Author

Topic: [ANN][XST] Stealth-Coin.com | Tor | StealthText, World's first anonymous SMS Tx! - page 378. (Read 748429 times)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

I personally don't have an issue with releasing the white paper so long as Stealthsend is still on time to be released.
I get what your saying regards letting the competition see your plans early and copying.

What if you released a slimmed down version of the paper with key pieces missing for now. ( basically the techy stuff you don't want other teams to see as of yet )?

I agree with this 100%.

The white paper is a crucial element, but I see no problems with giving the Dev time to perfect it, so long as StealthSend is not delayed.

Additionally, the aspect of white paper details being viewed by competition is unavoidable -- once the white paper is released, it becomes public to anyone and everyone.

I don't know if a "slimmed down" whitepaper is desirable though, given the fact that the white paper will be written in plain English and will most likely not include bits of code crucial to the technical development of a "clone." Rather, the whitepaper will probably explain the necessary details of StealthSend in a wholesome and understandable way without necessarily revealing anything that could be 'copy/pasted' into a StealthSend clone.

Very excited about the future of this endeavor!  
Activity: 824
Merit: 501
Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th
What if you released a slimmed down version of the paper with key pieces missing for now. ( basically the techy stuff you don't want other teams to see as of yet )?

I could do that. Of course the technical part makes it a whitepaper, per se.

Haha yea as soon as I pressed post I was like what have I just said lol.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Hondo again, using my StealthSend address.

I'm checking in here at bitcointalk tonight.

First of all, sorry about that post with the big red letters directed at HunterS. That was me, but I wanted to get his attention because I don't want to see him lose his XST. I checked out Hunter's address and noticed that he had done a lot of work creating staking transactions. This effort really helps to secure the blockchain and get transactions processed. I live for stable networks and smooth transaction processing, so seeing all that stake really makes me happy.

Second (and related to Hunter's efforts), I calculated the growth of the money supply since StealthCoin went pure PoS. Because so many people keep coins on exchanges or offline, the money supply has been growing at about 4.8% per year since the switch. What follows is the calculation. (1) The money supply at the switch was 20716721.24 XST. (2) The money supply when I made the calculation about an hour ago was 20776246.37 XST. (3) The change in money was 0.287% during that time ([20776246.37 - 20716721.24] / 20716721.24). (4) The number of days since PoS has been about 21.8, or 0.0597 of a year. Therefore, the APR over that time is 0.287% / 0.0597 = 4.8%!

What's that mean to people who are staking continuously? Well, if you stake continuously, you'll earn interest at about 21% (compounded nominal 20%), meaning your money at the end of a year will be 1.21 times what it was at the beginning. However, the money supply will only be 1.048 times what it was at the beginning. That means your actual control of the money supply will grow at 15.46% ([1.21 - 1.048) / 1.048])! In other words, just by continuously staking, you will earn 15.46% of real money supply! That is, you won't just be keeping up with the money supply, you will be getting ahead of it!

Third, I'd like to ask the community what they think about postponing release of the white paper. In it, I discuss how StealthSend works, but I also include some necessary details that may help other teams duplicate our efforts. After much reflection, I feel like it would be better to release the whitepaper maybe 5 days before StealthSend (which is still scheduled for the end of September). What do you guys think?

I was actually wondering about copycats taking the idea, once the white paper gets released. Since there is such a gap in between the white paper and the actual release of StealthSend, I think it's wise to wait.

Yes, releasing the white paper will get people excited and will probably cause a spike in the value, but nothing will make the coin more valuable than actually being ready to release something of value that no other coin has.

We basically have to trust that there IS such a thing and that you ACTUALLY know what your doing. I'm sure everyone here knows that crypto is a gamble though..so that just goes with the territory. Two months is a long time to wait in cryptoland...I hope you guys will fill the gap with something so the community will keep faith in this project.
Activity: 85
Because privacy is a basic human right.

I could do that. Of course the technical part makes it a whitepaper, per se.
Activity: 824
Merit: 501
Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th

First of all, sorry about that post with the big red letters directed at HunterS. That was me, but I wanted to get his attention because I don't want to see him lose his XST. I checked out Hunter's address and noticed that he had done a lot of work creating staking transactions. This effort really helps to secure the blockchain and get transactions processed. I live for stable networks and smooth transaction processing, so seeing all that stake really makes me happy.

Second (and related to Hunter's efforts), I calculated the growth of the money supply since StealthCoin went pure PoS. Because so many people keep coins on exchanges or offline, the money supply has been growing at about 4.8% per year since the switch. What follows is the calculation. (1) The money supply at the switch was 20716721.24 XST. (2) The money supply when I made the calculation about an hour ago was 20776246.37 XST. (3) The change in money was 0.287% during that time ([20776246.37 - 20716721.24] / 20716721.24). (4) The number of days since PoS has been about 21.8, or 0.0597 of a year. Therefore, the APR over that time is 0.287% / 0.0597 = 4.8%!

What's that mean to people who are staking continuously? Well, if you stake continuously, you'll earn interest at about 21% (compounded nominal 20%), meaning your money at the end of a year will be 1.21 times what it was at the beginning. However, the money supply will only be 1.048 times what it was at the beginning. That means your actual control of the money supply will grow at 15.46% ([1.21 - 1.048) / 1.048])! In other words, just by continuously staking, you will earn 15.46% of real money supply! That is, you won't just be keeping up with the money supply, you will be getting ahead of it!

Third, I'd like to ask the community what they think about postponing release of the white paper. In it, I discuss how StealthSend works, but I also include some necessary details that may help other teams clone our efforts. After much reflection, I feel like it would be better to release the whitepaper maybe 5 days before StealthSend (which is still scheduled for the end of September). What do you guys think?

I personally don't have an issue with releasing the white paper so long as Stealthsend is still on time to be released.
I get what your saying regards letting the competition see your plans early and copying.

Activity: 85
Because privacy is a basic human right.

Third, I'd like to ask the community what they think about postponing release of the white paper. In it, I discuss how StealthSend works, but I also include some necessary details that may help other teams duplicate our efforts. After much reflection, I feel like it would be better to release the whitepaper maybe 5 days before StealthSend (which is still scheduled for the end of September). What do you guys think?

Activity: 61
I am glad you found them. Grin Now you really need to figure out how they got in. Which may be the tougher problem. Good luck!! Let us know when you figure it out so we can all be on the lookout.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
hey guys.this is my old address that my coins were in SJhtGsKGgnJGqYbfZMkv8JKL23eqiDQD1C
seems they got in some how and got my wallet dat.not sure how with Norton sercutrity and everything else I have running.its saying coins are still at that address.my address changed in my stealth wallet and is now empty.worst thing was I just got 5000 stealth for stake challenge.lol.all I can say I hope karma gets them.

If the coins are still at that address, no one stole them.

If you have a backup wallet you are good.

Making a backup is one of the instructions here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8046182

In fact, the dev says twice in there to backup your wallet:

"Make a copy of your wallet.dat file and put it somewhere safe."
"When you have synced completely, stop the client, back up your wallet.dat again"

I hope this point isn't lost on other people.

ok looks like I found my coins.im not sure what happen but I saw a file called stealthcoin.dat and vootcoin.dat I changed them to wallet.dat and my coins are there.can anyone explain what might of happened
looks like they got my voot but I still go my stealth

SEND THEM TO ANOTHER ADDRESS THAT YOU CONTROL IMMEDIATELY.
ok guys .cheers for all the responses.looks like all they got was my voot.which I can live with.they tried getting bluecoin,stealth,quidcoin.but these were secure seems I didn't secure the voot with encrypted wallet.must of missed that one some how.got everything upto date and protected and just backed everything up again.looks like they were changing my wallet.dat to the name of each coin so they knew what wallet to put it in.i feel a lot better now Grin I also did clean install of windows and formatted all my hard drives
Activity: 305
Merit: 100
hey guys.this is my old address that my coins were in SJhtGsKGgnJGqYbfZMkv8JKL23eqiDQD1C
seems they got in some how and got my wallet dat.not sure how with Norton sercutrity and everything else I have running.its saying coins are still at that address.my address changed in my stealth wallet and is now empty.worst thing was I just got 5000 stealth for stake challenge.lol.all I can say I hope karma gets them.

Making a backup is one of the instructions here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8046182

"When you have synced completely, stop the client, back up your wallet.dat again"

ok looks like I found my coins.im not sure what happen but I saw a file called stealthcoin.dat and vootcoin.dat I changed them to wallet.dat and my coins are there.can anyone explain what might of happened

SEND THEM TO ANOTHER ADDRESS THAT YOU CONTROL IMMEDIATELY.

Activity: 742

Activity: 750
Merit: 511
Looks like the wallet files were lost not stolen.
1. Do you have a backup of your wallet file or private key?
2. Did something changed that could affect the location of the files? Run the search on all computer for "wallet.dat".
3. Is Windows Backup or Restore Points are enabled? You can try to restore previous version of your wallet file (do backup before).
You can find you wallet folder there by default:
Code:
Windows < Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\StealthCoin
Windows >= Vista: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\StealthCoin
Activity: 750
Merit: 511
Cheers to this poster for this.  Very good.  I'm going to check out that password manager, also sanbox is a great idea, I totally forgot about them.  Any recomended sandbx software?
I am using the Sandboxie.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
In the roadmap section on Stealth-Coin.com, it shows the new wallet functionality and analytical tools section is checked like it's finished.

Is that true?
Activity: 742
I have 24 active connections. Never had a problem with any wallet. Bittrex has 20 active connections (https://bittrex.com/Status). But somehow you can't do anything right, you fucking troll.

The problems people are reporting are with 2FA and bittrex (possibly). Don't try to jump on board and hang shit on stealth.

Sorry, I thought this is where we talked about stuff going on. I am new to crypto and to forums. If have questions or concerns I thought this would be where I could get them answered. You are right, I guess, I can't do anything right. I have been having problems from the start and they were solved by following the solutions given in this forum. Things have been right as rain since the new wallet and until just now. Maybe calling everyone trolls is how it works. I don't know. New guy here and this is the 1st coin I have been involved in. I had mined a little here and there over the last month just trying to learn. I have high hopes for the coin and I have been mining on wafflepool just to make more BTC so I can try to buy a little more XST. Every 3 days I make enough for a payout of a whole .005BTC to buy more. I don't have much compared to you big fish. I will pm someone if I have questions in the future so you don't have to be bothered. Thanks.

Yeah, if there is an issue with any coin, trolls come out in droves, even if the issue isn't really with the coin.

I was cool until there was a herd of the little troll fuckers here a couple of weeks back, and now I just like to bash anyone I think might be one.

Trolls are the worst thing about crypto hands down.
Activity: 61
Bookworm! Really thanks for the xst.

It was zeerobje's idea, thank him.
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
I have 24 active connections. Never had a problem with any wallet. Bittrex has 20 active connections (https://bittrex.com/Status). But somehow you can't do anything right, you fucking troll.

The problems people are reporting are with 2FA and bittrex (possibly). Don't try to jump on board and hang shit on stealth.

Sorry, I thought this is where we talked about stuff going on. I am new to crypto and to forums. If have questions or concerns I thought this would be where I could get them answered. You are right, I guess, I can't do anything right. I have been having problems from the start and they were solved by following the solutions given in this forum. Things have been right as rain since the new wallet and until just now. Maybe calling everyone trolls is how it works. I don't know. New guy here and this is the 1st coin I have been involved in. I had mined a little here and there over the last month just trying to learn. I have high hopes for the coin and I have been mining on wafflepool just to make more BTC so I can try to buy a little more XST. Every 3 days I make enough for a payout of a whole .005BTC to buy more. I don't have much compared to you big fish. I will pm someone if I have questions in the future so you don't have to be bothered. Thanks.

Yaaa don't mind him.  There are lots of trolls and overly defensive people in crypto.  Don't take it personal.  Either troll back or ignore them and be happy. 
Jump to: