Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer - page 38. (Read 450501 times)

Activity: 548
Merit: 265
My old account was "Ghoom" (hacked) u=199247
Activity: 1022
Merit: 507
ICO is just a wrong term used for the donations period - see more info here https://talk.elasticexplorer.org/t/status-of-lannister-and-the-ico-funds/106/2.
Lannister has probably passed away since he was informing about health issues, but obviously this information is not confirmed.

Thanks for the info! So the donation BTC are basically gone, and the donators don't get any XEL.

So where do the XEL people are pre-selling come from?

The donations were registered in XEL genesis block, and they are valid. The genesis block will be used for redeeming XEL once we have mainnet (hopefully soon).

Selling now is impossible - you can treat those offers as, well... market pre-screening :-)

If lite wallet will come up, those offers can be also used for OTC transactions.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
ICO is just a wrong term used for the donations period - see more info here https://talk.elasticexplorer.org/t/status-of-lannister-and-the-ico-funds/106/2.
Lannister has probably passed away since he was informing about health issues, but obviously this information is not confirmed.

Thanks for the info! So the donation BTC are basically gone, and the donators don't get any XEL.

No, the donations are still being honored. XEL is still distributed among them.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10

Was there an Elastic ICO? If so, when and how will investors receive the coins? Is it possible to buy some by now from the initial investors?
please go https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/otc-buy-and-sell-elastic-coin-thread-xel-always-use-escrow-1804795
You'll find individuals that are willing to sell .
As per our Satoshi Sr. EK, if you ask nicely and also attach a 0.1 BTC per XEL, you could have some of my or EK's coins as well . Grin

I don't understand. I have just read there was no ICO, and now people are selling XEL? Where do these come from?

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Was there an Elastic ICO? If so, when and how will investors receive the coins? Is it possible to buy some by now from the initial investors?
please go https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/otc-buy-and-sell-elastic-coin-thread-xel-always-use-escrow-1804795
You'll find individuals that are willing to sell .
As per our Satoshi Sr. EK, if you ask nicely and also attach a 0.1 BTC per XEL, you could have some of my or EK's coins as well . Grin

I don't understand. I have just read there was no ICO, and now people are selling XEL? Where do these come from?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Ben2016
Definition of FUD since we're going to see lots of fudsters in days ahead .

FUD
fəd/
noun
fear, uncertainty and doubt, usually evoked intentionally in order to put a competitor at a disadvantage.
"the FUD factor"
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
Lightwallet wasn't even released yet, but people already spreading fud in order to get cheap XEL  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
Voting is a joke in this project.
Reason :  We don't know how much XEL so-called "Lannister" owns. It could be more than 50% easily, even 80-90%.
Just import address 3Q2aKEGFTKDw3hghsBifXp39CZVMtZukxn and behold many cash-outs he did before crowdfunding ended. Sapienti sat.

So let me understand your logic.  Lannister took some of the donated funds and used them to donate to the project to acquire XEL.  So do you think Lannister put most of the 709 BTC into the project in the first place? 

Because the people that did donate the 709 BTC originally have been assigned their XEL.

Or are you suggesting Lannister managed to break BTC and double-pay himself to collect all the XEL?

I think I'm spotting a hole in your logic.  ;-)

1 People donates.
2 "Lannister" withdraws funds and "donates" with them to himself.
3 Repeats #2 many times.
4 "Lannister" disappears with almost 700 BTC.
  Result = so-called "Lannister" now became the biggest shareholder with decisive voting power.

go fud somewhere else loser....
Activity: 163
Merit: 18
Lannister could do whatever he want with donated funds so by definition he could do whatever he wanted including withdrawing them for his purposes. Providing those withdrawals as some kind proof for your claim doesn't really prove your theory so unless you have something much more relevant than only your words, I think you can leave the subject. This can be classified as FUD.

So, if we use "donation" word instead of "project funding", then "fraud" magically transforms in "normal thing" and "free will" ?
Are you leftist? Very typical semantic manipulation.

Your posts are so unproductive, instead of helping that guy, you're using his post for spreading your message (and I really don't get what is it all about in your case)
It's just ridiculous.

Anyway, here is the link showing how to sign message with bitcoin priv key which is enough to take part in the voting
https://talk.elasticexplorer.org/t/how-to-sign-a-message-with-bitcoin-private-key-bitcoin-core-blockchain-info-and-electrum/221

Let's pass on the fact that you ignored me proving my point.

I don't think that my posts are unproductive (when this is not around personal accusation). I show problems in current system.
For example you said that everyone CAN vote, and I explained you that what you saying is wrong as that person could not vote for at least two votes because he had not technical knowledge. Let's say he has 50000000 XEL... you understand problem in this? If yes, you can try to find solution to make this voting better, as I can't. I can see only the problem. So it is kind of productive, again, when it is not on personal level.

And about helping this guy... You are totally RIGHT... I was in different state of mind.

So, you really think that if someone has not enough technical knowledge, then it's a problem of the voting system?

I mean everyone CAN vote but not everyone is ABLE to vote - but that's just how it is in life, isn't it?

If the objective of voting system is to reach the most relevant result , this is indeed the problem of voting system.

Without the ability, possibility is irrelevant for voting Smiley
It's like give voting rights to someone but not to tell him when,where, or how to vote. He CAN vote indeed but not able to Cheesy

I don't know, if you were in The DAO times, but there was situation when 5% who voted on subject and this was valid voting as many even didn't know that voting take place.

And to be more productive... Wink
There are many ways to make it better: we can set minimal cap for voting, can make longer voting period, proactively send links to vote, etc...
But I think that no one of this solutions is good enough, so because of this I hope that someone else will find better solution to problem I see.

You would probably want 100% (or at least a supermajority, like 85-95%) consensus which is highly unlikely. But such things happen in North Korea, or maybe in Belarus, but not in real world. Everyone that has right to vote should look after his right - otherwise you would need to brute force them to vote, OR (with minimal cap) you risk stalling because of no quorum.
My understanding of reasonable voting system is efficient decision making.
Activity: 260
Reason :  We don't know how much XEL so-called "Lannister" owns. It could be more than 50% easily, even 80-90%.
Just import address 3Q2aKEGFTKDw3hghsBifXp39CZVMtZukxn and behold many cash-outs he did before crowdfunding ended. Sapienti sat.

So let me understand your logic.  Lannister took some of the donated funds and used them to donate to the project to acquire XEL.  So do you think Lannister put most of the 709 BTC into the project in the first place? 

Because the people that did donate the 709 BTC originally have been assigned their XEL.

Or are you suggesting Lannister managed to break BTC and double-pay himself to collect all the XEL?

1 People donates.
3 Repeats #2 many times.
  Result = so-called "Lannister" now became the biggest shareholder with decisive voting power.

Lannister could do whatever he want with donated funds so by definition he could do whatever he wanted including withdrawing them for his purposes. Providing those withdrawals as some kind proof for your claim doesn't really prove your theory so unless you have something much more relevant than only your words, I think you can leave the subject. This can be classified as FUD.
Activity: 448
Ben2016

So let me understand your logic.  Lannister took some of the donated funds and used them to donate to the project to acquire XEL.  So do you think Lannister put most of the 709 BTC into the project in the first place?  

I think I'm spotting a hole in your logic.  ;-)

1 People donates.
3 Repeats #2 many times.
Seriously, does anyone know what happened to the " Ignore " button ?
Edit : and I agree with this another new guy ( with 38 posts). I always knew Elvis is alive working in a supermarket or something  Wink
Activity: 163
Merit: 18

1 People donates.
3 Repeats #2 many times.
Activity: 190
Merit: 100

I thought we had an "Ignore" button somewhere. Couple someone guide me to it !  Wink
when you want to shoot shoot don't talk  Cool
As I have always welcome newbies here. However your motive is becoming clearer by every post you write. Are you always in offensive? Chill out ! These are excellent times for Elastic. We have a good team of dev ( EK, Coralreefer ,...) and your divisiveness is NOT gonna work here.  Grin

dude, chill... And after that read our conversation again... I am out of this.

Your posts are so unproductive, instead of helping that guy, you're using his post for spreading your message (and I really don't get what is it all about in your case)
It's just ridiculous.

Anyway, here is the link showing how to sign message with bitcoin priv key which is enough to take part in the voting
https://talk.elasticexplorer.org/t/how-to-sign-a-message-with-bitcoin-private-key-bitcoin-core-blockchain-info-and-electrum/221

I don't think that my posts are unproductive (when this is not around personal accusation). I show problems in current system.
For example you said that everyone CAN vote, and I explained you that what you saying is wrong as that person could not vote for at least two votes because he had not technical knowledge. Let's say he has 50000000 XEL... you understand problem in this? If yes, you can try to find solution to make this voting better, as I can't. I can see only the problem. So it is kind of productive, again, when it is not on personal level.

And about helping this guy... You are totally RIGHT... I was in different state of mind.

So, you really think that if someone has not enough technical knowledge, then it's a problem of the voting system?

I mean everyone CAN vote but not everyone is ABLE to vote - but that's just how it is in life, isn't it?

If the objective of voting system is to reach the most relevant result , this is indeed the problem of voting system.

It's like give voting rights to someone but not to tell him when,where, or how to vote. He CAN vote indeed but not able to Cheesy

I don't know, if you were in The DAO times, but there was situation when 5% who voted on subject and this was valid voting as many even didn't know that voting take place.

There are many ways to make it better: we can set minimal cap for voting, can make longer voting period, proactively send links to vote, etc...
But I think that no one of this solutions is good enough, so because of this I hope that someone else will find better solution to problem I see.

that's a social problems.

like how can we make poor people rich?

Not really Smiley)) I am more libertarian myself so I think you can understand my approach. But I think we need just to give fair opportunity to everybody, if we want to play in democracy ofcource + I think that people which conributed to this project must have more heavy weight, but that's just me. Let's leave it here. 
Activity: 414
Merit: 101

It's just ridiculous.

that's a social problems.

like how can we make poor people rich?
Activity: 414
Merit: 101
http://elasticracy.elasticexplorer.org/addresses

at least 40% of the coin is alive.

Total balance: 40336290.73758231
Pages:
Jump to: