Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 76. (Read 775154 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
worth read

Secret Changes I found in the Nano codebase

https://medium.com/@muidem1000_49085/secret-changes-i-found-in-the-nano-codebase-c23ed6cc3d01

Late last night, I accidentally discovered a group of insiders secretly grabbing control of a billion dollar cryptocurrency. Specially, changes in the Nano v12.1 source code show that now almost everyone no longer is allowed to participate in elections (ie, removing the primary ideological reason why one runs their own node). Nano version 12.1 also includes a new ability for accounts larger than 53 million USD, while critically never announcing either of these major changes publicly...............

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Good project and must join airdrop.
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
Colin LeMahieu, founder of Nano, to present at the Seoul Blockchain online forum on May 10th.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nanocurrency/comments/8h040l/colin_lemahieu_founder_of_nano_to_present_at_the/
Happy Friday everyone! Colin will be giving a presentation during the Seoul Blockchain online forum on May 10th. It will be done over a youtube live stream and will include a 10-minute talk and a 10-minute Q&A. I will post a link to the stream and we get nearer to the event. For more information visit http://bof.seoulblockchain.org/

These types of presentations, as well as appearances by team members in podcasts and other media, will be ramping up as we move to increase Nano's exposure in Korea, China, and Japan.

On the development side of things, the team is working hard on version 13 and getting wallets released.

Clearing up misconceptions of the vote republishing changes
https://www.reddit.com/r/nanocurrency/comments/8h0jg1/clearing_up_misconceptions_of_the_vote/
Hi everyone, just wanted to clear some things up about the changes to vote republishing. It seems like there are some misconceptions out there. First, the simple explanation for the change is that it was done to curb rebroadcast traffic. Specifically, if there was someone who didn’t like the Nano protocol they could use it as an opportunity to spam the network. The change relates to vote rebroadcasting, not voting. After PR #663 was merged, the delegated weight required to rebroadcast votes to other nodes was raised to .1% of the total supply, in order to make the network more efficient. Any online node that has voting weight still votes, but only a smaller portion of nodes actually rebroadcast that vote. Also, this does not affect the rate that blocks can be published. This change was discussed in our public GitHub for some time and we encourage everyone to get involved, review PR’s and offer feedback.
Activity: 245
Merit: 101

There  are no incentives  to keep  the network secure,  this  means  that  there are more incentives  to attak the network, than to secure it.

Any  currency coin has already failed.. because it is volatile. I cant send 1 million in Nano   the price fluctuate and then I will end up   with 800k

Also  you dont pay fee  for the  transfer, but  you always  pay fee  to  stwitch  from  dollars  to Nano.

Nano has  not even  some kind of reward  for  the full node  runners.  IOTA  has  the monetization  of  the DATA  as form of reward  for full node runners

You clearly don't have a clue how Nano works
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Are there any plans to reduce bandwidth usage for nodes?
What are the plans to reduce bandwidth usage for nodes? It is incredibly high! Shocked
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

There  are no incentives  to keep  the network secure,  this  means  that  there are more incentives  to attak the network, than to secure it.

Any  currency coin has already failed.. because it is volatile. I cant send 1 million in Nano   the price fluctuate and then I will end up   with 800k

Also  you dont pay fee  for the  transfer, but  you always  pay fee  to  stwitch  from  dollars  to Nano.

Nano has  not even  some kind of reward  for  the full node  runners.  IOTA  has  the monetization  of  the DATA  as form of reward  for full node runners

legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
Hey guys what a good news have for RaiBlocks? My wallet in old pc idle around for almost a year, will the old versions wallet compatible the new version?

There is no more RaiBlocks,now it is just Nano,a few months ago there was a rebranding.I hope you have seed from your old wallet-then you just need to import that seed in latest version and sync.But since sync can be very slow you can use small help and download blockchain first from this link (read instruction) : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sP1z9S011f1W_0nK1KJ-UCJbjaNmk8GQ
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005
Hmmm..here is a good chance to become an early adopter. I think so because it's a really working project that could be useful for everyday payment. No fee and instant transaction!
Activity: 854
Merit: 253
Hey guys what a good news have for RaiBlocks? My wallet in old pc idle around for almost a year, will the old versions wallet compatible the new version?
Activity: 189
Merit: 1
I saw on telegram channel that Binance announcement about Nano competition. I hope it can motivate people to trading Nano on Binance and aim to be the winner of this competition, also more people know about Nano coin. Here it's the announcement :
https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003308572

Is correct!
Trading competetion is ongoing for Nano on Binance.. Volumes are already rising!
Be quick and don't miss the boat! Smiley
Activity: 308
Merit: 13
ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY
I saw on telegram channel that Binance announcement about Nano competition. I hope it can motivate people to trading Nano on Binance and aim to be the winner of this competition, also more people know about Nano coin. Here it's the announcement :

it might help, but not really necessary in my eyes. there is no real competition to binance right now for NANO.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
All this broken english with repetitive trolls, fud fud  Roll Eyes

Oh, forgive us "Mr. English language Man", forgive us for not knowing how to write in your beloved language and do it wrong, according to your opinion abstract and retrograde, because all this, removes authority to say in your face with our poor "broken English" what you dislike to listen. You dominate the language of ignorance that, if we have two fingers of skull, we understand well. Cheers..

English is my 2nd language  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Activity: 51
Reality is that which is generating volume on market and has trust of traders. Nano is moving again upwards in small steps after increase in price again it was obvious to see a fresh wave of critics. If it was staying in consolidating mode many people were happy. It will not stop performing even sometimes issues appear but they have solution this is to be remembered.

Yeah that's mostly the case in crypto world once a coin starts to gain in volume and increase in price, a wave of critics starts to appear and spread FUD everywhere causing the price to dip a little bit but honestly I'm currently happy with the performance of nano in the market, it's not skyrocketing but slowly it's increasing in value which is a good sign that the market is starting to mature. If this keeps up then we can expect a much stronger market and a much stronger support points. Price might be slowly increasing but we'll get there, we'll eventually get back to being part of the top 20.

The account is very simple in the eyes of the normal .... 1 Nano = 0.01% of the Bitcoin value then for the Nano to reach the $ 20 dollars the Bitcoin must first reach $ 20,000...
Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Reality is that which is generating volume on market and has trust of traders. Nano is moving again upwards in small steps after increase in price again it was obvious to see a fresh wave of critics. If it was staying in consolidating mode many people were happy. It will not stop performing even sometimes issues appear but they have solution this is to be remembered.

Yeah that's mostly the case in crypto world once a coin starts to gain in volume and increase in price, a wave of critics starts to appear and spread FUD everywhere causing the price to dip a little bit but honestly I'm currently happy with the performance of nano in the market, it's not skyrocketing but slowly it's increasing in value which is a good sign that the market is starting to mature. If this keeps up then we can expect a much stronger market and a much stronger support points. Price might be slowly increasing but we'll get there, we'll eventually get back to being part of the top 20.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
Activity: 189
Merit: 1
Nano is quite undervalued but market sooner or later discovers the anomaly. Wouldn't be surprised to see $20+ in some time.market always corrects it self over time.nano is an easy top 10 project.

Couldn't agree with you mate, nano is just being quiet right now, the chart looks pretty good so I'm very optimistic regarding the future of nano. Nano really has what it takes to be a part of the top 10, it's just not getting massly adopted right now because exchanges seems to have quite a problem with their nano wallets that's why trading seems to be off then on again but I think once this nodes issues will be fix then nano will really dominate the top 10, it might be undervalued right now but in the right time we can see nano flying again. I just hope in the coming months, nano will get into a partnership with reputable companies or even websites, if it will just be in partnership with just 1 popular site then I'm sure nano will reach more than $20.

It's the fastest currency coin with zero transaction fees. Nano will be used in every part of the for commerce in next few years. I know this sounds crazy, but once we get on Binance you'll see the true potential of this coin.

It´s quite hard to believe. I hope for the usage, but you have to agree, that actually a higher price is not always that great for usage and adoption.

Indeed..But price right now is really under it's value..
This is such a great coin, and i truely belive this is a game changing coin for all crypto.
Should be a top 10 coin in my opinion.
Activity: 308
Merit: 13
ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY
Nano is quite undervalued but market sooner or later discovers the anomaly. Wouldn't be surprised to see $20+ in some time.market always corrects it self over time.nano is an easy top 10 project.

Couldn't agree with you mate, nano is just being quiet right now, the chart looks pretty good so I'm very optimistic regarding the future of nano. Nano really has what it takes to be a part of the top 10, it's just not getting massly adopted right now because exchanges seems to have quite a problem with their nano wallets that's why trading seems to be off then on again but I think once this nodes issues will be fix then nano will really dominate the top 10, it might be undervalued right now but in the right time we can see nano flying again. I just hope in the coming months, nano will get into a partnership with reputable companies or even websites, if it will just be in partnership with just 1 popular site then I'm sure nano will reach more than $20.

It's the fastest currency coin with zero transaction fees. Nano will be used in every part of the for commerce in next few years. I know this sounds crazy, but once we get on Binance you'll see the true potential of this coin.

It´s quite hard to believe. I hope for the usage, but you have to agree, that actually a higher price is not always that great for usage and adoption.
Activity: 155

Activity: 560
Merit: 252
NANO is becoming extremely resilient to FUD. Which is necessary process. Bitcoin went through it, now nano is going through it. Next step is adoption, once businesses see how convenient it is to use nano as a payment  method compared to bitcoin, nano adoption will spread very quickly.
Pages:
Jump to: