Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 61. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 260
Merit: 251
Just a few things that would improve YAC overally:

1. Switch database to LevelDB - faster startup and shutdown, less chance for data corruption.
2. Increase number of full nodes that accept incoming connections - currently my node can't find even 8 of them after few hours online.
3. Use different wallet look and feel - check Silkcoin or N5coin, integrated blockchain explorer and statistics are just awesome addition.
4. Aliases - user creates an alias and assigns YAC address to it via special transaction, later to send coins to user one could just use alias instead of normal YAC address.

1. - I think that was done a long time ago
AFAIK that ain't so!
2. - I had 20 connections after 30 minutes and now 49 after 12 hours
3. - Great ideas, just need someone to volunteer to write them
4. - Seems problematic and memory intensive - everyone with an open wallet would need to be scanning all aliases on the off chance they're sending it to one.  Plus, nothing like having alias squatters! Tongue  Has any coin implemented this?

The change from BerkeleyDB to levelDB doesn't involve the wallet as far as Bitcoin goes.  It is also NOT documented what exactly the files in the Bitcoin blocks, index and chainstate directories represent.  Bitcoin switched over at version 0.8.0, which is just after the YACoin source was snagged, since you can see YACoin's Bitcoin version as 0.7.3

Even if one knew intimately what the Bitcoin ...chainstate/nnnnnnn.sst files were, the .../blocks/index/00nnnn.sst files were, etc.  And even if one could "convert" the old data to a new levelDB rendition, coordinating the change-over would seem to be "tricky", without testing, etc. etc.

Doesn't mean one shouldn't though.

subSTRATA, I'm not seeing any appreciable shutdown delay in YACoin 0.4.3 or 0.4.4 And the start up is quite fast (the 2nd time, when "stuff" is in the OS caches Smiley)  Even the "first-time" LoadBlockIndexGuts() isn't too shabby since at ~1 minute per block, there are more blocks than a ~10 minute per block coin.  YACoin has almost twice as many blocks as Bitcoin.  There are other start up checks too, and I don't know if levelDB would affect them that much.  For example the checking stake checksums and the Verifying the last xxx blocks.

Ron

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH

1. Switch database to LevelDB - faster startup and shutdown, less chance for data corruption.
2. Increase number of full nodes that accept incoming connections - currently my node can't find even 8 of them after few hours online.
3. Use different wallet look and feel - check Silkcoin or N5coin, integrated blockchain explorer and statistics are just awesome addition.
4. Aliases - user creates an alias and assigns YAC address to it via special transaction, later to send coins to user one could just use alias instead of normal YAC address.

4. - Seems problematic and memory intensive - everyone with an open wallet would need to be scanning all aliases on the off chance they're sending it to one.  Plus, nothing like having alias squatters! Tongue  Has any coin implemented this?

Startup time was greatly increased though a coding change, but LevelDB still needs to be implemented.

For 2, I agree with Thirty, I always get at least 8 connections. Do you have a common setup, or are using any proxies, etc?

3) You don't like the semi transparent wallet Wink  
I will look at the ones you mentioned as it would be great to distance YAC from the common wallet theme for sure.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Activity: 693
Merit: 500

4. - Seems problematic and memory intensive - everyone with an open wallet would need to be scanning all aliases on the off chance they're sending it to one.  Plus, nothing like having alias squatters! Tongue  Has any coin implemented this?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)

GCVMMWH
Very cool.  Can someone post a separate thread about Yacdice?
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Sarted up a little dicegame for Yacoin =)

1% house edge
Instant Payout
No registration
+Faucet, 0.01YAC giveaway every 60 sec

http://dbl.btcfarming.com/yacoindice

Hope this will boost some life into Yac again

Wow!  This is awesome!

I'm not sure if the 'faucet' is working.  It says 'Sorry, your balance must be 0 to claim the Yacoin bonus.' when I enter the catcha.

Is there an option for players to 'invest in the house' to help increase the max bets?  I'd be interesting in this. Smiley

The Faucet is only giving out if your ballance is exact 0, this is to prevent someone screwing with the bankroll.
For now so is there not any invest opportunity, since i don't want to be hold accountable for others non "play funds" until i know for sure that the script is safe ^^

The bankroll is 6600Yac, so it's a start hehe
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★

1% house edge
Instant Payout
No registration

Wow!  This is awesome!

I'm not sure if the 'faucet' is working.  It says 'Sorry, your balance must be 0 to claim the Yacoin bonus.' when I enter the catcha.

Is there an option for players to 'invest in the house' to help increase the max bets?  I'd be interesting in this. Smiley
Activity: 106

1% house edge
Instant Payout
No registration

GCVMMWH
New testing build with Groko's changes are up!  Test it out and let me know of any issues.

https://github.com/yacoin/yacoin/releases/tag/testing_0.4.4-B
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Awesome!   I can help test the windows client if you need a hand.  Smiley
GCVMMWH
I don't belive a poll is needed. I should have some time over the next day or so to merge to testing and build the windows client.
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Groko's been doing some work on the POS miner through the YACoin client.  Looks like he found a world around to some of the long-term concerns.  I thought I would share the link here to increase awareness.  I believe he recently made a pull request to have this items added to the sourcecode.

http://yacointalk.grokonet.com/t/pos-mining-performance-boost/67

More excellent additions by Groko! Well need some community consensus on this, so everyone that can, please provide your opinion.
[/quote

Does anyone object to this update?  Should we put together a poll to formalize it?
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
YAChoarder is giving away 40,000 YAC and 20,000 YAC for ONE PICTURE. That is over $100 USD worth of YACoin (ONE PICTURE) even at these depressed prices! Crazy!

http://forum.yacoin.org/index.php?topic=680.0

I think that was worth announcing on this thread

And I STILL have 48,000 YACoins I'm itching to giveaway: http://forum.yacoin.org/index.php?topic=672.0

Another big bounty is the 100,000 YACoins for the multipool. You have to read the thread because the idea is MUCH more than yet another multipool: http://forum.yacoin.org/index.php?topic=639.0
Activity: 288
Merit: 260
Guys, we need some jokes for adding YAC to Hivewallet Wink

Get involved!

legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
... But why would anyone want the option of having the inputs split? The original reason for it is obsolete right?

In reply to that I couldn't agree more with the answer aso118 already gave above:

...  This would be very appealing to me; in a cash wallet, I could set transactions to merge to about 1 block size, where in a savings wallet (on a different computer) I could set the transaction to be larger (20-100 times the block size) to cut down on how long I need to leave the wallet/computer running.

I also think this might come handy in the future: Imagine users setting this parameter and for example an average of last 6 months of this values (derived from PoS blocks) would determine some more global aspect of yacoin network operation. There are other usages and I will write about them some other time.
In any case I believe it is of significant importance to have this dynamic.

How hard would it be to implement something like this?  And would there be any downside in security/transaction size/etc?
Activity: 118
... But why would anyone want the option of having the inputs split? The original reason for it is obsolete right?

In reply to that I couldn't agree more with the answer aso118 already gave above:

...  This would be very appealing to me; in a cash wallet, I could set transactions to merge to about 1 block size, where in a savings wallet (on a different computer) I could set the transaction to be larger (20-100 times the block size) to cut down on how long I need to leave the wallet/computer running.

I also think this might come handy in the future: Imagine users setting this parameter and for example an average of last 6 months of this values (derived from PoS blocks) would determine some more global aspect of yacoin network operation. There are other usages and I will write about them some other time.
In any case I believe it is of significant importance to have this dynamic.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
The original reason for it is obsolete right?
Yes, it is.
Groko's been doing some work on the POS miner through the YACoin client.  Looks like he found a world around to some of the long-term concerns.  I thought I would share the link here to increase awareness.  I believe he recently made a pull request to have this items added to the sourcecode.

http://yacointalk.grokonet.com/t/pos-mining-performance-boost/67

More excellent additions by Groko! Well need some community consensus on this, so everyone that can, please provide your opinion.

I was asking this feature long ago! So I'm for it.

Can we set an option in wallet under advanced settings? You set the manual "nSplitThreshold" for splitting.
By default it can be as Groko have choosen for nCombineThreshold
Code:
int64 nCombineThreshold = GetProofOfWorkReward(GetLastBlockIndex(pindexBest, false)->nBits) * 10 ;

So we will have two rules for not splitting the output of PoS block:
1) if age more than 90 days (as it was hardcoded by pocopoco)
2) if output less than nSplitThreshold

This will be a good compromise for those who wants to split and for those who wants to not split!  Cheesy

I always say more choices is the key to happiness. But why would anyone want the option of having the inputs split? The original reason for it is obsolete right?

BTW I wish there was a different word other than 'community'--I think the communities of coins out there are looking more and more like cults clamoring for centralization.

Investors...

I like stakeholders, but they both connote people who are holding YACoins, which may not necessarily be the case. Perhaps 'contributors' works better. I should avoid the word 'community' altogether though I think.

50,000 YACoin Promotional Give-A-Way!

Claim your 1000 YAC if you haven't already! There are 48,000 YACoins left in the purse.

RJF
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Online since '89...

BTW I wish there was a different word other than 'community'--I think the communities of coins out there are looking more and more like cults clamoring for centralization.

Investors...
Pages:
Jump to: