Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer - page 9. (Read 450448 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
You don't know what you are talking about.

This thread isn't really closed, but they'd like to hide it since the OP (Lannister) disappeared with the XEL donation money. They'd prefer if you post in their self-moderated thread so they can delete any posts that remind people of their scam:

http://archive.is/zoyYa

Agreed this is one of the clearest examples of a scam I've seen in recent times. Well done for trying to warn people about it. It started with a newbie account whose real-life name was supposedly "Lionel Keys" posting as ElasticCoin. Immediately a few of us pressed for some kind of info to verify his identity (given it was an ICO without escrow), which he said would be coming soon. In the mean time I began finding Evil-Knievel's behaviour in the thread extremely suspicious. He wasn't (publicly) in charge of the probject at this point but from the start was shilling hard (talking about how much he'd invested) and answering the bulk of the questions that were intended for the dev. It was obvious to me he was involved with the project whilst pretending not to be.

Every post from the ElasticCoin account was subsequently deleted from that thread (presumably when they realized they'd messed up and that there was no way to hide how shady the whole thing was), Lionel Keys disappeared (abandoning a project he'd supposedly spent months working on and preparing) and Evil-Knievel suddenly emerged as project lead.

I haven't enough time to dig through it, but here's the original thread. Evil-Knievel has also deleted every single post he made in that thread, though enough of his and ElasticCoin's original posts have been preserved in quotes in replies to show you what's going on here.

Deleted original ANN:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/relaunched-completely-1362006

Quote from: Evil-Knievel on February 19, 2016, 09:46:04 AM
-snip-

I am currently invested in this coin with a total of 6.8799 BTC.

A very clear scam.

Activity: 90
This thread isn't really closed, but they'd like to hide it since the OP (Lannister) disappeared with the XEL donation money. They'd prefer if you post in their self-moderated thread so they can delete any posts that remind people of their scam:

http://archive.is/zoyYa

Agreed this is one of the clearest examples of a scam I've seen in recent times. Well done for trying to warn people about it. It started with a newbie account whose real-life name was supposedly "Lionel Keys" posting as ElasticCoin. Immediately a few of us pressed for some kind of info to verify his identity (given it was an ICO without escrow), which he said would be coming soon. In the mean time I began finding Evil-Knievel's behaviour in the thread extremely suspicious. He wasn't (publicly) in charge of the probject at this point but from the start was shilling hard (talking about how much he'd invested) and answering the bulk of the questions that were intended for the dev. It was obvious to me he was involved with the project whilst pretending not to be.

Every post from the ElasticCoin account was subsequently deleted from that thread (presumably when they realized they'd messed up and that there was no way to hide how shady the whole thing was), Lionel Keys disappeared (abandoning a project he'd supposedly spent months working on and preparing) and Evil-Knievel suddenly emerged as project lead.

I haven't enough time to dig through it, but here's the original thread. Evil-Knievel has also deleted every single post he made in that thread, though enough of his and ElasticCoin's original posts have been preserved in quotes in replies to show you what's going on here.

Deleted original ANN:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/relaunched-completely-1362006

Quote from: Evil-Knievel on February 19, 2016, 09:46:04 AM
-snip-

I am currently invested in this coin with a total of 6.8799 BTC.

A very clear scam.

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
you want to sell XEL. pm me!
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
Can XEL be bought OTC? If so, then please direct me to the relevant thread.

Thanks in advance.

Want to buy XEL. PM me with offers.
Activity: 447
Can XEL be bought OTC? If so, then please direct me to the relevant thread.

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
my computer is windows 10*64,when I click''run'' ,its flashed!
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
Activity: 1022
Merit: 507
Guess who's back in town?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/hunterminercrafter-245263
Does he know he is more than invited to visit?

Thanks! It is nice to be noticed!  Grin

I've been lurking, and still following the progress of XEL closely week to week.  Unfortunately I can't say that I've been particularly happy to see where it has been headed, personally.  IMO the decision to partially re-centralize with bonded master-nodes and the decision to launch a "lite wallet" token are both likely mis-steps.

Having 0 stake in XEL it is obviously not my business, but I had held high hopes... and now I have little but worry for E-K's work ever making it out into the world in a form that is anything like what he would have really intended.

I've been thinking a lot, lately, about a the idea of a relatively simple variant of the earlier XEL design which might address several of the concerns with the model, particularly with regard to the PoW rewards.  It would eschew a dedicated programming language, in favor of a machine model, but at the same time make for a more consistent work calculation and allow for some additional assurances.  It may not be something I ever pursue further but I am ever more convinced (though still not quite 100%) that the whole thing might even actually be possible after all.

I guess with masternodes you mean so called SNs (supernodes), right? Well, I didn't like them too. Not sure if it's possible at all at this stage, but perhaps with your support, it could be possible to think it over again, and get rid of those special nodes.
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
the press section on the website seems abandoned (maybe removed?) and the blog post about what happened with Lannister and the ICO funds is OK for transparency but not the first one people read obviously  Grin
I personally think the Lannister story should not be there. No relevance at this time . We have much better articles ( I hope ) to write instead.

agree and these should be fixed before launch. we are not prepared for launch that's why i voted no Smiley I hope all is OK otherwise people will mark it as scam/too far fetched etc
We just need to fix the website. Hope By rallier and clivemy give us some insight on how we could help, otherwise all is OK !  Grin

I've answered your question on the new thread, here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19437336
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
What exchange are you on?
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
Yes, its time to move. I'll open up a new thread.

Edit: Ok, lets move! https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-xel-xel-the-decentralized-supercomputer-1957064

Eventually we could get this thread locked?
Activity: 206
Merit: 106
Old Account was Sev0 (it was hacked)
We should also update our OP - since we can't because we don't have Lannisters Account. I suggest to create a new one.
Just because Websites like Coinmarketcap always refer to the bitcointalk OP - and of you read the last pages of our thread - there is much confusion.

And to not be another "hey-you-should-do-this"-guy I would do this, but before I would like to ask what you think about this idea.
Activity: 448
Ben2016
the press section on the website seems abandoned (maybe removed?) and the blog post about what happened with Lannister and the ICO funds is OK for transparency but not the first one people read obviously  Grin
I personally think the Lannister story should not be there. No relevance at this time . We have much better articles ( I hope ) to write instead.

agree and these should be fixed before launch. we are not prepared for launch that's why i voted no Smiley I hope all is OK otherwise people will mark it as scam/too far fetched etc
We just need to fix the website. Hope By rallier and clivemy give us some insight on how we could help, otherwise all is OK !  Grin
Activity: 85

I've been lurking, and still following the progress of XEL closely week to week.  Unfortunately I can't say that I've been particularly happy to see where it has been headed, personally.  IMO the decision to partially re-centralize with bonded master-nodes and the decision to launch a "lite wallet" token are both likely mis-steps.

Having 0 stake in XEL it is obviously not my business, but I had held high hopes... and now I have little but worry for E-K's work ever making it out into the world in a form that is anything like what he would have really intended.

I've been thinking a lot, lately, about a the idea of a relatively simple variant of the earlier XEL design which might address several of the concerns with the model, particularly with regard to the PoW rewards.  It would eschew a dedicated programming language, in favor of a machine model, but at the same time make for a more consistent work calculation and allow for some additional assurances.  It may not be something I ever pursue further but I am ever more convinced (though still not quite 100%) that the whole thing might even actually be possible after all.

Hope to bring groundbreaking ideas, we all look forward to your appearance, you are xel can not be missing one of the team members
Activity: 434

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

Activity: 448
Ben2016
Pages:
Jump to: