Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XHD] Hidecoin Official thread | Double SHA-256 | NodeJS - page 22. (Read 34876 times)

Activity: 461
Merit: 250
Looks like someone removed the spam from the forum.
I am also running a couple of wallets, no crashes at all.
Dev has not been on-line for the last 3 days, no updates to the code and official forum is a mess.
Lets hope he is just having a break...
Activity: 2147
Merit: 518
Look at that crook at the end of the bar, he mines XHD on top-notch laptop, with i3-5510 1.2 Mghz. He sets 1 core for mining and another one for processing much more demanding tasks like recording himself on web camera and sending that video to gloryhole toilets.
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
Running core + 3 miners non-stop and trouble-free for 3 days now on a mid-range i7...
And this configuration is mining about 13% of all XHD.

Is this the first node.js Alt? Seems to be, so why is it a good/bad design choice?
(Off hand, ByteBall is the only major project is JS).
Activity: 1120
Merit: 255
Pool for mining?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
in theory someone could extend the rpc server and create a stratum proxy for it (as rpc client), right?

if this is possible and happens the coin can be mined by any generic bitcoin miner and thus the nethash will explode, right?

Interesting question. What is the roadmap?

Well, at least CPU mining is finally more or less stable (runs for hours without crashing/forking).

i personally have zero experience with stratum or mining/crypto internals, else i would have written such a proxy myself already just to see if it works

regarding the cpu mining part i can confirm this, no forking, but sometimes the mining is paused for 1-5 minutes, maybe longer sometimes. This happens when the main core gets "out of sync" and tries to catch up which takes quite some time
The moment we have rpc for mining it's for the happy few big boys, so I hope it will take a while before it happens.
Right now there are too many issues to resolve so I don't expect it short term.

well rpc exists, just not with the default methods usually implemented in bitcoin core it seems

also a simple stick miner should be enough (in regards to the current miner speeds) to gain a significant portion of the nethash

i agree that this has low/no priority right now, and probably no one will develop such an extension right now as there is no instant profit to make
in theory someone could extend the rpc server and create a stratum proxy for it (as rpc client), right?

if this is possible and happens the coin can be mined by any generic bitcoin miner and thus the nethash will explode, right?

Well, at least CPU mining is finally more or less stable (runs for hours without crashing/forking).

i personally have zero experience with stratum or mining/crypto internals, else i would have written such a proxy myself already just to see if it works

regarding the cpu mining part i can confirm this, no forking, but sometimes the mining is paused for 1-5 minutes, maybe longer sometimes. This happens when the main core gets "out of sync" and tries to catch up which takes quite some time
The moment we have rpc for mining it's for the happy few big boys, so I hope it will take a while before it happens.
Right now there are too many issues to resolve so I don't expect it short term.

legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

Web wallet just giving me double spend errors, I can only send 200 max.

Is there a Linux text browser that can handle the wallet ui ?
I tried w3m and lynx but I only get ui without numbers.

I have tried >1K (100x10) get message tx too large.
When tried again I get double spend errors.

Maximal size of tx is 20 kB now. NodeJS is single-thread and large blocks processing cause errors. We works with this. If tx uses many outs, its size more than if you will send 10000 XHD, but from ONE ingoing transaction.
Hope you get it fixed.
Just upgraded to latest code.
Running on Linux Debian Jessie.
Merit: 251

Maximal size of tx is 20 kB now. NodeJS is single-thread and large blocks processing cause errors. We works with this. If tx uses many outs, its size more than if you will send 10000 XHD, but from ONE ingoing transaction.
Crash.

Code:
TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined
    at Object.onProcess (/home/hcoin123/hidecoin-master/lib/Tx.js:292:38)
    at helper.processList (/home/hcoin123/hidecoin-master/lib/helper.js:218:19)
    at Object.isValid (/home/hcoin123/hidecoin-master/lib/Tx.js:224:12)
    at Object.Synchronizer.net.on [as callback] (/home/hcoin123/hidecoin-master/lib/Synchronizer.js:265:10)
    at Net.Component.trigger (/home/hcoin123/hidecoin-master/lib/Component.js:17:73)
    at Net.processCommand (/home/hcoin123/hidecoin-master/lib/Net.js:167:22)
    at Object.p2p.on [as callback] (/home/hcoin123/hidecoin-master/lib/Net.js:329:20)
    at P2P.Component.trigger (/home/hcoin123/hidecoin-master/lib/Component.js:17:73)
    at P2P.processMessage (/home/hcoin123/hidecoin-master/lib/P2P.js:104:12)
    at Socket.P2P.serverProcessMessage (/home/hcoin123/hidecoin-master/lib/P2P.js:97:12)

fixed.

Web wallet still broken.
Can not send large amounts.

We have tested sending large amounts. All is OK. How much do you try to send?
Crash.

Code:
    at Object.Synchronizer.net.on [as callback] (/home/hcoin123/hidecoin-master/lib/Synchronizer.js:265:10)
    at Net.Component.trigger (/home/hcoin123/hidecoin-master/lib/Component.js:17:73)
    at Object.p2p.on [as callback] (/home/hcoin123/hidecoin-master/lib/Net.js:329:20)
    at P2P.Component.trigger (/home/hcoin123/hidecoin-master/lib/Component.js:17:73)
    at Socket.P2P.serverProcessMessage (/home/hcoin123/hidecoin-master/lib/P2P.js:97:12)

fixed.

Web wallet still broken.

We have tested sending large amounts. All is OK. How much do you try to send?
Web wallet still broken.
Crash.

Code:
I have been running the wallet for more than 48 hours, open the page or prompted until blockchain synchronization is complete Wait

Fixed some bugs. Try now. Our wallets work normally.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
i will only waiting pool mining?
Pages:
Jump to: