Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 377. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad
Any ideas why is this not yet on more exchanges? Seams like a no brainer. What am I missing?

There have been a few issues, its not based on bitcoin so the wallet/node isn't exactly the same and so requires some interfacing, also as an anti-spam feature there is a PoW which can be taxing for the server when lots of transactions are occurring.

Finally there are some elements of the community who rely on the faucet as a way of life and so can get a little irate when things aren't smooth - the main reason that cryptopia dropped the coin - its not a reflection of the core of the community and there has been work to try and improve this generally. Raiblocks has a very different demographic to other cryptocurrencies - a social anthropologist would have a field day!

XRB is gathering steam, personally I'm focusing on developing usable webservices as hopefully that will create value. Working on integrating XRB with twitter to allow instant rewards for retweeting - check out @xrb_giveaway on twitter and if you want to try it out yourself you can use https://yapraiwallet.space and use the experimental twitter reward system to track your own tweets. The server will monitor a tweet and each unique retweet (where the twitter user includes a xrb address in their profile) it will then send them some xrb.

The exchanges will come - everyone is working towards that goal.

Hey, thanks. Very detailed and informative response from a newbie account. I assume you have been around for quite some time?
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Any ideas why is this not yet on more exchanges? Seams like a no brainer. What am I missing?

There have been a few issues, its not based on bitcoin so the wallet/node isn't exactly the same and so requires some interfacing, also as an anti-spam feature there is a PoW which can be taxing for the server when lots of transactions are occurring.

Finally there are some elements of the community who rely on the faucet as a way of life and so can get a little irate when things aren't smooth - the main reason that cryptopia dropped the coin - its not a reflection of the core of the community and there has been work to try and improve this generally. Raiblocks has a very different demographic to other cryptocurrencies - a social anthropologist would have a field day!

XRB is gathering steam, personally I'm focusing on developing usable webservices as hopefully that will create value. Working on integrating XRB with twitter to allow instant rewards for retweeting - check out @xrb_giveaway on twitter and if you want to try it out yourself you can use https://yapraiwallet.space and use the experimental twitter reward system to track your own tweets. The server will monitor a tweet and each unique retweet (where the twitter user includes a xrb address in their profile) it will then send them some xrb.

The exchanges will come - everyone is working towards that goal.
Activity: 840
Twitter: @FedKassad
Activity: 630
But I see that there is a company already doing something similar. is claimers.io I think.
Send users to RauBlocks faucet and pay them in satoshi? LOL
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
bitgrail

explanation for newbies: Raiblocks is a pow coin (proof of work, google is your friend), so every transaction that the bitgrail's wallet receive/send make the server's cpu working at 100%, when bitgrail has a day like this, with a loooot of transactions, some delays may come up...

Today it was worst than this: today the wall Raiblockschain got reaaaaaaaally slow due to the huge increase of transactions to process.

What happened when this happens? Invalid blocks. Invalid blocks are like not-yet-born children: they are there, but not yet fully built. The same for those blocks. (Don't worry you didn't lose money).

From our side, the rai_node was super duper overloaded of deposits and withdrawals. That  means that if usually it takes 1/15 minutes, now it may take up to 24 hours due to the pending transactions (see about the pow).
Even though this process is automated, the chain and the node needs time.

The only thing to do is to wait
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
But I see that there is a company already doing something similar. is claimers.io I think.

Given your choice of user name and brand new account status, I'm just gonna go ahead and assume you are just shilling for the aforementioned company. 

No need to even click on his link to know that there is NOTHING else like Raiblocks out right now and even if there were, it certainly hasn't been running for over 2 years and gained the user base that Raiblocks has achieved.
Activity: 4

Hi,

I am new on this thing of Raiblocks. As I know you make the currency filling captchas. My question is: Would I be able to develop an application where for example people solve the captchas in exchange of money? is there a fix rate of Raiblocks currency for determinated amount of captchas solved for example let's say 1000?

I know that you need to be in a top 150 each hour to be able to get the money but not sure what is the remuneration here for example for 1000 captcha solved? 

In the site there is not much information about these topics for new users. so sorry for my ignorance

That is not the purpose of this project. The captchas are to implement "Proof of Human". That's all there is about it. Just a method of distribution.

RaiBlocks has no transaction fees and is aiming to tackle scalability.

Activity: 329
Merit: 250
No TX Fees #JustRaiBlocks
Activity: 79
Hey guys, just bought my first couple k of raiBlocks!
Seems like an amazing project.

I'm wondering when it will hit bigger exchanges, any ideas?

Where did you buy them?
I saw them talking about bittrex a few post ago, but there is still some development needed for that.

I bought them at https://bitgrail.com/ Smiley
Activity: 43

Where did you buy them?
I saw them talking about bittrex a few post ago, but there is still some development needed for that.
Activity: 79

Activity: 630
Its about 3 days, Block count only 58 !!

what i have to do now ? I already did peers>refresh and refresh the wallet many times.
You can use this method or leave wallet open and wait

Make sure to save SEED!
If you already set up password, unlock before backup
Advanced --> Accounts --> Backup/clipboard wallet Seed
Then paste with Ctrl+V in Notepad and save in safe place
64 digits and letters
Check twice! Seed is the most important thing to restore your accounts

Close wallet and make sure it's closed in Task Manager Processes (rai_wallet.exe)
Download and extract files from archive to %LOCALAPPDATA%\RaiBlocks with replacement
64 bit (autoupdate): https://yadi.sk/d/fcZgyES73Jzj5T
32 bit (autoupdate): https://yadi.sk/d/fa1oDDsT3JznEY

After replacement start wallet again. Wait for full sync before import!   
Advanced --> Accounts --> Import wallet
 1st field: paste Seed you saved in file before
 2nd field: type
clear keys
 And press Import Seed
 Then check if your old account is restored. If you use more that one account, add others in Advanced --> Accounts --> Create account
Activity: 518
Merit: 252
is there a slack for this group? I tried finding on website and twitter and when I did , it said its not available. If there is , please let me know I am very curious about this coin!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043
Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)
just use the online wallet: https://yapraiwallet.space/
What do you mean by "use the online wallet"?

Online wallets aren't safe to store any value on.
I'm also having the same issue as user who's stuck on block #58.

Have 4 transactions and they're labeled as "not pocketed" on the site's BE.

Activity: 4
Hi,

I am new on this thing of Raiblocks. As I know you make the currency filling captchas. My question is: Would I be able to develop an application where for example people solve the captchas in exchange of money? is there a fix rate of Raiblocks currency for determinated amount of captchas solved for example let's say 1000?

I know that you need to be in a top 150 each hour to be able to get the money but not sure what is the remuneration here for example for 1000 captcha solved? 

In the site there is not much information about these topics for new users. so sorry for my ignorance
Activity: 81
https://twitter.com/BitRushProject
Activity: 81
https://twitter.com/BitRushProject
please remember that the chain has an attack vector of bootstrap poisoning
you mean it can contain malware or it can be with fake blockchain?
At least more researching from the things that are not desirable of all people, that it would harm if it really happened ...

This blockchain has been around for over 2 years and is proven tech with zero double spends or substantial hiccups or "hacks" in that amount of time. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, but one thing is for sure is that the developer is one of the best you can acquire, and in cryptoland, that's gold, constant work is going into this weekly (as seen here: https://github.com/clemahieu/raiblocks/commits/master)

Its all just a matter of time before we hit larger exchanges, this currency, is the next x100. we are slowly ramping up with natural growth 300sat - 600sat - 1000sat - 1400 sat.. i think you all know whats next... the price is not increasing randomly, its increasing because people see potential, when was the last time you seen persistent $40,000 daily volume every single day on a brand new unknown exchange. raiblocks has a extremely high demand. Buy and hold boys - this one is the buy everyone dreams of, only hindered by low volume exchanges - estimated marketcap 100million ~37x current marketcap - with a short to mid term goal. If you inspect BitGrail, sell walls are diminishing, no one wants to give up raiblocks - a measly 27btc stopping it from surging from 1400sat -> 8000 sat - a casual 6x in price, but lets not accept a measly 6x return, lets hold for the 100x and be able to tell your family you can support them all for the rest of their lives.

This currency fixes all of bitcoins problems in one foul swoop - instant transactions, completely free transactions & extreme blockchain scaling - its what bitcoin should be.

Perhaps some kind of partnership incoming  Wink
This is just info on one of the many developers/contributors of RaiBlocks.

#DYOR

mother of god, we are so undervalued right now Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Does anyone have any idea why IOTA is 20 times the price of XRB? Especially since we have a solid development team, regular code updates, a large and great community and most importantly a working and active cryptocurrency?

Whereas IOTA at the moment appears to be simply just vaporware.

Or am I missing something?

20 times?!?

Code:
IOTA:    $1,658,039,845
XRB:         $2,894,936

Try 571 times the price of XRB...

Just imagine what happens when the flippening happens from IOTA to XRB and it will.... Grin

Not to mention that the dev for XRB is much better at handling help requests and criticism.

CfB in IOTA has issues and is very anti-social. He deletes any posts asking for help on IOTA.

Many like me who have been trying to recover their IOTA to the new IOTA have been getting posts related to asking for help deleted. CfB is basically biting the hand that fed and helped his project take off.

"Quantum computing resistant" coin is not possible yet. There is no such thing as quantum resistant tech. The tech for quantum computing is not even close to completion, how can you make something resistant if it doesn't exist yet.
And seriously, money system for machines? Wth? That's too funny.

Eventually everyone will realize that IOTA is pure vaporware, CfB own malicious attitude towards the angel investors and the 2nd wave of investors is all in the forum.

XRB will come out on top because it is real tech with a real purpose.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Does anyone have any idea why IOTA is 20 times the price of XRB? Especially since we have a solid development team, regular code updates, a large and great community and most importantly a working and active cryptocurrency?

20 times?!?

Code:
IOTA:    $1,658,039,845
XRB:         $2,894,936

Try 571 times the price of XRB...

Just imagine what happens when the flippening happens from IOTA to XRB and it will.... Grin
Activity: 58

$1700000000 / $2500000

= 680 x

IOTA is 680x what XRB is  Shocked

long term hold boys, raiblocks will retire you.
Jump to: