Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XHD] Hidecoin Official thread | Double SHA-256 | NodeJS - page 8. (Read 34876 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 251
Stable version 0.4.13 released
Activity: 762
Merit: 500
Hi - can I get a slack invite?
Sure, please send me your email address via pm.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi - can I get a slack invite?
Information

I am now developing new core for Hidecoin from scratch. Current core has too many bugs and there is no point in fixing a lot of bugs.

You previously said you would continue to develop Hidecoin, but I guess you have changed your mind? Then you said you would develop a merchant interface, but it seems you have ditched that plan as well? It is all sounding a bit random to me  Huh

Coding cryptocurrencies may be a hobby to you, but when you ask for donations and get miners to devote resources to your project you also take on responsibility. So before you launch your next project I think you need to consider things beyond Node.js coding Wink With so many options out there it will be hard to find support for a new project unless it has a clear vision, a timeline, and good communication.

I agree to disagree. Hidecoin is open-source. I contribute to github projects too and I don't ask for return. If hidecoin is a commercial/paid product then it's an entirely different story, you pay them for SLA/feature request and the product support. I really fail to see why the dev is obliged to work the way you want it. He's not even launching an ICO or a crowdfunding campaign..
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
Information

I am now developing new core for Hidecoin from scratch. Current core has too many bugs and there is no point in fixing a lot of bugs.

You previously said you would continue to develop Hidecoin, but I guess you have changed your mind? Then you said you would develop a merchant interface, but it seems you have ditched that plan as well? It is all sounding a bit random to me  Huh

Coding cryptocurrencies may be a hobby to you, but when you ask for donations and get miners to devote resources to your project you also take on responsibility. So before you launch your next project I think you need to consider things beyond Node.js coding Wink With so many options out there it will be hard to find support for a new project unless it has a clear vision, a timeline, and good communication.

i disagree, dev is free to pursue the coin at his discretion, as a donator I would understand if he quit tomorrow. as far as all the things beyond coding - if the code is good enough the other pieces will fall into place. Maybe it never makes it, crypto isn't easy and you can't take anything for granted. personally I'm just glad that people are out there trying experimental currencies like this.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0

I don't take on responsibility. I made decentralized net and open-source core. You can use it without my support. You also can do fork of hidecoin.

Good luck rewriting! Hopefully we can remain on the same chain, so all mined hidecoin isn't lost.

New core is not new protocol, so you will remain on the same chain.
Guy, check your private messages ! Smiley

I don't take on responsibility. I made decentralized net and open-source core. You can use it without my support. You also can do fork of hidecoin.

Good luck rewriting! Hopefully we can remain on the same chain, so all mined hidecoin isn't lost.

New core is not new protocol, so you will remain on the same chain.
Please invite me to slack
Just pm me your email address
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030
Information

You previously said you would continue to develop Hidecoin, but I guess you have changed your mind? Then you said you would develop a merchant interface, but it seems you have ditched that plan as well? It is all sounding a bit random to me  Huh

The dev put a lot of work into this, it's clearly more than a 'hobby'. I don't mind spending (home) resources on innovative ideas.

legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
Information

He simply said he is doing a major redesign for certain modules...
This is not unusual in large software projects.

The current core v 4.11 keeps the blockchain up-to-date...
Hcminer connects, but does not mine as of 3 days ago.
Activity: 546
Information

Activity: 461
Information

Thanks for the update.
Good decision, not many devs would do this.
Maybe we should freeze current chain ?
Start a new one for testing, when done continue with real chain.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030
Information

Does that mean all mined blocks are invalid? If so: *ouch*
Information

legendary
Activity: 1030
Hi, the wallet keeps trying to

Validating block 1/64 (174 B)

goes from like 1/64 to 63/64 and so on.. Blockchain is not synchronizing. Tried deleting the hidecoin core and running over and over. Ran npm install each time too

Please invite me to slack
legendary
Activity: 1588
Do we have an official twitter/reddit yet?

Any code reviews yet on this coin?

Looking for 50000 for 0.2 btc. Pm

Twitter is much more important. Lots you can do there with minimal effort.

All it takes is one (1) influential Twitter Alt Trader to put a coin on the map.
legendary
Do we have an official twitter/reddit yet?

Any code reviews yet on this coin?

Looking for 50000 for 0.2 btc. Pm
Meh, my mining cost per coin is wayyyy above 400 sats
legendary
wtb 50000 for 0.2 btc. Pm
When moving an older wallet.dat file to a new client, do we need the 'wcache-wallet.json' too?

No, but better with wcache-wallet.json if you don't want to wait while it caches again.
Pages:
Jump to: