Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XHD] Hidecoin Official thread | Double SHA-256 | NodeJS - page 16. (Read 34876 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 251
Yes size of tx is still limited but I think it will be on the roadmap if not then it's not much of use.

It is on the roadmap.

Version 0.3.5 released
Please update your core to 0.3.5. I am developing new version and I need you to install this update.
Activity: 461
Merit: 250

Just a thought. As you know, a fork is pretty much the worst thing that can happen to a coin.
Orphans happen all the time in Bitcoin, which is essentially a brief fork, corrected by the network.

So, instead of the horrendous word 'fork', perhaps better utilize something like 'orphan chain' or something.

Again, just a thought.

I suspect these are all debug messages that will be gone soon by default...
The forks were once much longer than 1... so it's a legacy message used to debug longer forks.

Are there any limitations on the size of tx? Has that been addressed and resolved?
Yes size of tx is still limited but I think it will be on the roadmap if not then it's not much of use.
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

Just a thought. As you know, a fork is pretty much the worst thing that can happen to a coin.
Orphans happen all the time in Bitcoin, which is essentially a brief fork, corrected by the network.

So, instead of the horrendous word 'fork', perhaps better utilize something like 'orphan chain' or something.

Again, just a thought.

I suspect these are all debug messages that will be gone soon by default...
The forks were once much longer than 1... so it's a legacy message used to debug longer forks.

Are there any limitations on the size of tx? Has that been addressed and resolved?
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030

Again, just a thought.
Everytime I find a block I get an error that says wrong number of transactions in block. Any idea how to fix this? Tried resyncing the blockchain a couple times with no luck.

No such error in validator. Make a screenshot or copy log please.
Chain working good. However, now and again, I still have an instance that is behind by a few hundred blocks.
What value is "sync" ?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Everytime I find a block I get an error that says wrong number of transactions in block. Any idea how to fix this? Tried resyncing the blockchain a couple times with no luck.
legendary
Chain working good. However, now and again, I still have an instance that is behind by a few hundred blocks.
In the mining terminal I see a lot of "Recieved  data, block size 174 bytes Min" and some hash rate info but it also seems to say things like "mining suspended", "already mining", or some socket hangup error i see too ocassionally

Don't look at miner console. Look at core, top left corner, "HPS" - hashes per second. Not zero means miner is working.
legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007
I think I managed to sync the wallet but I haven't found any blocks yet and am having a little trouble being certain everything is working correctly.

In the mining terminal I see a lot of "Recieved  data, block size 174 bytes Min" and some hash rate info but it also seems to say things like "mining suspended", "already mining", or some socket hangup error i see too ocassionally

I guess my question is all of this sound like its running as expected?   Any help would be appreciated.

-jookly  

edit:  ok i think I found my first block!  Im happy because that means things seem to be working.  will keep an eye on on it throughout the day 
@hidecoin2016
Could we please keep current solo cpu mining ?
Right now its fun to mine even for small users.
The moment pools with GPU or other high performance hardware is introduced it will be the usual small group who only think short term "mine and dump".
Switching to POS would be even better.

I made RPC support not for pools but for exchange. This coin must have price or what is it for?
@hidecoin2016
Could we please keep current solo cpu mining ?
Right now its fun to mine even for small users.
The moment pools with GPU or other high performance hardware is introduced it will be the usual small group who only think short term "mine and dump".
Switching to POS would be even better.
legendary
Yup, I'm used to giving rpc commands to a daemon client.
[Let me rephrase the question.
How do I use the rpc commands.

Write your own program and use Smiley
RPC is for programmers.
If you want to send coins, use your local wallet.

i guess what he meant is a proper doc, like this: https://hidecoin.info/wallet/rpc

Or he meant the program like bitcoin-cli.
Merit: 500

RPC is for programmers.

i guess what he meant is a proper doc, like this: https://hidecoin.info/wallet/rpc

RPC is for programmers.
legendary
Nice upgrades.

From where do we make the rpc calls? In bitcoin, one uses the daemon. I tried 'rpcinfo' but that only returns errors.
If you want to get something from this call, you need to add it to call list

Let me rephrase the question.
Activity: 521
Nice upgrades.

From where do we make the rpc calls? In bitcoin, one uses the daemon. I tried 'rpcinfo' but that only returns errors.
If you want to get something from this call, you need to add it to call list
legendary
Nice upgrades.

Activity: 521
Version 0.3.4 released!

New RPC methods:
walletSendCoins(recipients, fee) - send coins to multiple recipients in one transaction.
walletCreateAddress() - create new address in wallet.

https://hidecoin.info/wallet/rpc

Using these methods you can accept payments on your website:
1. Create a forwarder:
walletCreateAddress
2. Wait for coins:
walletGetBalances
3. Send coins to basic address:
walletSendCoins
Very cool. Keep on working
Pages:
Jump to: