Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 615. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I'm against social media accounts used in the process, as it compromises privacy to a degree.

I like the current method, yes, anything can and will be gamed, you can't prevent that.

However what I absolutely love about this distribution method is that anyone in any country no matter how rich or poor, could scoop some Mrai and keep it if they like. Yes, they can always sell it, but there is no pressure as the one the miners have, due to electricity costs.

This is also why I think it should be heavily constrained on time, so that it's less about captchas and more about time.

I want you to seriously consider increasing the Mrai distribution to something like 1,000, once per hour. or 10,000 once per 12 hours.

Then adjust the rewards based on interest, but keep the same long time wait.

i strongly believe in this. Your faucet should not run the way  currently it is runing.

Mrai distribution should be to something like 1,000, once per hour. or 10,000 once per 12 hours. It will discourage the business peoples are doing on your Currency.

Mrai should be popualr but not popular in the wrong way.

Most of the Captha Solving threads not even say its a Currency. they say it their faucet service and they are paying to solve Capatha.

Just see their threads in Services. They are claiming the Faucet is down as they are working in it to increase the reward for Captha solving.

Mrai is a Cryto Currecny..not a Captha solving site only...

Please consider Increasing the time interval to at least 12 hours will discourage this on-going business and only genuine people who want Mrai will collect it.

Thanks

I think time intervals are the best way forward to preventing some of the stuff thats going on , but i don't think it will solve it completely people will still try to profit because there is a market for it and it has value.

Are the threads self moderated? If not post this trade thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/raiblocks-raiblocks-trading-thread-1422828

everyone in those threads will see it is an actual crypto currency , hell even just post this thread to tell them its a currency, it might not prevent them from selling all they collect but they will be aware its a currency and at least some will be saved
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I'm against social media accounts used in the process, as it compromises privacy to a degree.

I like the current method, yes, anything can and will be gamed, you can't prevent that.

However what I absolutely love about this distribution method is that anyone in any country no matter how rich or poor, could scoop some Mrai and keep it if they like. Yes, they can always sell it, but there is no pressure as the one the miners have, due to electricity costs.

This is also why I think it should be heavily constrained on time, so that it's less about captchas and more about time.

I want you to seriously consider increasing the Mrai distribution to something like 1,000, once per hour. or 10,000 once per 12 hours.

i strongly believe in this. Your faucet should not run the way  currently it is runing.

Mrai distribution should be to something like 1,000, once per hour. or 10,000 once per 12 hours. It will discourage the business peoples are doing on your Currency.

Mrai should be popualr but not popular in the wrong way.

Most of the Captha Solving threads not even say its a Currency. they say it their faucet service and they are paying to solve Capatha.

Just see their threads in Services. They are claiming the Faucet is down as they are working in it to increase the reward for Captha solving.

Mrai is a Cryto Currecny..not a Captha solving site only...

Please consider Increasing the time interval to at least 12 hours will discourage this on-going business and only genuine people who want Mrai will collect it.

Thanks
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
I want to know why the faucet getting off many times a day. yesterday it was turn off 3 times. and today it is already showing currently off message..
what  is the matter and when it will be available? I just want to collect some Mrais and sell them in trading thread.

Lol,so you just want to collect free coin and sell them.
Great way to promote mrai.

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
When will be available the faucet?
I want to know why the faucet getting off many times a day. yesterday it was turn off 3 times. and today it is already showing currently off message..
what  is the matter and when it will be available? I just want to collect some Mrais and sell them in trading thread.

This has been explained numerous times, The faucet is following a distribution plan , The exponential rise in interest in the past week or so has caused a huge rush of people claiming coins, only a certain amount of coins are distributed a day , they are getting claimed by so many people that the faucet runs empty, or sometimes it causes the website to overload and slow down, allowing some people to claim and not others, the dev is working his ass off trying to fix the problem and improve the distribution method while sticking with the original distribution plan and numbers .

legendary
Activity: 980
Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.
Activity: 406
OP you should see it as a good sign that so many are believing in your project....Only very few are using the faucet to sell it straight away

I'm trying to collect and sell but I really believe in this project. Why I'm selling. Because I need some fast money now. Later I will collect only for myself.
Activity: 767
Merit: 532
OP you should see it as a good sign that so many are believing in your project....Only very few are using the faucet to sell it straight away
Activity: 406
so what are the last decisions ? Cheesy I slept well and waiting again.
Activity: 513
Merit: 500

been down the road investigating fair distribution a few times, still with no answer.

social media; bad idea, a)as mentioned, for the the crypto types who are anti social media, should people be forced to have an account? b) very gameable, you can buy packs of 1000s of verified social media accounts if you know where too look.

faucets;a) can be gamed b) everyone's on about waste of resources with pow, but shouldn't human time resource be considered even more valuable.

its the internet and any approach can be gamed, and/or can be deemed unfair by various peoples definition (always will get whingers). this coin being under the radar probably so far has saved it from being properly gamed.

on the fair distro point, does it even matter? ie once its traded it becomes as unfair as anything its traded with ie someone rich in fiat can instantly become rich in crypto making crypto no fairer then fiat.

so is there even an answer to 'fair' distibution? if there is i'd like to know.

It is a very detailed and frequently talked about topic, since the beginning of bitcoin there have been hundreds of threads talking about it , i think you are exactly right in that regard , it is completely impossible to create a perfect unless you somehow had photographic unique person proof which cannot be done over a computer .

I think that actively implementing ways to make it fairer , once there have been found obvious manipulations in the system and to keep adapting the system, but i don't know how useful that would be , distracting the dev from developing would be less beneficial than constantly spending most of your waking day fighting to make it fairer
Activity: 238
Merit: 122

A lower rate is definitely what we want for the reasons you listed.  One thing this opens up is more elaborate circumvention of the limiters we currently have because it removes the capcha entry time from the equation.

We could add authentication to a social media account and do verification on account age. I did some research on this a while ago and none of them seem forthcoming with an "account created" time but there are some heuristics that can be applied.

It also seems like some people aren't keeping what they get from the faucet, they turn around and sell it so it goes to whoever can find the most contacts who will trade kind of defeating the usefulness to anyone not doing this.

If social media includes this site , and not the likes of facebook or twitter then that could be beneficial , you got a lot of paranoid , screw the system types here that tend to stay away from social media sites like the plague .

There will always be people that instantly sell once received, i wouldn't be surprised if the % of people doing captchas then trying to sell for the best price right away was similar to that of miners of other crypto currencies.

There has been an interesting discussion on the trading thread about perhaps creating an ad blocker add-on for chrome, easy to download , easy to use, could be used for website owners and surfers alike . something to give people a real world benefit from getting the coin, might help reduce the mount of people selling everything as soon as they get any .

The good thing is, more people than ever are claiming coins, so the spread of the coin is better now and reaching more people, accumulation has happened with every single crypto currency and without harsh restrictions i don't know if it would be able to be managed properly to any degree

been down the road investigating fair distribution a few times, still with no answer.

social media; bad idea, a)as mentioned, for the the crypto types who are anti social media, should people be forced to have an account? b) very gameable, you can buy packs of 1000s of verified social media accounts if you know where too look.

faucets;a) can be gamed b) everyone's on about waste of resources with pow, but shouldn't human time resource be considered even more valuable.

its the internet and any approach can be gamed, and/or can be deemed unfair by various peoples definition (always will get whingers). this coin being under the radar probably so far has saved it from being properly gamed.

on the fair distro point, does it even matter? ie once its traded it becomes as unfair as anything its traded with ie someone rich in fiat can instantly become rich in crypto making crypto no fairer then fiat.

Yea those are some really good points.  I'll have to think about it some more.
legendary
Activity: 1876

A lower rate is definitely what we want for the reasons you listed.  One thing this opens up is more elaborate circumvention of the limiters we currently have because it removes the capcha entry time from the equation.

We could add authentication to a social media account and do verification on account age. I did some research on this a while ago and none of them seem forthcoming with an "account created" time but there are some heuristics that can be applied.

It also seems like some people aren't keeping what they get from the faucet, they turn around and sell it so it goes to whoever can find the most contacts who will trade kind of defeating the usefulness to anyone not doing this.

If social media includes this site , and not the likes of facebook or twitter then that could be beneficial , you got a lot of paranoid , screw the system types here that tend to stay away from social media sites like the plague .

There will always be people that instantly sell once received, i wouldn't be surprised if the % of people doing captchas then trying to sell for the best price right away was similar to that of miners of other crypto currencies.

There has been an interesting discussion on the trading thread about perhaps creating an ad blocker add-on for chrome, easy to download , easy to use, could be used for website owners and surfers alike . something to give people a real world benefit from getting the coin, might help reduce the mount of people selling everything as soon as they get any .

The good thing is, more people than ever are claiming coins, so the spread of the coin is better now and reaching more people, accumulation has happened with every single crypto currency and without harsh restrictions i don't know if it would be able to be managed properly to any degree

still  going to  buy raiblocks, please message me if you want to sell

n

i have created a trade thread, if you are wishing to buy raiblocks there are plenty of people selling them here : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/raiblocks-raiblocks-trading-thread-1422828
Activity: 259
still  going to  buy raiblocks, please message me if you want to sell

n

A plugin like that is a great idea. I approached shapeshift because their lense plugin does something similar but they weren't interested at the time, maybe in the future.

A plugin would have to trigger a wallet action so that whole layer needs to be secure but that type of idea is exactly what we can do.

I sort of started that secondary market and was overwhlemed with people willing to solve captchas. In fact they said this was 10x the going rate. I just wanted to acquire a more decent position in Mrai, but there were no decent offers.

That said - I like what one of the captcha solvers said - for this to be fair, and to eliminate the second market. Why not make it give some large amount, say 10,000 Mrai every 12 hours. or 1,000 every hour, or something along those lines. (You could even dynamically adjust the number based on when the target will be reached).

This achieves 3 things:

* Discourages second markets for captcha solvers (one I am guilty of creating, but not against eliminating the need for it)
* Puts less load on the faucet server, as it spreads transactions out more
* Puts less load on the blockchain, as it will have less total blocks per account

Most of us who want to acquire some in the long run, generally click in our free time, once or twice a day.

Just my 2 rai.

I've try the faucet he said wait 200+ seconds. But when i try to wait the faucet is off
Idk it's still working or not.

nope still aint working, give it time and it will be back online after the dev does what he needs to do
Activity: 476
I've try the faucet he said wait 200+ seconds. But when i try to wait the faucet is off
Idk it's still working or not.
Jump to: