Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 222. (Read 215398 times)

Activity: 636
Merit: 516
I think that, when the sync bug is fixed, we will have no more issues with exchanges, hence why I'm having a dev work on it, and I will pay him bounty from my wallet (and from the people who will contribute).
I could do the fix myself, I just do not have enough time.

hey man,
just reading.. what is the actual sync bug? does it halt/freeze at a given height on some nodes?
also, curious as to why you can't release a windows wallet, just strikes me as odd.
willing to help out if you can provide some details.
james

(starpost was the best game on vic20)

There is an explanation at the end of the OP.
In brief: when you sync from scratch, at times even when you already have a chain db in your data dir, it stops syncing at a certain height. When using the QT wallet, closing it may corrupt the wallet database.
About the windows wallet, I'm waiting for the bug to be fixed before releasing any new binary.

ok; yes i saw it at #161, but notice that the hash it fails on is the same in the complete (downloaded from elsewhere) chain.
also noticed both liblmdb and leveldb, is there a cutover? or is only one used.
just looking through the source now.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
i am having a wierd issue today , headers seem to be stuck at 3 days behind in my wallet , even tho i tried a backup of a synced blockchain from yesterday , it started at 28 hours behind on headers then went to 3 days behind and is stuck , bit of a worry . any1 else having this issue?

how many connections have you got?
try running "getpeerinfo" and see what's your peers height (if they are up to date).
legendary
Black Belt Developer
I think that, when the sync bug is fixed, we will have no more issues with exchanges, hence why I'm having a dev work on it, and I will pay him bounty from my wallet (and from the people who will contribute).

hey man,
just reading.. what is the actual sync bug? does it halt/freeze at a given height on some nodes?
also, curious as to why you can't release a windows wallet, just strikes me as odd.
james

There is an explanation at the end of the OP.
In brief: when you sync from scratch, at times even when you already have a chain db in your data dir, it stops syncing at a certain height. When using the QT wallet, closing it may corrupt the wallet database.
About the windows wallet, I'm waiting for the bug to be fixed before releasing any new binary.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
your damned if you do, your damned if you dont lol
i am having a wierd issue today , headers seem to be stuck at 3 days behind in my wallet , even tho i tried a backup of a synced blockchain from yesterday , it started at 28 hours behind on headers then went to 3 days behind and is stuck , bit of a worry . any1 else having this issue?
Activity: 636
Merit: 516

hey man,
james

legendary
Black Belt Developer
I will send you some XCN that I have, I don't have a whole lot so I might just send you all of it. I appreciate you guys trying to keep this coin alive in my absence.

Thanks, but I prefer any contribution you can make to the coin ;-)
I'm working with a dev friend to find the sync issue and fix it, 3 heads are better than 2 at solving a problem!

Some time ago I did try to figure out the sync issue by looking at the source code but it's so hard to understand such complex code especially when you didn't write that code yourself. I've been thinking seriously about writing a new coin from scratch using the MBC scheme along with some other stuff such as a quantum resistant signature scheme and the homomorphic encryption proposal by B.F. Franca (see this and this). I feel like if XCN did anything it has proven that the MBC scheme can work and isn't easy to exploit since it hasn't been done. I also think that when a coin is created from scratch it feels less like a simple clone of Bitcoin and people can appreciate it more, and it allows us to avoid all the issues inherent with the Bitcoin code. So much of the Bitcoin core code is also made redundant within the MBC scheme, like everything to do with scripts. The goal would be to create simple and elegant code that makes it easier to understand and modify. I would also prefer to avoid using Qt altogether, since the creation of GUI's should be a job for wallet software developers. That would also mean using a robust networking library instead of the one that comes with Qt. This is all just an idea right now, I'd like to hear what you guys think before going ahead with anything.

I think that the two projects can cohexist. I will support your new coin if you make it, but XCN has been running for almost 3 years and, despite the sync bug, it's been pretty stable so far, which is a great achivement by itself, nonetheless.
Besides, I agree with you to separate the GUI code from standalone wallet.
Hello @bitfreak!

Can you please help @pallas deal with btc38 team?
I understand that they expect answer from initial dev and they do not answer to pallas anymore.
Will be great to fix btc38 wallet problem, that exchange was primary market for xcn, with 10 times higher volumes then poloniex.
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
I will send you some XCN that I have, I don't have a whole lot so I might just send you all of it. I appreciate you guys trying to keep this coin alive in my absence. Some time ago I did try to figure out the sync issue by looking at the source code but it's so hard to understand such complex code especially when you didn't write that code yourself. I've been thinking seriously about writing a new coin from scratch using the MBC scheme along with some other stuff such as a quantum resistant signature scheme and the homomorphic encryption proposal by B.F. Franca (see this and this). I feel like if XCN did anything it has proven that the MBC scheme can work and isn't easy to exploit since it hasn't been done. I also think that when a coin is created from scratch it feels less like a simple clone of Bitcoin and people can appreciate it more, and it allows us to avoid all the issues inherent with the Bitcoin code. So much of the Bitcoin core code is also made redundant within the MBC scheme, like everything to do with scripts. The goal would be to create simple and elegant code that makes it easier to understand and modify. I would also prefer to avoid using Qt altogether, since the creation of GUI's should be a job for wallet software developers. That would also mean using a robust networking library instead of the one that comes with Qt. This is all just an idea right now, I'd like to hear what you guys think before going ahead with anything.
Activity: 196
Merit: 15
Market cap is 37000$ with 300m coin and 10sat
Dead coin must have this market cap Huh
legendary
Black Belt Developer
There are currently 0 connected peers.

I have 38, here are some:

Activity: 126
There are currently 0 connected peers.
btc38 withdraw policy for btc/ltc:

"Due to the impact of Chinese policy, your BTC/LTC will be sent within 5 to 7 days."

I wish you all a happy life withdrawing your money from china  Shocked
i bought another 1 mil at this price  Grin
legendary
Black Belt Developer
The fix will come, and then all the rest. The price will go up again, just hold in this bad moment.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 757
NO WAR ! Glory to Ukraine !
WTF holy shit I bought by 40  Tongue
my money lol bye-bye fck ))
I could buy by 6 sat today

but I believe that the coin will revive
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
until then someone is dumping a lot of xcn on bter, at 6 sat  Huh

Just 6 sat/Cryptonite??? Thats verry cheap now!!!
until then someone is dumping a lot of xcn on bter, at 6 sat  Huh
legendary
Black Belt Developer
The dev should be happy to hear that you are going to pay him,
thanks pallas, for the new thread, and the miner, but still wanted to ask about this miner,

is this the super fast ultra xcn miner, the ones that are there for sale, or is it a bit you'r own old miner updated by ?

can't you just for sake thate someone's pc over with teamviewer or so and then fix its pc with a freshly compiled windows 64bit version,
or something like that, and send this file to bt38 and or put it on the site to be found. |Thanks a bit|

when the fix is ready, we will provide a new windows wallet binary that should make all the exchanges happy ;-)
Activity: 431
Merit: 105
The dev should be happy to hear that you are going to pay him,
thanks pallas, for the new thread, and the miner, but still wanted to ask about this miner,

is this the super fast ultra xcn miner, the ones that are there for sale, or is it a bit you'r own old miner updated by ?

can't you just for sake thate someone's pc over with teamviewer or so and then fix its pc with a freshly compiled windows 64bit version,
or something like that, and send this file to bt38 and or put it on the site to be found. |Thanks a bit|
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Jump to: