Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 138. (Read 215666 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
I think OCMINER is a very experienced admin, but I don`t understand, why not up some services that I wrote before?!

They're all in place but they don't work for some certain type of attacks
then may be use limits for connection`s from 1 ip? as I see, for 1 rig it`s 1 connect from ip. so, 10 rigs via 1 ip can have 10 connections.
or I not correct?
may be need some tune for os kernel, like more buffer for tcp, some more virt.mem (like swap part on hdd). if detects many connections from 1 ip (1000 or more), then  block it for some time or forever...
I don`t think for new version of wallet, because no one developed it...
Sorry for my broken language  Cry

Yes, I limit connection per IP; i have some geofencing and plausibility checking in place but there are certain type of attacks that are not so easy to mitigate.

The best solution - at the end - would be multiple pools, as the attacker won't be able to dos them all
what`s port`s has been attacked last times?
for many pool we need new wallet version.

The stratum is under attack at layer 7 - I actively have to monitor and ban/fix things - that's what taking the time.

Yes pool.mn has contacted me but they can't get the wallet compiled because of some boost stuff as far as I know
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
I think OCMINER is a very experienced admin, but I don`t understand, why not up some services that I wrote before?!

then may be use limits for connection`s from 1 ip? as I see, for 1 rig it`s 1 connect from ip. so, 10 rigs via 1 ip can have 10 connections.
or I not correct?
may be need some tune for os kernel, like more buffer for tcp, some more virt.mem (like swap part on hdd). if detects many connections from 1 ip (1000 or more), then  block it for some time or forever...
Sorry for my broken language  Cry

Yes, I limit connection per IP; i have some geofencing and plausibility checking in place but there are certain type of attacks that are not so easy to mitigate.

The best solution - at the end - would be multiple pools, as the attacker won't be able to dos them all
what`s port`s has been attacked last times?
for many pool we need new wallet version.
legendary

or I not correct?
Sorry for my broken language  Cry

or I not correct?
Sorry for my broken language  Cry
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
I couldn't mining in the CC pool recently because the pool was DOS?I have to change to SOLO, but with luck, I hope OCMINER can keep the pool well and mining better.
I also encountered this problem, not normal mining, low yield, I believe ocminer will have a solution, DOS attack is hateful.
legendary

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I couldn't mining in the CC pool recently because the pool was DOS?I have to change to SOLO, but with luck, I hope OCMINER can keep the pool well and mining better.
legendary
And in 5 minutes it go to down again? Make these process automated. ru ip`s or china ip`s,  does not matter if servers without security.

His last IP was from the netherlands.. Leaseweb
Activity: 314
Merit: 250
libcryptonite_wallet.a(walletdb.o): In function `copy_file':
/usr/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:381: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::copy_file(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::copy_option, boost::system::error_code*)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

boost 1.54
And in 5 minutes it go to down again? Make these process automated. ru ip`s or china ip`s,  does not matter if servers without security.
legendary
Pool is fixed again, yes, a lof of russian IP's are banned.

I'd recommend fixing the wallet so other pools can open and the DOS'ing will be pointless then.
Yeah, not connect to the pool. but, I`m from Russia. I`m banned? Huh
If some ddos the pool, may be need to up some services like logcheck, Portsentry and fail2ban?
Activity: 2114
Merit: 618

Pool should be ok again... at least for a while Smiley

do not work - stratum connection failed every minute

try again.. some russian guy is ddosing the pool as soon as I restart it

Ociminer long ago we hope you fix the pool, now we can mine in suprnova xcn?

The pool is ok currently and I'm also in contact with other pools but the problem is the other pools cannot get the (new) wallet compiled and synched, it crashes during sync and causes lots of trouble..

Again the pool has connection problems, I only work about two hours
Activity: 304

hmm my testminer is connected since a few minutes now.. actually it should be ok atm

now good working !
legendary

The pool is ok currently and I'm also in contact with other pools but the problem is the other pools cannot get the (new) wallet compiled and synched, it crashes during sync and causes lots of trouble..
Activity: 2114
Merit: 618

legendary

continue connection failed

may be need block all russians ip ?
[/quote]

hmm my testminer is connected since a few minutes now.. actually it should be ok atm
Activity: 304

some times continue connection failed
may be need block all russians ip ?
legendary

Jump to: