Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 143. (Read 215666 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
One more question...

There is another problem. Started mining on 3 rigs in 1 wallet over internet to static IP.
After 6-8 hours miner shows the speed, like everything is normal,
but I see that the temperature of the card dropped to idle temperature.
I go to afterburner consumption of the GPU - there is a strange graph...jumps from 0 to 50-60. (in attachment file)
Well, the load GPU is zero. What can it happen ?
Restarting the miner doesn't help and needed to restart the wallet. Maybe someone came across )))

In image - left graph - normal mining, near the middle graph goto wrong mode...
Temperature in normal mining about 60 C
Temperature in wrong mode about 40 C

http://prntscr.com/fv2xoc

Restarting the miner doesn't solve the problem:

http://prntscr.com/fv37rv

that's because the wallet is busy and doesn't respond quickly enough when a new getwork call is made by the miner.
one of the reasons to try higher values for "-s".
I found that the wallet sets itself as background priority after some time. I can't determine what is triggering it. Changing priority back to normal doesn't stick most of the time - it changes back to background. This is the reason for up and down gpu usage provided in the screenshot of @megainarmy in my case.
The msvcrt.dll module giving out high constant cpu usage, it might have a logic loop but again I'm not a developer.
Btw the wallet doesn't seem to work on Windows 10 from my experience, only Windows 7. I try both the qt and cryptonited. Cryptonited > qt buggy shit. Both are "buggy" but qt is even worse from a user standpoint. Any ideia why pallas?
Activity: 349
Merit: 184
that's because the wallet is busy and doesn't respond quickly enough when a new getwork call is made by the miner.

Thank's. Ok. I'll trying -s 3 in mainer  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
One more question...

There is another problem. Started mining on 3 rigs in 1 wallet over internet to static IP.
I go to afterburner consumption of the GPU - there is a strange graph...jumps from 0 to 50-60. (in attachment file)
Restarting the miner doesn't help and needed to restart the wallet. Maybe someone came across )))

One more question...

legendary
Black Belt Developer
If XCN survives this time, it most definitely has more lives than a cat, maybe even more than Mario  Cheesy

Any news for a new pool?  If ocminer refuses to help XCN survive, maybe we can track down catia, or the the old 1GH crew? 

Bitfreak, we know you still love your baby, please come back  Grin

Me and another couple guys have been working on the pool code together for some days, I think we are almost there.
You can follow the development on the slack channel.
Activity: 773
Merit: 508
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
If XCN survives this time, it most definitely has more lives than a cat, maybe even more than Mario  Cheesy

Any news for a new pool?  If ocminer refuses to help XCN survive, maybe we can track down catia, or the the old 1GH crew? 

Bitfreak, we know you still love your baby, please come back  Grin

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
In my purse a few of such blocks.
Written, generated, but not confirmed. What does it mean ?

This is your answer:

I would also like it explained why SOME blocks are added to my transactions as "generated buy not accepted" while MOST aren't?

blocks rejected by the wallet (reported by the miner) are stale, i.e. the miner solved a block but the wallet received a new block meanwhile (this should be attenuated by "-s 2").
or, as it's called by sgminer, "hardware error" (nonce does not verify).
In my purse a few of such blocks.
Written, generated, but not confirmed. What does it mean ?

http://prntscr.com/fuwy7q
What a miner programm reports speed 30 MH on GTX 1080 Ti card ?

My miner reports 26 MH - maximum! I use this miner - https://github.com/djm34/ccminer-msvc2015/releases.
Others, unfortunately, I not found (((

If it is not difficult for you, give a link to this miner, or share the binar for windows, please...
It's an optimized version of ccminer by sp_. You can purchase it directly from him if you want it. Most of my cards get 31-32MH/s. I could probably overclock them some more but not a lot.
Can you check the NAT rule in some way, using another protocol for example...

Thanks for that remark. We set up, thanks to a friend who understands this, virtual servers in the router and it all worked.

...My miner reports at least 30 000 000 per GTX 1080 Ti....

What a miner programm reports speed 30 MH on GTX 1080 Ti card ?

My miner reports 26 MH - maximum! I use this miner - https://github.com/djm34/ccminer-msvc2015/releases.
Others, unfortunately, I not found (((

If it is not difficult for you, give a link to this miner, or share the binar for windows, please...

p.s.:
And I appeal to all members of the forum, who have a binary the pallas miner for Windows - please share, if you do not mind.
Thank's!
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
after 22h mining with total comined of 250Mhash/s i got only 9 blocks, I guess I'm being unlucky here?
I have reviewed the last pages as pallas suggested but I'm a donk enough to not have a clue how to calculate the expected blocks... perhaps a kind soul could plug the numbers and tell me how many blocks could I expect from 250Mhash/s with the current network/coins status? Perhaps showing me how to use the formula so I will know how to calculate this in the future?

ps. As you can see I'm fairly new to this crypto world
Yes and no. Setting a low scantime means more requests made to the wallet, hence more load, so the end result may be difficult to predict.
Well, it doesn't hurt to try, I guess. Anything to reduce stale blocks is good.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
I experienced weird errors from ccminer when using "-s 1", but only on some rigs... not sure why, I didn't investigate as they did never happen when using "-s 2".
Right, but in theory - if my miners doesn't give me any errors at all, I should (again, in theory) be able to reduce stable blocks by scanning every second instead of every two seconds, correct?

Yes and no. Setting a low scantime means more requests made to the wallet, hence more load, so the end result may be difficult to predict.
I experienced weird errors from ccminer when using "-s 1", but only on some rigs... not sure why, I didn't investigate as they did never happen when using "-s 2".
Right, but in theory - if my miners doesn't give me any errors at all, I should (again, in theory) be able to reduce stable blocks by scanning every second instead of every two seconds, correct?

You are wrong here. When suprnova pool worked well the hashrate was about 30m/h, now this people mine solo, and total hashrate is about 20-25mh. whattomine and xcn block explorer shows wrong hashrate.
The total net hashrate reported by the network (not whattomine or xcn blockexplorer) is, as of writing, 10 945 274 727 H/s. That's 10.94GH/s. My miner reports at least 30 000 000 per GTX 1080 Ti. I have 36. That's a total of 1080MH/s, which is 1.08GH/s.

But then pallas explained that my actual hash rate is closer to half since it includes orphans while the net hashrate doesn't. Still, that's about 5% of the total net hashrate. I don't know where you get your 30MH/s totals from but it's not anywhere close.
Activity: 243
Merit: 105
I have 10% of the net hash but get less than 5% of the blocks

You are wrong here. When suprnova pool worked well the hashrate was about 30m/h, now this people mine solo, and total hashrate is about 20-25mh. whattomine and xcn block explorer shows wrong hashrate.

Activity: 188
Merit: 100
The team so active, I am full of confidence in the coin, long-term holding, thanks to the team to pay
legendary
Black Belt Developer
with the last blockchain you posted pallas i'm stuck again at 3 days behind....

how many connections? what does the debug.log say?

8, debug say orphan already exist!!!

hmmm looks like your chain got corrupted.
I tested the snapshot myself so I know it's ok.
start fresh or with or without the snapshot.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
blocks rejected by the wallet (reported by the miner) are stale, i.e. the miner solved a block but the wallet received a new block meanwhile (this should be attenuated by "-s 2").
So in order to decrease stale blocks even further, I should use "-s 1" in the miners. You've previously said that the miners sometimes can get wonky (or something like that), but when I used "-s 1" everything worked just fine for all my rigs. Is there something under the hood so I won't notice if it doesn't work?

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
with the last blockchain you posted pallas i'm stuck again at 3 days behind....

how many connections? what does the debug.log say?

8, debug say orphan already exist!!!
And I assume you have with the wallet used the "setgenerate true -1" command via the debug window?
I don't run the wallet with "setgenerate true -1". I don't want to CPU mine since that's worthless. I'm assuming that's all it does. Well, that and reduce the hash rate of my GTX 1080 Ti's from 30-32MH/s each to about 0.7-1.5MH/s each.

So in order to decrease stale blocks even further, I should use "-s 1" in the miners. You've previously said that the miners sometimes can get wonky (or something like that), but when I used "-s 1" everything worked just fine for all my rigs. Is there something under the hood so I won't notice if it doesn't work?
Jump to: