Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 136. (Read 215666 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I had 7 x nvidia 1060 (11.5mh each) solo mining xcn, got 7-8 blocks/24h for 2 days.
Very profitable compared to eth.
I added 10 x nvidia 1070 (15.5mh each) on the same wallet, more than tripled my hashrate.
And i got only 4 blocks in first 24h and another 5 in the next 24h.
I guess someone is messing with this network.
And i see is messing with the pool, and with the wallet too.
Maybe @bitfreak! can help @pallas and @ocminer figure this out?

Activity: 237
WHAT? No exchanges for XCN?
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Why are all the pools so unstable ?  Huh

Suprnova is being ddosed for a long time.

Yes and quite sophisticated on XCN.. Someone writing scripts, testing new things .. adapting to my bans etc.. It's much more sophisticated than on other stratums where just some random booter is used ...

I wonder WHY someone is ddosing it so much though.. For me the coin isn't profitable to mine at all and there is no (trusted) exchange where I could sell the mined coins ... Why ddos it then ?

to discourage pools and keep solo mining for themselves??

But what do you do with the coins then ? Sell them with lotsa problems on btc38 ? Is it really worth it ?
Activity: 968
Merit: 624
Still a manic miner

Yes and quite sophisticated on XCN.. Someone writing scripts, testing new things .. adapting to my bans etc.. It's much more sophisticated than on other stratums where just some random booter is used ...

I wonder WHY someone is ddosing it so much though.. For me the coin isn't profitable to mine at all and there is no (trusted) exchange where I could sell the mined coins ... Why ddos it then ?

to discourage pools and keep solo mining for themselves??
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

I really don't know, and I suspect that the sync issues are due to malicious clients, maybe from the same people.
legendary

Still a manic miner
i had to exchange from XCN to BTC and then to Zcash to be able to withdraw from Bter (without sending passport data, KYC stuff)
legendary
Black Belt Developer
btw, can you withdraw BTC from btc38 Huh bter was a no go  Cry

Yes it works fine. You just need to wait because they use low transaction fees.
legendary
Black Belt Developer

legendary
Activity: 237
Activity: 2114
Merit: 618
Hello guys which of these exchange is faster to sell XCN BTC38 or BTER
Can you withdraw funds in btc from BTC38?
legendary
suprnova is unstable. Some rigs can log in, another fail to connect for a long time. Thanks anyways, OCminer for you work!

meanwhile i´m still trying to solo mine... but i cant find a console command to confirm my hashrate is doing its work. Any help would be appreciated. I´ve read many pages back, but i´m stuck with this. (wallet synced ok, conf ok, miner works... but is it mining ok?)

there's a limit of 10 connections per IP due to the ddos attacks, maybe you're trying to connect more than 10 times from the same ip ?
Still a manic miner
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
legendary
Black Belt Developer
suprnova is unstable. Some rigs can log in, another fail to connect for a long time. Thanks anyways, OCminer for you work!

meanwhile i´m still trying to solo mine... but i cant find a console command to confirm my hashrate is doing its work. Any help would be appreciated. I´ve read many pages back, but i´m stuck with this. (wallet synced ok, conf ok, miner works... but is it mining ok?)

The only way is finding blocks. There are no quick-to-find shares like in a pool: the wallet doesn't know anything about the speed of the miner until it submits enough blocks over time. Which may mean days, depending on your hashrate.
Still a manic miner

legendary
Black Belt Developer
If there was a severe problem with the wallet, the coin would not have lasted 3 years and a half. Surely it's not perfect, it's the price to pay for innovation. This is not the usual copy paste of bitcoin, like most of the scam coins out there. And bitcoin is not perfect either.
Having said that, we are working both on the pool and on the wallet. This will fix the remaining issues. It takes time because most of us are using (part) of our free time. Stay tuned.
Activity: 636
Merit: 516
I think that if it is an attack, there is an anonymous one, which always connects several times with the same nickname, and this in suprnova is not allowed, the nickname can not be repeated, besides since this user has connected several times to the pool , Began the problems again, Ociminer. One question, I know that the suprnova pool does not allow the same user to connect multiple times, nor do two users have the same nickname, who is this user that appears several times mining: anonymous, because I have mined in suprnova and do not You can use the same nickname of another person

this is to avoid exhausting the extranonce1 field.
potentially you can massively reduce a pool's ability to find a block by grabbing as many as you can (as they are unique for each miner, won't get handed out to the next etc).
to be fair its actually a massive flaw in the stratum mining protocol, assigning extranonce1 first before validating username..
legendary
Pool up again.. I'm on it
Jump to: