're trying for three days
how can to contact with pool.mn admin? can try to help too. tomorrow I go to work and try to up my test srv for compile wallet...
Someone writing scripts, testing new things .. adapting to my bans etc..
If someone write new scripts to attack, we can write new scripts for auto ban him Grin
on my work I almost do not use manual ban for attackers. 99% autoban by portsentry, logcheck, fail2ban and some my tuned scripts. ocminer, if you need help, you can contact with me or someone else...
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

Jump to: