Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 144. (Read 215666 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
More questions...

I launched cryptonite-qt for win.
On local addresses everything works as it should. ( farms in local network working on this one wallet excellent)
I try to make it through the Internet, it does not connect.

Ping from mining farm to my_static_IP_adress is good=47ms.

Likely, you are pinging the router. Can you check the NAT rule in some way, using another protocol for example.
Activity: 349
Merit: 184
More questions...

I launched cryptonite-qt for win.
On local addresses everything works as it should. ( farms in local network working on this one wallet excellent)
I try to make it through the Internet, it does not connect.

Bat file: ccminer -a m7 -o my_static_IP_adress:1336 -u xxx -p yyy --scantime=2 --no-longpoll --no-stratum

cryptonite.conf :

rpcuser=xxx
rpcpassword=yyy
rpcport=1336
rpcallowip = *
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0

Ping from mining farm to my_static_IP_adress is good=47ms.

What and where to look, adjust, so that this problem is solved? Thank's a lot!!!
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Hi.
My wallet under Windows synchronizes the whole day, or even more. The connections are from 1 to 14. If you look at the log file, you can see that there are errors like on the attached image.
Does it all happen this way? Or this should not be?

http://prntscr.com/fupfl1

that's normal behavior, it's downloading recent blocks.
that may be a slow process because of cpu or network connection.
legendary
Black Belt Developer

You are comparing your hashrate (miner side, counting orphans) to the net hashrate (which doesn't takes orphans into account).
So, you don't have 10% of the total hashrate but probably around 5%.
Alright, but then something has to be done about the orphans then. And what can we/I do?

I would also like it explained why SOME blocks are added to my transactions as "generated buy not accepted" while MOST aren't? What's the dirfferynce between those rejects and other rejects that the miners report?

blocks rejected by the wallet (reported by the miner) are stale, i.e. the miner solved a block but the wallet received a new block meanwhile (this should be attenuated by "-s 2").
or, as it's called by sgminer, "hardware error" (nonce does not verify).
Activity: 349
Merit: 184
Hi.
My wallet under Windows synchronizes the whole day, or even more. The connections are from 1 to 14. If you look at the log file, you can see that there are errors like on the attached image.
Does it all happen this way? Or this should not be?

http://prntscr.com/fupfl1
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

You are comparing your hashrate (miner side, counting orphans) to the net hashrate (which doesn't takes orphans into account).
Alright, but then something has to be done about the orphans then. And what can we/I do?

I would also like it explained why SOME blocks are added to my transactions as "generated buy not accepted" while MOST aren't? What's the dirfferynce between those rejects and other rejects that the miners report?
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Additional pool not ready yet.
Ocminer won't share his code, so we are doing it from scratch.
3 people working on it.
Thing to do to make an xcn pool: import M7 hashing code, adapt custom stratum side, adapt custom getblocktemplate side.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Yes, all the connection bars are visible and I've currently got 15 connections on the wallet.

Adding "port=8253" to the config file didn't help and I can't connect to that port at all. I get the following when trying:
Code:
[2017-07-12 08:28:27] HTTP request failed: Empty reply from server
[2017-07-12 08:28:27] json_rpc_call failed, terminating workio thread

Note that I've tried connecting to that port from both the local machine (that has the wallet), the two other rigs on the same internal network and four external rigs. They can, however, connect to the RPC port, even though that might not be recommended.

UPnP is enabled and I've also tried opening both 8252 and 8253 on the router. I've also tried setting the machine with the wallet behind DMZ just in case to make sure that the port forwarding wasn't the problem. And on top of that I've fully disabled the Windows firewall.
Port 8253 is the Peer-2-Peer Port for the wallet and not used for mining. So the miner files will still have the rpcport of 8252.
Let the wallet machine run and observer the number of connections. Something of where I am, I only have DSL (no cable or fiber available), so the bandwidth is slow, and seems to limit my connections. It does take some time for me to get the connections up after a reboot. Best success seems to come from being in the 20's.

And I assume you have with the wallet used the "setgenerate true -1" command via the debug window?

But if things are working correctly, which seems to be the case...
I'm not certain, perhaps Pallas or someone else may have some tips or answers.
I would like to ask a question, where is the xcn mine pool
legendary
Black Belt Developer
So what's the som behind there being more orphans than there should be?

And there should be 1440 blocks found each day, that doesn't include orphans. So where does the remaining correct block go?

legendary
Black Belt Developer
with the last blockchain you posted pallas i'm stuck again at 3 days behind....

how many connections? what does the debug.log say?
So what's the som behind there being more orphans than there should be?

And there should be 1440 blocks found each day, that doesn't include orphans. So where does the remaining correct block go?
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
with the last blockchain you posted pallas i'm stuck again at 3 days behind....
legendary
Black Belt Developer
I wouldn't say that things seem to work correctly if I have 10% of the net hash but get less than 5% of the blocks with 50% rejected blocks.

Right, I got the ports mixed up. I've been connecting to the RPC port all the time so nothing wrong there. I don't get any errors when connecting or mining and things are running along fine.

The problem is that 50% of my found blocks get rejected, which shouldn't be the case.

I get that orphans can happen, but 50% of my found blocks can't be orphans.

Also, some (though very few) blocks are added to the wallet as "generated but not accepted". What does that mean? They are few and far in between though, so they're not the ones that the miner reports as rejected (at least not all of them).

During the last 37 hours I've found 82 blocks. But since I have 10% of the net hash, I should have found 222. I get that luck is involved, but my miners does report about 50% rejected.

If all those would have been accepted that would've been 164 which isn't too far off 222, which I could say is the lack of luck.

orphans: there are a lot for everybody, if you followed the thread (and if you didn't, just read the last pages) you will see that's an open discussion.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Hi guys,
Are you sure a single wallet (cryptonited server) works for several miners?

How could I test/check it?
is there any api i could use to query the wallet/service?

I have several miners connecting to the wallet and I see they are working, they are doing requests, connected, they do the expected hashrates... however, I don't see the expected improvements in my block discovery. I could have been unlucky but I feel that I achieve the equal hashrate to the maximum of a single rig. ie if I have a rig with 72Mhash, and two other rigs of 40Mhs I dont see a 152MHash but a 72Mhash... of course this could be just "woolly thinking"

BTW. Is accurate the whattomine expected block rewards? if not, how could I measure it?

single wallet: yes.
api: the usual bitcoin rpc calls.
remember there are a lot of orphans: if you followed the thread (and if you didn't, just read the last pages) you will see that's an open discussion.
whattomine reports wrong profits: do your own math (it's always the best way); how to? read the last pages of the thread ;-)
I wouldn't say that things seem to work correctly if I have 10% of the net hash but get less than 5% of the blocks with 50% rejected blocks.

Right, I got the ports mixed up. I've been connecting to the RPC port all the time so nothing wrong there. I don't get any errors when connecting or mining and things are running along fine.

The problem is that 50% of my found blocks get rejected, which shouldn't be the case.

I get that orphans can happen, but 50% of my found blocks can't be orphans.

Also, some (though very few) blocks are added to the wallet as "generated but not accepted". What does that mean? They are few and far in between though, so they're not the ones that the miner reports as rejected (at least not all of them).

During the last 37 hours I've found 82 blocks. But since I have 10% of the net hash, I should have found 222. I get that luck is involved, but my miners does report about 50% rejected.

If all those would have been accepted that would've been 164 which isn't too far off 222, which I could say is the lack of luck.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Hi guys,
Are you sure a single wallet (cryptonited server) works for several miners?

How could I test/check it?
is there any api i could use to query the wallet/service?

I have several miners connecting to the wallet and I see they are working, they are doing requests, connected, they do the expected hashrates... however, I don't see the expected improvements in my block discovery. I could have been unlucky but I feel that I achieve the equal hashrate to the maximum of a single rig. ie if I have a rig with 72Mhash, and two other rigs of 40Mhs I dont see a 152MHash but a 72Mhash... of course this could be just "woolly thinking"

BTW. Is accurate the whattomine expected block rewards? if not, how could I measure it?
Activity: 78
Yes, all the connection bars are visible and I've currently got 15 connections on the wallet.

Adding "port=8253" to the config file didn't help and I can't connect to that port at all. I get the following when trying:
Code:

Note that I've tried connecting to that port from both the local machine (that has the wallet), the two other rigs on the same internal network and four external rigs. They can, however, connect to the RPC port, even though that might not be recommended.

UPnP is enabled and I've also tried opening both 8252 and 8253 on the router. I've also tried setting the machine with the wallet behind DMZ just in case to make sure that the port forwarding wasn't the problem. And on top of that I've fully disabled the Windows firewall.
Port 8253 is the Peer-2-Peer Port for the wallet and not used for mining. So the miner files will still have the rpcport of 8252.
Let the wallet machine run and observer the number of connections. Something of where I am, I only have DSL (no cable or fiber available), so the bandwidth is slow, and seems to limit my connections. It does take some time for me to get the connections up after a reboot. Best success seems to come from being in the 20's.

And I assume you have with the wallet used the "setgenerate true -1" command via the debug window?

But if things are working correctly, which seems to be the case...
I'm not certain, perhaps Pallas or someone else may have some tips or answers.
Activity: 78
Wow ok. That was an in-depth answer thank you very much for taking the time to give me such a nice reply.
I eh... I don't have a huge mining operation going on like you do. You a serious miner no doubt. I was not willing to risk that much. I'm afraid I don't make my money back. I have a rx480 and mined with that and made a nice amount I was very happy. So when I don't game I mine. Well I have one PC setu to mine a couple coin 24/7 and to run stake wallets but that's it. Other than that I is my gaming PC to mine when I sleep or watch something on TV.
Thanks.
Errr... I might have some decent hardware, but I'm not a serious miner... yet.

I think though with the down trend or impending crash, may be a good time to buy hardware as people will begin to sell off their stuff.
I have found XCN to be easy to mine... well, once either the pool or wallet's are working correctly as this coin does not require that much heavy horse power to mine, and has a decent value. I'm just hoping as the market goes down for awhile, that this coin still maintains some good value.
I think I see the problem, add in this:
Code:
port=8253

Also for connections, do you have 8? Or do you have more?
For example, hover the mouse over the Connection Bars, if it reads 8 (8 Out Going), then I would say this is the problem.
UPnP needs to be used. Review the post I just made with Windows for the UPnP "Information about Connections". I am in the process of how to with Solo Mining with more details of UPnP.
If UPnP is working correctly, then all of the Connection Bars will be used

UPDATE:
After reviewing... I didn't think of it first. But add in as many IP Addresses as possible into the .conf file.

Code:

Activity: 906
Merit: 263
With lying to me can someone tell me the profitablity of this coin vs mining eth ? In other words why should I mine this and no Eth ? If I'm given a good enough reason I'll consider mining and investing. Let's first see how people respond to my questions.
This is my results with solo mining and I'll give the equation here. Though with Ethereum I think I earned less, but have only done tests with calculators and not have done an actual test (with Ethereum):

With 14 videos cars (x6 1070, x6 1060, x2 970), current averaging 500 XCN per 3 hours. Perhaps I have been lucky... or not, I do not know for certain at this time, only testing this for two days. Also using an IBM M3 server for the wallet.

Using the BTR38 Exchange (at the time of this posting):
1 XCN = .1155 CnyXcn Rate (Chinese Yen)
1 BTC = 16744 CnyBtc
1 BTC = 2336 USD

1 XCN = .1155 CNY, which converts to .0000069 BTC, the equation is (XCN/CnyXcn)*CnyBtc
For USD, 0.0000069 BTC * 2336 USD = 0.016114; or 1.6 cents
Thus:
1 XCN = $0.016 (at this time)

Which of mining 500 XCN per 3 hours holds true, would be:
500 per 3 hr = 4000 per day; which at 0.016 USD rate, means $64/day

NOTE:
Still testing the Solo Mining, this has been two days, in which I have had occurrences of my Firewall needing reboot.
My actual rate has been more like 3000 per day.
But I could be on a lucky run...  so hopefully will have a more solid answer in a few days.
I can say, I do earn more solo mining than with the pool, unfortunately.

Wow ok. That was an in-depth answer thank you very much for taking the time to give me such a nice reply.
I eh... I don't have a huge mining operation going on like you do. You a serious miner no doubt. I was not willing to risk that much. I'm afraid I don't make my money back. I have a rx480 and mined with that and made a nice amount I was very happy. So when I don't game I mine. Well I have one PC setu to mine a couple coin 24/7 and to run stake wallets but that's it. Other than that I is my gaming PC to mine when I sleep or watch something on TV.
Jump to: