Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 146. (Read 215666 times)

Activity: 2114
Merit: 618
yes there are some "tricks":

- allow incoming connections
- compile your own wallet with optimisations for your cpu (-march=native -O3)
- mine with "-s 2" (getwork expire in seconds)

From what I'm understanding I'm already allowing incoming connections (listen=1). I'm mining with "-s 1". Would it make a difference to set it to 2? And if so, why?

listen=1 may not be enough, you may need to open the right port on your router/firewall or use upnp.
I found out that ccminer doesn't like -s=1 and prefers -s=2, at least on my rigs.

Pallas, excuse my ignorance that is -s = 1 and -s = 1, I am new in this currency, where is this configuration done? Is it in the miner or in the .conf file of the wallet?

I also want to ask if you can solomining from a network other than the wallet, what configuration would you have to put in the .conf file of the wallet? why
I have put this:

Rpcallowip = x.x.x.x (ip publishes)
Rpcport = 8252
Rpcuser = user
Rpcpassword = pass
Listen = 1
Server = 1
Daemon = 1
Rpcthreads = 64
Maxconnections = 1000

But does not accept connections from outside with the miner.

In the miner is:

Ccminer -a m7 -o x.x.x.x: 8252 -u rpcuser -p rpcpassword

But does not connect, ports are open in firewall and router

What would you recommend?
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
do someone know which Exchange is working now?
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
WALLET IMPROVEMENT PROGRESS UPDATE

I want to increase the max trie slice size. That is the maximum size of the pieces of accouting sheet, that are requested by a syncing client, and sent by its sync peer back.
I think that will improve the initial sync a lot (because that's where it usually stops). It will also reduce load on both machines, as they will do less operations.
The problem is that the change may introduce additional issues if the wallets aren't updated soon enough.
That is, unless I want to make a new protocol version and all the stuff that is needed to deal with two different protocols together.
But maybe it's a non issue, because the old clients do not need to get those trie slices (they just get the new full blocks), and the new one will use the new wallet.
Same if you use the blockchain snapshot: you don't need trie slices in that case.

What do you guys think about this matter?
legendary
Black Belt Developer
coinbase * 243*COIN+10*CENT / MAX_MONEY
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
void mpz_set_uii(mpz_t &mpz, uint64_t v){
    mpz_import(mpz, 1, -1, sizeof(uint64_t), -1, 0, &v);
}

uint64_t mpz_get_uii(mpz_t &mpz){
    uint64_t v[16];
    mpz_export(v, 0, -1, sizeof(uint64_t), -1, 0, mpz);
    return v[0];
}

int64_t GetBlockValue(uint64_t coinbase, uint64_t nFees)
{
    mpz_t mcb,mquot,t;
    mpz_init(mcb);
    mpz_init(mquot);
    mpz_init(t);

//Setup so half of coinbase distributed in ~10 years
    mpz_set_uii(mcb,coinbase);
    mpz_set_uii(t,243*COIN+10*CENT);
    mpz_mul(mcb,mcb,t);
    mpz_set_uii(t,MAX_MONEY);
    mpz_div(mquot,mcb,t);

uint64_t value = mpz_get_uii(mquot);

mpz_clear(mcb);
    mpz_clear(mquot);
    mpz_clear(t);

return value + nFees;
}

Any chance you could change it to math equation? Cheesy
Cant really understand whats going on there.

Maybe its similar to XMR formula? `(2**64 * 10**(-12) - 1 - total_coins) * 2**(-19)`
legendary
Black Belt Developer

From what I'm understanding I'm already allowing incoming connections (listen=1). I'm mining with "-s 1". Would it make a difference to set it to 2? And if so, why?

listen=1 may not be enough, you may need to open the right port on your router/firewall or use upnp.
I found out that ccminer doesn't like -s=1 and prefers -s=2, at least on my rigs.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Question:
Is this correct then:
Code:
./configure CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native" CXXFLAGS="-O3 -march=native"
?

yes but you may need to add other options, depending on your setup.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Question:
Is this correct then:
Code:
./configure CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native" CXXFLAGS="-O3 -march=native"
?
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Or, you can make a simple calculation: take your hashrate and divide by the net hashrate; a block of about 200 xcn of award is generated every minute, you will take your share of that, but you must take into account about half because of orphans and failed submissions.

The qt wallet should close in some seconds.
Is there anything to be done to optimize orphans? I just mined three blocks within three minutes but two of them were added to my wallet as "generated but not accepted". Is there anything I can do in either the miner or wallet in order to try to reduce this?

legendary
Black Belt Developer
@pallas
Please share with me block_reward formula for XCN
I cant find it anywhere in the repo codes and none of my usual formulas match either.

void mpz_set_uii(mpz_t &mpz, uint64_t v){
    mpz_import(mpz, 1, -1, sizeof(uint64_t), -1, 0, &v);
}

uint64_t mpz_get_uii(mpz_t &mpz){
    uint64_t v[16];
    mpz_export(v, 0, -1, sizeof(uint64_t), -1, 0, mpz);
    return v[0];
}

int64_t GetBlockValue(uint64_t coinbase, uint64_t nFees)
{
    mpz_t mcb,mquot,t;
    mpz_init(mcb);
    mpz_init(mquot);
    mpz_init(t);

//Setup so half of coinbase distributed in ~10 years
    mpz_set_uii(mcb,coinbase);
    mpz_set_uii(t,243*COIN+10*CENT);
    mpz_mul(mcb,mcb,t);
    mpz_set_uii(t,MAX_MONEY);
    mpz_div(mquot,mcb,t);

uint64_t value = mpz_get_uii(mquot);

mpz_clear(mcb);
    mpz_clear(mquot);
    mpz_clear(t);

return value + nFees;
}
Activity: 9
I bought small amount of cryptonite coins from someone few weeks ago, I gave the deposit adress shown on the cryptonite deposit page, I had trouble downloading the wallet,

Now it's downloaded but how do I connect what was sent to my  deposit address on the bter platform to the wallet that's downloaded ?

On my bter deposit page, it shows XCN as pending with transaction ID  BUT I don't know how to digitally access this Sad I'm completely lost

Can anyone shed light if I can still access them, they're pending but I don't know if I've lost them as its taken so long to download the wallet, I thought there would be done sort of login on the wallet by which it would connect to the Bter platform and receive the Coins but I have no idea how this works . My first crypto buy through someone:(  before I started buying myself Smiley

Feel like Ive either lost the coins because I was supposed to download the wallet first or I'm Just being blonde. (i am )

Please help !!

Thank you Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
@pallas
Please share with me block_reward formula for XCN
I cant find it anywhere in the repo codes and none of my usual formulas match either.
Activity: 10
Is there anything to be done to optimize orphans? I just mined three blocks within three minutes but two of them were added to my wallet as "generated but not accepted". Is there anything I can do in either the miner or wallet in order to try to reduce this?
+1

From the last 12 or so hours:  accepted: 6/9 (66.67%) which isn't bad at all but there's always room for improvement.

I'll put together two more How To's (for Windows and Solo Mining), just really taking all of the postings here from people and putting it together as a doc.
That'd be awesome!
Activity: 541
Got to say, I am earning more with solo mining than ever with the Suprnova pool, by 10 times.
Definitely must have UPnP enabled and opened through the firewall.
And has worked best once past 12 connections.

I'll put together two more How To's (for Windows and Solo Mining), just really taking all of the postings here from people and putting it together as a doc.

Hi,how long will your pool go online?Is it testing now?
Activity: 38
NovaExchange Wallet is offline!
Whats going on? Is there an Exchange that is working well?
few days ago I was getting maybe 5% orphans, now its about 80%.  sucks, moving on I guess.
Are they consistent and how many connections do you have?
I am currently the opposite, with minimal orphans.

It is still a good coin, even with the down trend, still about $0.012 per coin.
Just wondering if it will keep going down.
Got to say, I am earning more with solo mining than ever with the Suprnova pool, by 10 times.
Definitely must have UPnP enabled and opened through the firewall.
And has worked best once past 12 connections.

Activity: 266
Regarding the qt wallet, it seems to take a crap load of time to both quit and to start. Last time I tried to shut down the miner I gave up after 15 minutes and forced closed it. It always takes about 4-5 minutes to start though (SSD, i5-6600K, 16GB RAM).

Ensure that none of your farms are mining to this wallet/address at the moment of closure, working miner somewhere won't let wallet close properly. Closure isn't a task, it usually takes 2-3 sec, but start is a bit slow, 3-4 min, very low cpu usage.
Activity: 378
Or, you can make a simple calculation: take your hashrate and divide by the net hashrate; a block of about 200 xcn of award is generated every minute, you will take your share of that, but you must take into account about half because of orphans and failed submissions.

The qt wallet should close in some seconds.

Regarding the qt wallet, it seems to take a crap load of time to both quit and to start. Last time I tried to shut down the miner I gave up after 15 minutes and forced closed it. It always takes about 4-5 minutes to start though (SSD, i5-6600K, 16GB RAM).
Jump to: