Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 60. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 516
Merit: 500
CAT.EX Exchange
August 02, 2014, 12:58:26 AM
The inflation is now 118% pa, or 10% per month, not counting POS.

The inflation decreases over time as the number of mined coins over time becomes a smaller and smaller amount relative to the overall number of coins in existence.  Look at what it will be a few years down the road.

There is no guarantee that mined coins will decrease. I hope YAC is till there in a few years. One and one miner can 51% any day. More about security below.

Again, I think your enthusiasm is admirable. It seems to me though that you are very focused on the price of YACoin per Bitcoin? I suggest you look into mining as it is a great way to acquire YACoins, especially if you aren't minting very many through PoS. You have the best people here to assist you with that.

You make some good points. I think you should look at inflation differently. Inflation is a term we are using to describe the increase of money supply. There is one problem with that assumption: YACoin has not been accepted as a form of money by any means, not even close. We are in an adoption phase. I mean even Bitcoin is in an adoption phase that is designed to last for over a hundred years before reaching it's inflation rate of 0.

People will speculate based on future inflation rate more so than the current inflation rate. WindMaster made the point that inflation is a ratio of new coins being created versus coins already in existence. If block reward was a constant 100 forever, PoW inflation rate would decrease over time because the ratio gets smaller and smaller as coins in existence increases. Someone who is pessimistic about the high block reward should wait to enter the market at a price where they think even the 100 block reward limit won't theoretically result in a huge change in price from everyone mining and dumping.

I understand the term of inflation in cryptocurrency world. I can agree with you and WM on the bold part above. It will take another 2.5 years to increase money supply at today's rate before capping at 100 will only cause 50% inflation. If the actual inflation gets lower because more miner mine, the max-inf=50% moment will come later. What a paradox.

The current parameters favors late miners.

Isn't that actually a good thing in terms of favoring late investors?? A low price would also favor late investors, right? You want to enter a market when it is at the bottom, yes?

Well I guess this not the bottom. The bottom and destiny will be in the 10 satoshi range when only a few die hard miners are left and nothing happen to YAC years after years. Existing investors value will be wiped out by perpetual new comers.

Also, don't overlook PoS. As times moves forward, the amount of coins created through PoS will rise in comparison to coins created through PoW. Theoretically, the price and amount of existing coins could reach a point where it is guaranteed that buying YAC with fiat/bitcoin would be more cost effective than buying the most efficient mining rig because the amount of coins you would create through PoS minting would be more than you could ever hope for with PoW to get return on investment.

Funny you should mention POS. I am interested in YAC because it is one of the major POS coins in my mind. My first POS block was mined in YAC.  I am posting about POW here because I don't want hyperinflation to kill YAC. Mine-and-sell backed by high reward drives down prices which brings higher reward. The number of miners will be fewer and fewer. The network becomes less and less secure. If the a top miner does a 51% attack to cryptsy, YAC's reputation as a serious cryptocurrency is over. Or YAC will be a pure hobbist coin.

It will take 33 years to increase money supply at today's rate before capping at 100 will only cause 5% inflation (POS rate)  Grin There will be almost one billion YACs. If you buy and hold and mint POS today, you are looking at loosing 90% of the value. Even YAC price reaches 1 satoshi it might be still  fun to play with for me on the technical part. But not all in the community agree with that. 
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
August 01, 2014, 10:57:40 PM

The inflation decreases over time as the number of mined coins over time becomes a smaller and smaller amount relative to the overall number of coins in existence.  Look at what it will be a few years down the road.

There is no guarantee that mined coins will decrease. I hope YAC is till there in a few years. One and one miner can 51% any day. More about security below.

Again, I think your enthusiasm is admirable. It seems to me though that you are very focused on the price of YACoin per Bitcoin? I suggest you look into mining as it is a great way to acquire YACoins, especially if you aren't minting very many through PoS. You have the best people here to assist you with that.

You make some good points. I think you should look at inflation differently. Inflation is a term we are using to describe the increase of money supply. There is one problem with that assumption: YACoin has not been accepted as a form of money by any means, not even close. We are in an adoption phase. I mean even Bitcoin is in an adoption phase that is designed to last for over a hundred years before reaching it's inflation rate of 0.

People will speculate based on future inflation rate more so than the current inflation rate. WindMaster made the point that inflation is a ratio of new coins being created versus coins already in existence. If block reward was a constant 100 forever, PoW inflation rate would decrease over time because the ratio gets smaller and smaller as coins in existence increases. Someone who is pessimistic about the high block reward should wait to enter the market at a price where they think even the 100 block reward limit won't theoretically result in a huge change in price from everyone mining and dumping.

The current parameters favors late miners.

Isn't that actually a good thing in terms of favoring late investors?? A low price would also favor late investors, right? You want to enter a market when it is at the bottom, yes? Compare it to other coins where most of the coins have already been created and only a handful of people are holding on to them... that is way too scammy. I'd rather stick with Bitcoin or even government fiat. I don't care what special characteristics that coin has as a less scammy clone could always be created.

Also, don't overlook PoS. As times moves forward, the amount of coins created through PoS will rise in comparison to coins created through PoW. Theoretically, the price and amount of existing coins could reach a point where it is guaranteed that buying YAC with fiat/bitcoin would be more cost effective than buying the most efficient mining rig because the amount of coins you would create through PoS minting would be more than you could ever hope for with PoW to get return on investment.
CAT.EX Exchange
August 01, 2014, 09:09:16 PM

The inflation decreases over time as the number of mined coins over time becomes a smaller and smaller amount relative to the overall number of coins in existence.  Look at what it will be a few years down the road.

The top miner at coinmin.pl is getting 84k YAC per day. If the community doesn't do anything YAC will get the reputation that saver's value will be wiped out by a few miners when diff is low.

The top miner at coinmine.pl is investing a large amount of hardware resources and power to get those coins.  The block reward they're receiving isn't vastly greater than the block reward was during YAC's hash rate peak. 

The community has changed a lot since the early days of YAC. In those days there weren't many investors, just speculators and miners. I care more about what adopters and investors see YAC in the long term. There are already 27m YACs. A lot of newly mined coins aren't that important for YAC economy any more.

YAC survives to this day was not because someone stuck to the original release, but because someone went ahead to keep working and improving.

Was me?  The very first thing I did after forking the YACoin source was not to go changing the reward parameters.

It was you and thanks for that. Many contributors, too. I have heard you profitted nicely in the deal. Hope you contribute more.

For a starter, I suggest we change the cap to 25 which effectively sets the index to 0 when diff<=1. The cap is reached when diff<1 . Maximum inflation will be 49% pa. It's still pretty bad but if it is too low the miners aren't too happy. That said if a miner likes YAK YAC, he/she should like low inflation; if she/he doesn't care, then feel free to mine something else.

Translation: "I'd like to hard fork your coin to change the block reward so early investors and miners have a larger advantage over current miners.  And if you don't like it, feel free to mine something else."

Is that a fair translation?

It's a narrow minded motivation guess. You are not in the shoes of potential future adopters who mainly look at YAC to see if it is  a good store of value. For medium of exchange, unit of account, and network security many other cryptocurrencies are doing just as well.

What is the point of a fancy ASIC-resistant algorithm to avoid hash power concentration when one of today's miners or the dominant mining pool constantly has more than 60% network hash power?
Activity: 347
Merit: 250
August 01, 2014, 03:59:20 PM

The inflation decreases over time as the number of mined coins over time becomes a smaller and smaller amount relative to the overall number of coins in existence.  Look at what it will be a few years down the road.

The top miner at coinmin.pl is getting 84k YAC per day. If the community doesn't do anything YAC will get the reputation that saver's value will be wiped out by a few miners when diff is low.

The top miner at coinmine.pl is investing a large amount of hardware resources and power to get those coins.  The block reward they're receiving isn't vastly greater than the block reward was during YAC's hash rate peak.  Your proposal is to slash their return by more than 1/2 and just cross your fingers that price of YAC rises by an equivalent to compensate, for the purpose of increasing the value of early investors?  Sounds more like a recipe to drive away more miners, who are already in short supply.  Note, I hold a pretty large quantity of YAC at this point (not quite a million YAC yet though), and even I would be opposed to this change because I've seen numerous other alts try to change their block reward to enrichen the early investors / hodlers and/or penalize miners that came later.  I have yet to see that work out particularly well..

There's already a cap on the block reward in place.  I would be more worried if there were not, or if modern miners were getting an order of magnitude higher reward now or something, but that is not the case.  The sky is not falling.  All alts are decreasing in value at the moment.  Hard forks and changes to the basic parameters of a coin should be a last resort reserved for extreme circumstances.  Note that the YAC community is still alive even though we still have the same basic reward parameters that the coin started with.  We prosper by knowing when to keep our hands off the basic parameters of the coin for the purpose of favoring a select part of the community's participants.  The way the reward calculation works and is capped wasn't a mystery that was suddenly sprung on everyone recently, it is the same as it has been since the beginning and anyone choosing to participate in YAC should have known what those parameters were when they became involved.

YAC survives to this day was not because someone stuck to the original release, but because someone went ahead to keep working and improving.

Was me?  The very first thing I did after forking the YACoin source was not to go changing the reward parameters.

For a starter, I suggest we change the cap to 25 which effectively sets the index to 0 when diff<=1. The cap is reached when diff<1 . Maximum inflation will be 49% pa. It's still pretty bad but if it is too low the miners aren't too happy. That said if a miner likes YAK YAC, he/she should like low inflation; if she/he doesn't care, then feel free to mine something else.

Translation: "I'd like to hard fork your coin to change the block reward so early investors and miners have a larger advantage over current miners.  And if you don't like it, feel free to mine something else."

Is that a fair translation?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
August 01, 2014, 06:39:45 AM
inflation over 40% is already pretty high...look at VTC for instance, it got dumped to hell.

Yac survives mainly because it's hard to mine for farm guys. Price wise.

I really like the concepts and the work the developers have done so far, would love to be able to buy some yac or mine it again, been busy trading other alts lately.
CAT.EX Exchange
The inflation is now 118% pa, or 10% per month, not counting POS. The top miner at coinmin.pl is getting 84k YAC per day. If the community doesn't do anything YAC will get the reputation that saver's value will be wiped out by a few miners when diff is low.

Couldn't we say the same thing about Bitcoin or any coin that has POW?

We could. Except in its early low hash days Bitcoin community (Satoshi and a few others) didn't care about inflation because BTC was seen as a hobby experiment rather than a serious finacial instrument. That was how Satoshi got his pile of coins. Many people see these early coins as a risk to this day. LTC has not seen its  low hash days. PPC, NXT are POS. The small POW alts have all sort of issues that often dwarf inflation.

That is definitely the reason I have stuck with YAC, but look at YBCoin or ZCCoin. If you define value as marketcap, they have done amazing well compared to other coins which have phenomenally better in terms of spearheading activity and improvements.

Like NVC, YBcoin and ZCCoin are copycat coins that are mostly owned by a few whales (the devs and insider investors, all in China as I know). The prices of them are highly manipulated, and fixed in tight bands at artificial high numbers by the whales on their own insider exchanges. The marketsA of these coins are cornered.  For example if I make a coin and keep 1 billion myself, leaving one thousand to trade on my exchange. When the price is low I buy from myself at $1, then I will have marketcap of $1B.
NVC was the first such coins (NVC is innovative coin but still a scam coiin). Its iinsider exchange is btc-e. Now it has a lot of follower. 

I don't know if a hardfork is needed. But if it is, there is only one pool and 60 miners in the world to persuade.

A hardfork is really a vote of no confidence by stakeholders for their own coin. Value is based on perception, 'fiat', so you can imagine how a serious investor would perceive a coin that just forks when a handful of people are unhappy with the price per coin. Plus, you would have to coordinate with the exchanges (you TRUST they will follow through?), and I use the pool yac.m-s-t.org Smiley

Let's not kidding ourselves. How serious do the investors you refer to think about 120% pa inflation? I don't think the majority of community members are automatically against a hardfork. In the forum the majority is always silent.

Adding exchanges to coordination list? OK Cryptsy and bter. Two to add. I don't think they care either way, however. coinmine.pl has 70% of YAC hash power. I guess we really only need to talk to one entity.

For a starter, I suggest we change the cap to 25 which effectively sets the index to 0 when diff<=1. The cap is reached when diff<1 . Maximum inflation will be 49% pa. It's still pretty bad but if it is too low the miners aren't too happy. That said if a miner likes YAK, he/she should like low inflation; if she/he doesn't care, then feel free to mine something else.

With all respect (and I love your enthusiasm), I feel you are really talking about changing one arbitrary value for another arbitrary value in order to reach some unknown, arbitrary goal. Again, look at YBCoin... they have like a 1% PoS annual inflation rate? Compared to YACoin at 5%? I thought PoS was good for savers?

Even Bitcoin is called an experiment with beta software. We are all in an experiment.
"For a starter" means that it is to start a discussion. Capping at 25 is no random because it brings down inflation down below 50%. YAC has gone through high hash days well so there seems no need to change the index when diff > 1.  Now what is your idea if to make a change?
No more technical comment on YBC, which couldn't even think of a better name than using the next letter in the alphabet when copying YAC.

Your last comment almost implies a point that I would agree with: it seems intuitive that in order for a coin to increase in value, the miners need to mine and HOLD, not mine and dump. If all of the miners just put their yacoins in cold storage forever, wouldn't you retract your suggestion?

Then I will post something about excessive hording, which is a different problem.

I think it is very difficult to convince someone who is brand new to crypto to mine and NOT dump a coin that is ranked 140 in marketcap when it is profitable to do so. Perhaps a corollary idea of helping people who are already holding to mine would be better at this point. I am flirting with an idea to send a 16GB USB stick to people in exchange for YAC. You could tell me your hardware configuration, and I'll program all the software needed on the USB, so all you will have to do is turn on the Power Supply Unit. I'm weary of the idea because not a single person was interested in my YACrates. Sad

You can lead the horse to the river ... It's far better to perfect the incentive of the coin and let market do its things in the right way. Even you prop up the hash rage by 10 times, the block size and inflation only change 10^1/6 - 1 = 50%. We are talking about 120 - 200% inflation now.
The inflation is now 118% pa, or 10% per month, not counting POS. The top miner at coinmin.pl is getting 84k YAC per day. If the community doesn't do anything YAC will get the reputation that saver's value will be wiped out by a few miners when diff is low.

Couldn't we say the same thing about Bitcoin or any coin that has POW?

That is definitely the reason I have stuck with YAC, but look at YBCoin or ZCCoin. If you define value as marketcap, they have done amazing well compared to other coins which have phenomenally better in terms of spearheading activity and improvements.

I don't know if a hardfork is needed. But if it is, there is only one pool and 60 miners in the world to persuade.

A hardfork is really a vote of no confidence by stakeholders for their own coin. Value is based on perception, 'fiat', so you can imagine how a serious investor would perceive a coin that just forks when a handful of people are unhappy with the price per coin. Plus, you would have to coordinate with the exchanges (you TRUST they will follow through?), and I use the pool yac.m-s-t.org Smiley

For a starter, I suggest we change the cap to 25 which effectively sets the index to 0 when diff<=1. The cap is reached when diff<1 . Maximum inflation will be 49% pa. It's still pretty bad but if it is too low the miners aren't too happy. That said if a miner likes YAK, he/she should like low inflation; if she/he doesn't care, then feel free to mine something else.

With all respect (and I love your enthusiasm), I feel you are really talking about changing one arbitrary value for another arbitrary value in order to reach some unknown, arbitrary goal. Again, look at YBCoin... they have like a 1% PoS annual inflation rate? Compared to YACoin at 5%? I thought PoS was good for savers?

Your last comment almost implies a point that I would agree with: it seems intuitive that in order for a coin to increase in value, the miners need to mine and HOLD, not mine and dump. If all of the miners just put their yacoins in cold storage forever, wouldn't you retract your suggestion?

I think it is very difficult to convince someone who is brand new to crypto to mine and NOT dump a coin that is ranked 140 in marketcap when it is profitable to do so. Perhaps a corollary idea of helping people who are already holding to mine would be better at this point. I am flirting with an idea to send a 16GB USB stick to people in exchange for YAC. You could tell me your hardware configuration, and I'll program all the software needed on the USB, so all you will have to do is turn on the Power Supply Unit. I'm weary of the idea because not a single person was interested in my YACrates. Sad
CAT.EX Exchange
If you look at the y=1 / diff^1/6 curve it goes up sharply when diff->0 . The 1/6 factor might be OK to deal with Moore's Law when diff is big. But it is not doing well when diff is low. Faster GPUs won't make much of a difference when going through x^1/6 .

aliases - i'd rather not do that. even firstbits seemed like a dumb idea to me. i can guarantee it'll end up like the coinbase's aliases (at least i think it was coinbase) - a fake sean's outpost charity alias registered within minutes and "the ceo of bitcoin", to name a few Cheesy

So what? But NVM, I see no one here wanna innovate even a bit so I'm out, enjoy YAC under 100 Satoshi very soon - well deserved.

To be honest I don't think innovation is what does the full thing. Take a look at myriadcoin, it's at 70 satoshi right now and it's the only one that introduced distributed algo mining...

Good point. But I was uneasy with Myriadcoin because if the concept was successful, wouldn't a 10+ algorithm coin be so much better? With that said, I feel so many people now are very simply looking at the price per coin. If people want to make money off of price speculation, there are MANY different avenues for that. I'll also point out that all of the alts have been declining, and it seems every thread is full of frustration with that. It is important to remember the price of Bitcoin in dollars has a huge effect on the price of YACoin in dollars.

I think POW inflation seems too high when network hash rate is low.

I was actually kind of noticing the same thing - Worst case scenario, it becomes 100 coins per block, and that's 144,000 YAC per day mined in an idealistic situation (1 block per minute, no POS).  The problem is, changing the reward is a hard fork, and
   a. Hard forks should be kept to a minimum
   b. changing the block reward has had detrimental effects on other coins
   c. from a YAC->BTC perspective, the price has adjusted to reflect this, and the same hash I had a month ago brings in more YAC, but that YAC is worth the same amount of BTC as last months YAC was worth at last months YAC->BTC prices.

I don't think a hard fork to address just that is in order, but if there were a couple of changes for the better that needed to be done, it might be something to consider changing.  

I almost dropped YACoin altogether a while back because of this characteristic until someone pointed out the 100 block reward limit. I think the key here, in particular, is patience. What will happen when the 880ti comes out? I imagine it could have an effect on hashrate. There will surely be more high VRAM GPUs on the way, and I imagine some of the i7 chips will become cheaper, which will encourage higher and higher hashrate for all the scrypt-chacha coins.
Activity: 693

I was actually kind of noticing the same thing - Worst case scenario, it becomes 100 coins per block, and that's 144,000 YAC per day mined in an idealistic situation (1 block per minute, no POS).  The problem is, changing the reward is a hard fork, and
   a. Hard forks should be kept to a minimum
   b. changing the block reward has had detrimental effects on other coins
   c. from a YAC->BTC perspective, the price has adjusted to reflect this, and the same hash I had a month ago brings in more YAC, but that YAC is worth the same amount of BTC as last months YAC was worth at last months YAC->BTC prices.

I don't think a hard fork to address just that is in order, but if there were a couple of changes for the better that needed to be done, it might be something to consider changing. 
CAT.EX Exchange
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH

Screw you guys... I'm going home!

I believe dogecoin is looking for some new fanboys. See ya!

To anyone else that has some suggestions and wants to actually discuss the pros and cons of implementing, please continue to do so.
Activity: 322
aliases - i'd rather not do that. even firstbits seemed like a dumb idea to me. i can guarantee it'll end up like the coinbase's aliases (at least i think it was coinbase) - a fake sean's outpost charity alias registered within minutes and "the ceo of bitcoin", to name a few Cheesy

So what? But NVM, I see no one here wanna innovate even a bit so I'm out, enjoy YAC under 100 Satoshi very soon - well deserved.

To be honest I don't think innovation is what does the full thing. Take a look at myriadcoin, it's at 70 satoshi right now and it's the only one that introduced distributed algo mining...
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)

Activity: 406
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
leveldb would not improve the start-up time by much, as there are some more PoS-related checks and also the scrypt Nfactor a major role in load times (and with so many blocks it gets even worse).

yeah, the geolocation data was on my old site - though afaik it was quite inaccurate (a LONG delay before an inactive address was removed from the list - so it was a bit inflated). i could make a more accurate version of that from the dnsseed server data (currently ~400 nodes, just 35 with over 10% uptime over last 30 days - so the network isn't that big).

no opinion on the qt wallet transparency here Tongue

what i'd like to see is people swithing from full qt wallet to thin clients (instant start-up, negligible storage requirements, not so much cpu-intensive - so it can run on your smartphone without draining the battery in seconds). however, that would require a PoS minting capability built into such clients - which is not an easy task, but certainly doable. just my 2 yacs

With many full nodes that accept incoming connections some cool "anon" features can be done. Not a single altcoin yet improved a way nodes connect and reconnect over time which is what makes networks an easy target for signal inteligence and especially traffic analysis.

imo the node "buckets" and overall connection policy in bitcoin and derivatives in quite good and i don't see anything obvious to improve there. traffic analysis? there's no encryption whatsoever, so i don't see the point there. same with sigint. also, all the *coin networks have a unique identification "magic" so you can eg. easily block all bitcoin traffic with a simple deep packet inspection.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
For 2, I agree with Thirty, I always get at least 8 connections. Do you have a common setup, or are using any proxies, etc?

I use common setup. Anyway, there used to be a website showing not just number of nodes but geo-location of them, is it still online? With many full nodes that accept incoming
connections some cool "anon" features can be done. Not a single altcoin yet improved a way nodes connect and reconnect over time which is what makes networks an easy target
for signal inteligence and especially traffic analysis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal_intelligence

4. Aliases - user creates an alias and assigns YAC address to it via special transaction, later to send coins to user one could just use alias instead of normal YAC address.

4. - Seems problematic and memory intensive - everyone with an open wallet would need to be scanning all aliases on the off chance they're sending it to one.  Plus, nothing like having alias squatters! Tongue  Has any coin implemented this?

To not break main database compatibility, aliases could be stored in separate database which would be indexed and thus allow quick scan. Since alias is linked to single YAC address
and there can't be more than 1 alias per YAC address, squatting would mean potential alias buyer risks losing coins because seller would know YAC address private key at all times so
I think alias market would just not work.

NXT has aliases and one other coin (I think it is based on CryptoNote) added aliases but only as a special transaction within newly mined block, e.g. only block creator can add alias.
Not really practical, I see no good reason to prevent normal users from creating aliases for YAC addresses they are using. Of course, there would be a fee preferably much over 0.01
YAC to avoid spamming.
CAT.EX Exchange
Primecoin has 1 minute block time, too.  I just clocked. Primecoin wallet takes 2 min 30 sec from starting wallet to wallet starting to sync. Yacoin wallet takes 6 min 20 sec to do that.
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH

Startup time was greatly increased though a coding change, but LevelDB still needs to be implemented.

For 2, I agree with Thirty, I always get at least 8 connections. Do you have a common setup, or are using any proxies, etc?

3) You don't like the semi transparent wallet Wink  
I will look at the ones you mentioned as it would be great to distance YAC from the common wallet theme for sure.

Thanks for the suggestions!

1) You mean greatly improved/reduced, right?  Wink
2) I get plenty of connections too.
3) I've always wondered if the transparency is deliberate.  Cheesy

1) Haha, yes, I meant speed of the startup time, but greatly improved/reduced sounds much better!

3) I added the opacity to symbolize the overall transparency that Yacoin represents Smiley I like it, but if someone wants to change it (cough, Thirtybird), here is my code. https://github.com/yacoin/yacoin/blob/master/src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp#L73
Activity: 274

Startup time was greatly increased though a coding change, but LevelDB still needs to be implemented.

I will look at the ones you mentioned as it would be great to distance YAC from the common wallet theme for sure.

1) You mean greatly improved/reduced, right?  Wink
2) I get plenty of connections too.
3) I've always wondered if the transparency is deliberate.  Cheesy
Activity: 693
Just a few things that would improve YAC overally:

1. Switch database to LevelDB - faster startup and shutdown, less chance for data corruption.
2. Increase number of full nodes that accept incoming connections - currently my node can't find even 8 of them after few hours online.
3. Use different wallet look and feel - check Silkcoin or N5coin, integrated blockchain explorer and statistics are just awesome addition.
4. Aliases - user creates an alias and assigns YAC address to it via special transaction, later to send coins to user one could just use alias instead of normal YAC address.

1. - I think that was done a long time ago
2. - I had 20 connections after 30 minutes and now 49 after 12 hours
3. - Great ideas, just need someone to volunteer to write them
4. - Seems problematic and memory intensive - everyone with an open wallet would need to be scanning all aliases on the off chance they're sending it to one.  Plus, nothing like having alias squatters! Tongue  Has any coin implemented this?

My mistake - I thought that change included the switch to LevelDB.

Actually, I don't care for the semi-transparent myself - I use the wallet through an RDP connection, so it's rather painful at times if the connection is slow.
Pages:
Jump to: