Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer - page 36. (Read 450501 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Golem is now trading at 18,000 Satoshi .
Almost $400,000,000 market cap.
7000 Satoshi will put XEL at $14,000,000 market cap. Something terribly not right.

Expect more of these posts. People want to buy in cheap. That's all.
Activity: 190
Merit: 100

To those who may just have come back to the project, there is a vote taking place on whether to launch a lite-wallet (mainnet) now or wait for a Minimum Viable Product to be available.

I can write some of the pros and cons, but I must state that I am pro lite-wallet, so hopefully someone against the issue will elaborate on the cons.

Pro:
  • This will give devs, testers and PR people an opportunity to hold a financial stake in the project, by buying up some of the XEL that will be released onto the exchanges.
  • As a Minimum Viable Project (MVP) may be many months away, now is the time to give the project a boost.
  • We will have the funds to set up a foundation and pay for work done on the project, development, PR, website, etc.
  • The burden on EK will be lifted, as he will have more help.
  • Releasing now will mean that we have more likelihood of attracting the type of people we want, since the main source of how far along we are is in Github and only IT Pros will know how to read the code and see for themselves what we've got.

Cons:
  • There are concerns that XEL will just end up being a pump and dump opportunity.
  • Not having a MVP and releasing now will take the wind out of the sails of the project for when we do have a MVP

Edit:  The voting ends on 23rd May.  You need your wallet signature (that you used to donate to the project with) to vote.

Reposting again.  Click the top link (posted by unvoid above) to take part in the vote.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Ben2016
Golem is now trading at 18,000 Satoshi .
Almost $400,000,000 market cap.
7000 Satoshi will put XEL at $14,000,000 market cap. Something terribly not right.
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348

Vote Online Until: 2017-05-23 16:00:00 UTC

Last 2 days of voting

Can everyone explain what the "Light Wallet" is? Why do we make the vote?

Kind Regards Christian
Activity: 822
Merit: 531
Ben2016
I'd prefer to give more time to development and launch with most possible functionality, so I voted against light wallet. Unfortunately I don't have that much voting Power..
No offense, but you're wearing SONM's signature. They have no functioning coin. Could you be kind enough to tell me how it is ok to promote SONM , but delay Elastic . Smiley
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I'd prefer to give more time to development and launch with most possible functionality, so I voted against light wallet. Unfortunately I don't have that much voting Power..
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
These new people are annoying... ignore button at the ready. 
Ben2016

1) They are spelled differently although they both start with letter E.
2) They have different prices at this time.
3) one had ICO and one had Donation.

People, please add more as that's all I could think of at this time. Cool
Cheesy
Dear Lannister, the fourth difference is that you will dump your shares hard, right in the moment the XEL got accepted by any major exchange.  
I like you already. Good sense of humor with the best conspiracy theory so far. I wished I were Lannister ( money wise), but I am not. My Lamborghini Fund is still empty , but I'm very grateful for my family and friends.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
http://elasticracy.elasticexplorer.org/addresses

at least 40% of the coin is alive.

Total balance: 40336290.73758231

If so, the lite wallet vote can give a figure similar to that 40%.

There may be several reasons not to vote:
-to think that you are going to expose private key.
-do not know how to do it. You must learn because it is the same procedure to claim donated XELs.
- Lack of interest in the vote. It is similar to an abstention.
- Not knowing that there is a vote. You have 3 more days to do it.

Do you think there would be more reasons?

the abstention vote; a term in election procedure for when a participant in a vote either does not go to vote (on election day) or, in parliamentary procedure, is present during the vote, but does not cast a ballot

like a protest vote, by not voting even when you can you are also making a statement, see protest vote;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protest_vote
Activity: 70
It's not that we have a voting mechanism in elastic (yet). The current mechanics r based on bitcoin and a website, so it is more like a short term solution.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Where can I buy XEL?
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I'm sorry, what's the meaning of the voting now?

about 2 weeks or so ago people were discussing in the thread about launch dates and other things around trading and coin and debating other topics, EK said it is possible for him to spend around a week to release a very basic lite wallet (no computational/mining function) but the basic coin network where the token could be distributed and traded on.

So after the voting of the logo a new voting thread was created for the community to vote on if they wish EK to spend a week making the lite wallet so potential interested parties can purchases, impatient sellers can sell and hopefully increase awareness of the coin to bring in more skilled people willing to help code the core to speed up completion of the needed code .

There are pluses and negatives to each choice so a vote was decided to be created. this is what the vote is about
Activity: 516
MoonDeFi
I'm sorry, what's the meaning of the voting now?
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
is Lannister still active here?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I can't take this anymore.

i'm back after several months away. trying to catch up. Lannister and i chatted quite a bit a year ago about the project. is he around, or has he handed community relations over to a new person? just asking.

It is unknown what happend to him. He read he had some health problems. So some people kept coding.
Activity: 260
is Lannister still active here?

Lannister have not been seen for almost a year already, if I don't mistaken.
This project progression is thanks to dev. volunteers ( mainly EK, unvoid and coralreefer) .
Activity: 260
Can I get a TL:DR on how elastic coin is different than ethereum?
Elastic will be super computer that will use nodes resources for heavy computation.
Ethereum is platform to develop dapps...

The better comparison is Elastic with Golem, and here Elastic at much more advanced phase. 
Activity: 96
Many are waiting for the launch of this project. Is there an approximate start date? I want to buy some coins.

Voting for lite wallet ends 23rd May. After that any time between 2-4 weeks.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Many are waiting for the launch of this project. Is there an approximate start date? I want to buy some coins.
Pages:
Jump to: