Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 59. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 809
Merit: 501
August 13, 2014, 03:50:01 PM
Well, I have to chime in here as a merchant that made a special exception for YAC on my bitcoinmegamart.com . Don't you be throwing stones at CoinPayments.net, it was the YAC community that did not participate by supporting the merchants who provide a vehicle in which your coin can actually become a spendable currency. Is that not the point of cybercurrency? 99% percent of people in these forums are only out to do one thing, Pump and Dump. I didn't bribe YAC or ask YAC for one coin, I set up a special payment method Just for YAC. I posted announcements at the YAC forum and here to let members know that they have a spendable coin on something besides YAC promotional novelties. One would think that at least one YACr would have come by a dropped 5-10$ on something. Not one.   Don't blame your communities apathy on folks trying to do good things for the cybercurrency community as a whole.

Perhaps that came across more hostile toward CoinPayments than intended. I love the concept of that site and what they have done. I said they probably would have added YAC back if I made the argument. I can't really blame them except they didn't set the rules on getting delisted ahead of time.

The good thing about paying in YAC is a perception of acceptance. With that said, I think getting on CoinPayments really wouldn't help the price--although it wouldn't hurt. Considering the marketcap and how dependent it is on bitcoin, I don't see why paying through the Cryptsy option or converting to bitcoin to pay is not just as good. It is just a question of what is cheaper in terms of fees. Because a vote costs bitcoin now, I definitely think that bitcoin is better spent elsewhere in support of YAC at this point.
Activity: 318
Merit: 100
August 13, 2014, 02:33:12 PM
That was great until those miners just jumped off. I think that would be called a difficulty attack? It's important that anyone interested in the future YAC contributes to the hashrate!

I also urge people NOT to vote for YAC on CoinPayments. Why? YAC was already on CoinPayments, but it was removed because no one paid in YAC for months. I'm sure I could have convinced them to add it back, but I really don't think it would have done much good. It is frustrating to watch the multitude of exchanges now take the bribe-bitcoin and deslist a coin, stop adding coins, shutdown completely. I just think that bribe-money is much better spent simply buying YACoin on Cryptsy or contributing to the bounties.

Well, I have to chime in here as a merchant that made a special exception for YAC on my bitcoinmegamart.com . Don't you be throwing stones at CoinPayments.net, it was the YAC community that did not participate by supporting the merchants who provide a vehicle in which your coin can actually become a spendable currency. Is that not the point of cybercurrency? 99% percent of people in these forums are only out to do one thing, Pump and Dump. I didn't bribe YAC or ask YAC for one coin, I set up a special payment method Just for YAC. I posted announcements at the YAC forum and here to let members know that they have a spendable coin on something besides YAC promotional novelties. One would think that at least one YACr would have come by a dropped 5-10$ on something. Not one.   Don't blame your communities apathy on folks trying to do good things for the cybercurrency community as a whole.
August 13, 2014, 04:54:23 AM
That was great until those miners just jumped off. I think that would be called a difficulty attack? It's important that anyone interested in the future YAC contributes to the hashrate!

I also urge people NOT to vote for YAC on CoinPayments. Why? YAC was already on CoinPayments, but it was removed because no one paid in YAC for months. I'm sure I could have convinced them to add it back, but I really don't think it would have done much good. It is frustrating to watch the multitude of exchanges now take the bribe-bitcoin and deslist a coin, stop adding coins, shutdown completely. I just think that bribe-money is much better spent simply buying YACoin on Cryptsy or contributing to the bounties.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
August 10, 2014, 01:33:00 PM
Two huge miners on coinmine.pl are really taking over, they just dwarf everyone to oblivion...

Yeah, I noticed the difficultly jumped form 203 to 505 in about 48 hours.  Looks like someone wants some YACs while there easy to mine!
legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
August 10, 2014, 11:47:54 AM
Two huge miners on coinmine.pl are really taking over, they just dwarf everyone to oblivion...
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
August 08, 2014, 12:50:42 PM
Thanks Roller24: I will test out your store soon. Just need to get some more YAC Smiley

I will either buy more soon or load up my wallet Smiley
Activity: 318
Merit: 100
August 08, 2014, 12:29:15 PM
Greetings to the YAC community.
Bitcoinmegamart.com is now accepting payment for products in YAC
30,000 items and more being added each day. Will keep adding until 75000 items are reached.
Near wholesale prices on computer parts, pads, phones, smartwatches, drones, security systems , tattoo needles, You name it, the megamart will have it or get it for you.

Here's how to pay with YAC
You must have a Cryptsy account.  If you don't have one get one HERE
Find the item you want to purchase and place your order using the Cryptsy option.
Follow the instructions carefully. It's quite simple.
If YAC can make it onto Coinpayments.net, then it will be even simpler. So go vote YAC in!!

Activity: 516
CAT.EX Exchange
August 07, 2014, 03:08:38 AM
It's highly doubtful that cryptocoins in its current form will be still in fashion in 5-10 years.

All cryptocoins will be dead in 5-10 years? What would be the point of hard forking a coin again?

What I meant was that by then cryptocoin technology would have evolved so much that cryptocoins in their today's form, with all their disadvantages, would have little point to exist. Every coin alive will have moved on. Those without devs attention will be left behind with no POW feed. YAC would have undergone perhaps more than one hardforks if the devs are still active. The high inflation problem will pobably have been recognized and fixed. So talking about inflation reaching 5% in YAC's current life (in at least 33 years) is next to meaningless ... well maybe except in a cryptocoin mueseum.

YAC will suffer from great and nearly constant sell pressure throughout It's current life, and should not be treated as a credible currency. 

I remember a time when a lot of friends would just buy stock in Google. It was a seemingly no-risk investment that was guaranteed to go up. One would say there was constant buy pressure. There seemed to be an obvious trend. And well, it turned out you can't just look at a trend and predict the future that easily. I was buying up tons of LiteCoin until I got frustrated and sold 13,000 at $1.60. One week later, the price had skyrocketed to $48. There was constant sell pressure I swear... until the Chinese came in. It still definitely makes me sick to think how much I could have made, but that is speculation for you.

I agree that there will be expected and unexpected up and downs. It's conceivable that hash rate will go up and consequently inflation and sell pressure will go down for YAC. I am just pointing out that at low network hash rate the 100+% inflation (max=200%) , and sell pressure, are written in the code and unavoidable, unless behavior of market prices.
August 06, 2014, 11:13:32 AM
Yeah... exactly... buy all you can... YAC is ridiculously underpriced right now.
August 05, 2014, 06:29:26 PM
IPO and instamine scams are bad. But YAC is going to the opposite extreme.

You may be right. The beauty of the free market is that not one person is smarter than the voluntary interactions of the many. I think the price at this point has reflected that YAC has gone to the opposite extreme, but I don't think it will be so in the future. There are other factors that can affect the price, hash rate, volume. There are a lot of scenarios and opportunities that could be very beneficial for YAC.

It's highly doubtful that cryptocoins in its current form will be still in fashion in 5-10 years.

All cryptocoins will be dead in 5-10 years? What would be the point of hard forking a coin again?

YAC will suffer from great and nearly constant sell pressure throughout It's current life, and should not be treated as a credible currency. 

I remember a time when a lot of friends would just buy stock in Google. It was a seemingly no-risk investment that was guaranteed to go up. One would say there was constant buy pressure. There seemed to be an obvious trend. And well, it turned out you can't just look at a trend and predict the future that easily. I was buying up tons of LiteCoin until I got frustrated and sold 13,000 at $1.60. One week later, the price had skyrocketed to $48. There was constant sell pressure I swear... until the Chinese came in. It still definitely makes me sick to think how much I could have made, but that is speculation for you.

It will basically be an interesting POW algorithm experiment and a tool for speculation.

That sounds good in a way. It also sounds exactly.like.bitcoin.
CAT.EX Exchange
August 05, 2014, 08:42:39 AM
The market is totally flooded with coins that hand a tremendous advantage to people who grab some near the beginning. I doubt joining that very long list of coins will significantly improve YACoin's long term prospect.

IPO and instamine scams are bad. But YAC is going to the opposite extreme. 40 times today's YAC supply will have to be created before YAC becomes a dominanly POS cion. It will take several decades to accomplish that as shown in my previous post. It's highly doubtful that cryptocoins in its current form will be still in fashion in 5-10 years. YAC will suffer from great and nearly constant sell pressure throughout It's current life, and should not be treated as a credible currency.  It will basically be an interesting POW algorithm experiment and a tool for speculation.
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
August 03, 2014, 12:05:10 PM
Isn't that actually a good thing in terms of favoring late investors??

In my mind, for long term, yes. If I'm to worry about the reward scheme, I'd worry more about the reward coming down too fast if this becomes popular.

Apart from being the first N-change coin, YACoin's POW reward scheme is very much a special feature that shouldn't be touched lightly. The reward dependence on hashrate, together with the N-change schedule give the reward plan something like a fat middle period IF mining capital investment remains the same. Obviously, that mining investment depends on popularity which is hard to predict. Still, this is quite an interesting feature since the overwhelming majority of coins have rewards that never increase. Most go way down in just a few years, and in recent months, the fashion is to have the rewards go way down in just a few months, or weeks, or go to 0 from the start. The market is totally flooded with coins that hand a tremendous advantage to people who grab some near the beginning. I doubt joining that very long list of coins will significantly improve YACoin's long term prospect.
August 03, 2014, 09:38:38 AM
When a coin does become unprofitable to mine that is definitely the time to start buying. Very cheap to buy a million YAC at these prices and to be honest I'm very tempted to do so over the next month or so.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
August 02, 2014, 02:07:22 PM
Maybe to help miner profitability we could pay transaction fees instead of destroying them.

I really hope we get a price rise soon though. I keep telling people to buy as much YAC as they can because I think it's going up. I really hope i'm right.

Profitability of almost all the coins is very poor at the moment. I can remember a time when my mining rig earned more than I did.

I remember when my mining rigs made more then I did too.   All Altcoins are down, but YAC has a strong foundation and will continue to be there in the future.

Good discussion in the last few posts.  Personally, I think the block rewards, coin value, and mining hash rate could all be improved with the multipool we placed a bounty on a few months ago.

http://forum.yacoin.org/index.php?topic=639.msg3238#msg3238

Anyone willing, or know someone, who could help set something like this up?   Even if it was scrypt mining that paid in YAC to get started - I would move all of my miners there.
CAT.EX Exchange
August 02, 2014, 01:30:10 PM
The current parameters favors late miners.

I'm not sure what exactly is favoring late miners.  Looking strictly at block reward, maybe, but if you compare it to price (against BTC and BTC price), late miners don't get much...

It was in block reward sense. At 120% inflation, new (or just say current) miners will own more coins than all other current owners of YAC in less than a year.  The price of a newly mined YAC is the same as that of an old one. YAC wealth is redistributed in favor of the current miners
August 02, 2014, 01:29:11 PM
Maybe to help miner profitability we could pay transaction fees instead of destroying them.

I really hope we get a price rise soon though. I keep telling people to buy as much YAC as they can because I think it's going up. I really hope i'm right.

Profitability of almost all the coins is very poor at the moment. I can remember a time when my mining rig earned more than I did.
CAT.EX Exchange
August 02, 2014, 12:15:26 PM
It was you and thanks for that. Many contributors, too. I have heard you profitted nicely in the deal. Hope you contribute more.

?

Read it when you were thought to have left the community. If true it's not a bad thing that those who contribute get rewarded.
Activity: 693
August 02, 2014, 10:48:49 AM
The current parameters favors late miners.

Disagree.  I've been mining YACoin since May 13, 2013 at every difficulty and every NFactor.  From a YAC->BTC revenue, YAC was best around July 2013 with another good period this past December/January.  Right now, mining is not terribly "profitable".  It's still more than the cost of electricity, and my mining rigs paid for themselves months ago, so they're still running, but I have to evaluate whether to keep going every month.

I'm not sure what exactly is favoring late miners.  Looking strictly at block reward, maybe, but if you compare it to price (against BTC and BTC price), late miners don't get much...
Activity: 347
Merit: 250
August 02, 2014, 06:14:41 AM
It was you and thanks for that. Many contributors, too. I have heard you profitted nicely in the deal. Hope you contribute more.

?
August 02, 2014, 04:34:09 AM
Hey guys,

Just been reading your comments. Obviously there are interesting to me as I am a large holder of Yacoin.
I do have a question though. Sorry if I have gone off topic.

Does YAC support multisig?

I ask because I want to try to get it listed on some decentralised exchanges and markets.
Pages:
Jump to: