Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 167. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 222
Merit: 102
5. The Man in the Middle attack.

If an attacker succeeds to put himself between a merchant and the RaiBlocks network he can just filter the double spending payment packets, and the merchant will never know that he is receiving a double spending. The Raiblocks network will discard that payment while the merchant will accept it.

Couldn't the same MitM attack be used in a bitcoin transaction? Connect to all the peers of a merchant and mine 6 blocks containing the double spend while filtering out all longer blocks so the merchant accepts the transaction as valid.

No, because if you MITM a bitcoin merchant, you still have to mine 6 blocks with the difficulty bit set by the real network. And the difficulty only decrease by 1/4 every 2015 blocks. It will be impossible for an attacker to have such power.

Sounds like you found a fatal flaw, you should submit it and collect the bounty. Oh yeah, I forgot, you are just talking out your ass. Nevermind.
Activity: 230
Merit: 101
Can we please get more votes for RaiBlocks at Binance? https://www.binance.com/vote.html

That's what matters the most right now. Ask your friends to vote for Rai as well.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
5. The Man in the Middle attack.

If an attacker succeeds to put himself between a merchant and the RaiBlocks network he can just filter the double spending payment packets, and the merchant will never know that he is receiving a double spending. The Raiblocks network will discard that payment while the merchant will accept it.

https://s18.postimg.org/7pnm6yweh/doublespend.png

Couldn't the same MitM attack be used in a bitcoin transaction? Connect to all the peers of a merchant and mine 6 blocks containing the double spend while filtering out all longer blocks so the merchant accepts the transaction as valid.

No, because if you MITM a bitcoin merchant, you still have to mine 6 blocks with the difficulty bit set by the real network. And the difficulty only decrease by 1/4 every 2015 blocks. It will be impossible for an attacker to have such power.
Everything I posted is real, there is no fud. MiTm attack has been never addressed and is not listed in the possible scenarios by the dev team.

When I pointed the flaw to the dev team they admitted the problem and asked to open a bug report and no, I,m not interested in bringing down the price. That is just ridiculous.

The main problem here is that a merchant must trust all the incoming data, while Bitcoin PoW makes sure that the incoming data is secure. Raiblocks code is poorly designed. And yeah, hackers hacked yahoo, sony, twitter, linkedin, do you really think it will be difficult to make a MITM attack? You are totally blind.

UDP packets are just welcoming attackers to join the party.

Please note that asking the vote for each traansaction has been proposed by the dev team as a solution to this, but other than the network usage you still have to trust the incoming data, infact you have to reach the 51% of online balance, and who tells you how much is this 51%? YOUR PEERS THAT ARE CONTROLLED BY THE ATTACKER.

And yeah, many people will just be blind and continue with their speculation, but money from the sky doesn't change what you are.

LOOLL, yeah, forgot to mention you. Join the other 3 please and show yourself out  Wink

You are not funny, you should explain us how this attack is not possible if you want to shut we up.
Activity: 143
Merit: 10
Everything I posted is real, there is no fud. MiTm attack has been never addressed and is not listed in the possible scenarios by the dev team.

When I pointed the flaw to the dev team they admitted the problem and asked to open a bug report and no, I,m not interested in bringing down the price. That is just ridiculous.

The main problem here is that a merchant must trust all the incoming data, while Bitcoin PoW makes sure that the incoming data is secure. Raiblocks code is poorly designed. And yeah, hackers hacked yahoo, sony, twitter, linkedin, do you really think it will be difficult to make a MITM attack? You are totally blind.

Please note that asking the vote for each traansaction has been proposed by the dev team as a solution to this, but other than the network usage you still have to trust the incoming data, infact you have to reach the 51% of online balance, and who tells you how much is this 51%? YOUR PEERS THAT ARE CONTROLLED BY THE ATTACKER.

And yeah, many people will just be blind and continue with their speculation, but money from the sky doesn't change what you are.

You know so much about the project yet you are a newbie, why not use your real account?

I'd hate to say but the problems listed are real. There is a fundamental flaw in the design, and it was actually pointed out 2 years ago and completely ignored by the dev. Of course with millions at stake for them it's in their best interest to ignore it. Hell, some kill for less money. Do your due diligence people and don't follow fanboys blindly. As far as I'm concerned right now I pretty certain there is 0% chance XRB will replace BTC. You may speculate and you make still make fortunes on the price, but don't fool yourself of the end result. This is not something that can be just fixed. Sorry.

You literally posted this exact same thing just a few pages back (might have been one of your sock puppet accounts). The "flaws" have been addressed numerous times by the dev - nothing but FUD.

To summarize:

The dev was a software engineer at Qualcom, you are a piece of Bitcointalk trash.

To think that some salty teenage third worlders have found some fatal "flaw" that the Raiblocks dev missed is beyond laughable.

Anyway, as you can see by the price your pathetic FUD attempts are rightfully being ignored by the community.

The fact that you are calling me trash only discredits you. You don't know me. And no offense, some of us are software developers too. I am. So forgive me when I say that I don't really give a **** where the dev works as it says absolutely nothing about him. Qualcom's hiring standards aren't exactly NASA-like, and even if they were everybody is entitled to making mistakes.  He's was pointed out  two years ago but somehow he beat around the bush with BS explanations, not admitting he made a mistake. In the end everybody gave up as there was no way to reason with him. You can read the thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/block-lattice-1219264

It's not FUD from people that are jealous. There was nothing to be jealous about in 2015 when this was first pointed out.

Wow, so you are a software dev?! Awesome, I've got great news for you - as kamiyama pointed out, there is a bug bounty going on for Raiblocks. Obviously the dev has overlooked some fatal flaws so you just need to tell him what he missed and collect the reward. Of course you would have to prove the bug, not just talk straight out your ass like you have been doing on here.

Go back to your dumpster before the coffee shop shuts down your free wifi.
Activity: 139

LOOLL, yeah, forgot to mention you. Join the other 3 please and show yourself out  Wink

I'd hate to say but the problems listed are real. There is a fundamental flaw in the design, and it was actually pointed out 2 years ago and completely ignored by the dev. Of course with millions at stake for them it's in their best interest to ignore it. Hell, some kill for less money. Do your due diligence people and don't follow fanboys blindly. As far as I'm concerned right now I pretty certain there is 0% chance XRB will replace BTC. You may speculate and you make still make fortunes on the price, but don't fool yourself of the end result. This is not something that can be just fixed. Sorry.

You literally posted this exact same thing just a few pages back (might have been one of your sock puppet accounts). The "flaws" have been addressed numerous times by the dev - nothing but FUD.

To summarize:

The dev was a software engineer at Qualcom, you are a piece of Bitcointalk trash.

To think that some salty teenage third worlders have found some fatal "flaw" that the Raiblocks dev missed is beyond laughable.

Anyway, as you can see by the price your pathetic FUD attempts are rightfully being ignored by the community.

The fact that you are calling me trash only discredits you. You don't know me. And no offense, some of us are software developers too. I am. So forgive me when I say that I don't really give a **** where the dev works as it says absolutely nothing about him. Qualcom's hiring standards aren't exactly NASA-like, and even if they were everybody is entitled to making mistakes.  He's was pointed out  two years ago but somehow he beat around the bush with BS explanations, not admitting he made a mistake. In the end everybody gave up as there was no way to reason with him. You can read the thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/block-lattice-1219264

It's not FUD from people that are jealous. There was nothing to be jealous about in 2015 when this was first pointed out.

djpitagora, dude, go away and don't come back.
and take the other 2 with you as well: farcais and xibeijan
these 3 users keep posting FUD and overall nonsense over and over again. Just look at their posting history.
I guess its time to go make more sock puppet accounts now, lol.
Activity: 252
Merit: 11

To summarize:

The fact that you are calling me trash only discredits you. You don't know me. And no offense, some of us are software developers too. I am. So forgive me when I say that I don't really give a **** where the dev works as it says absolutely nothing about him. Qualcom's hiring standards aren't exactly NASA-like, and even if they were everybody is entitled to making mistakes.  He's was pointed out  two years ago but somehow he beat around the bush with BS explanations, not admitting he made a mistake. In the end everybody gave up as there was no way to reason with him. You can read the thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/block-lattice-1219264

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

can colin or serg from the xrb team clear our confusion on this? Huh

All of these "concerns" have been addressed numerous times already - it is pure FUD. The same accounts keep posting it over and over again because they are super salty that the XRB price keeps going up and they missed the boat. Ignore them.

there is no such thing as missed the boat. If the coin truly is successful it will still grow around 100x from today's value. The only only way to have missed the boat is if the price goes down. Do you see the contradiction here?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
5 hours ago was made a transaction from exchange to https://raiwallet.com/
but in block explorer there is not unconfirment transation yet and yhe exchange has status paid
https://raiblocks.net/account/index.php?acc=xrb_398kudd8n81ipf7rqza8fw6w7w6momjmuq4tmtqx358t4epwbkw1cd7yi1ap#delegators

in my wallet i have Pending Blocks (Waiting for PoW ...)

You should use Windows or Linux wallet to avoid this delay I'm using that wallet and don't have any kind of issue of pending transaction it working instantly. I think online wallet have some bugs this could be reason for this delay.
To all newcomers to Raiblocks

If you are new to Bitcointalk you may not realize how things work around here. Ask yourself this - why would someone who states that Raiblocks is crap/a pump and dump/full of flaws, etc. keep coming on here posting the same thing over and over again even though it has already been addressed numerous times before? Because they care about noobs and want to protect them from the big bad Raiblocks dev stealing their money? LOL, I think not.

There are 3 reasons for these FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) posts:

1) Usually the person posting the FUD is actually holding the coin they are bashing - they make negative posts in an attempt to drive down the price so they can buy more.

2) They may also be holding a competing coin (IOTA for example) and they are angry that another coin has taken the spotlight away from them. You can spot people in this group as they will often have a signature advertising another coin or they will shill it directly in their post.

3) Pure saltiness. This forum has really gone downhill over the years and it is now filled with desperate, salty children who are angry that they missed the boat.

The world is full of toxic people who cannot accomplish anything on their own so they try to make themselves feel better by attacking other people's accomplishments. Ignore them and DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!

Very well put Sir!
To all newcomers to Raiblocks

If you are new to Bitcointalk you may not realize how things work around here. Ask yourself this - why would someone who states that Raiblocks is crap/a pump and dump/full of flaws, etc. keep coming on here posting the same thing over and over again even though it has already been addressed numerous times before? Because they care about noobs and want to protect them from the big bad Raiblocks dev stealing their money? LOL, I think not.

There are 3 reasons for these FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) posts:

1) Usually the person posting the FUD is actually holding the coin they are bashing - they make negative posts in an attempt to drive down the price so they can buy more.

2) They may also be holding a competing coin (IOTA for example) and they are angry that another coin has taken the spotlight away from them. You can spot people in this group as they will often have a signature advertising another coin or they will shill it directly in their post.

3) Pure saltiness. This forum has really gone downhill over the years and it is now filled with desperate, salty children who are angry that they missed the boat.

The world is full of toxic people who cannot accomplish anything on their own so they try to make themselves feel better by attacking other people's accomplishments. Ignore them and DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!
Activity: 322
Merit: 101

To summarize:

This.

Some low life BCT thread thrashtalk boy from a dumpster finding out flaws is laughable, especially when there is a $900k bounty going on to who ever can find any flaw.
If he is so fucking smart why not claim some of the money for himself instead of posting FUD on a forum?  Grin

The explanation of a man in the middle attack and relating it to the coin is just plain ignorance, it is the same kind of attack described as someone phishing bittrex webpage and stealing the coins, should bittrex be blamed for that ?

And the attack suggested not only a man in the middle, but also at the same time controlling representative nodes and also raiblocks.net
As I explained such an attack is the equivalent of hacking the whole internet

To summarize:

Activity: 420

All of these "concerns" have been addressed numerous times already - it is pure FUD. The same accounts keep posting it over and over again because they are super salty that the XRB price keeps going up and they missed the boat. Ignore them.

thanks for the info Grin

It is about time someone posted this.  Watch now as it tumbles.

You have to be the most ignorant person on this entire forum. Reading your posts is the equivalent of listening to someone take a shit in the stall next to you.
Jump to: